Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: General News and Discussion.

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    A few months ago, Fox announced they were developing an Animation Domination block consisting of quarter-hour shows that would air late Saturday nights.They recently announced their first series would be based on the web comic, Axe Cop.The block is scheduled to launch in early 2013.

Deadline
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I see Mill Maher's show was renewed for 2 more years, which was probably a forgone conclusion since it sometimes gets higher ratings than network shows in the same time period.

The thing it shows me is that people will watch lively political discussion that isn't 3 minute sound bite arguments and is instead long form discussion. And that HBO likes making money. ^_^
  • Options
    Syfy officially announces Booster Gold as part of it's upcoming development slate.

Deadline
    Untitled Booster Gold Project – Based on the best-selling DC Entertainment Comic, this is the story of a washed-up athlete from the future who travels back to the present in hopes of becoming the greatest superhero of all time. But instead of chasing criminals, his main priority is chasing fame and money. Booster Gold discovers that being a hero takes more than just a megawatt smile. Writer: Andrew Kreisberg (Arrow, Warehouse 13). Executive producers: Greg Berlanti (Green Lantern, Arrow) and Andrew Kreisberg. Producers: Greg Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television. The Booster Gold comic book series is published by DC Entertainment, which will also act as an executive producer.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Think it'll feature any other established characters, or have cameos?
  • Options
    Fringe has been renewed for a 13-episode 5th and final season.

Deadline
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Fringe has been renewed for a 13-episode 5th and final season.

Deadline
    *happy dance*
  • Options
    HBO gives second season renewals to Veep and Girls.

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I just saw the strangest poll on Yahoo this is how it read

Which of these short-lived Fox shows was the best?

"Arrested Development"
    "Firefly"
    "Undeclared"
    "Wonderfalls"

Now, all due respect to Arrested Development fans...But, that show did get three seasons, it shouldn't qualify as short-lived.
  • Options
    The CW gives early renewals to The Vampire Diaries(season 4), 90210(season 5) and Supernatural(season 8).

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    Starz! has given an 8-episode straight to series order for a Treasure Island prequel produced by Michael Bay. Black Sails will be set 20 years before Treasure Island.

Comingsoon.net
    Flint, the most brilliant and most feared pirate captain of his day, takes on a fast-talking young addition to his crew who goes by the name John Silver. Threatened with extinction on all sides, they fight for the survival of New Providence Island, the most notorious criminal haven of its day – a debauched paradise teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by both its enlightened ideals and its stunning brutality.
    Black Sails was created by Jonathan E. Steinberg, who co-created Jericho and developed Human Target, serving as the showrunner for the first season. He will be the showrunner and executive producer.

The series is set to debut in 2014.
  • Options
    The CW gives early renewals to The Vampire Diaries(season 4), 90210(season 5) and Supernatural(season 8).

The Hollywood Reporter
    Me and the girlfriend loves us some Vampire Diaries.

Looking forward to the third season DVD set.
  • Options
    TNT renews Southland for a 5th season.

Deadline

Showtime renews The Borgias for a 3rd season.

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    With only a week to go before Upfronts, NBC announces it's new series.

Deadline

Go On is a single-camera comedy starring Matthew Perry as a charming sportscaster (Perry) forced into a mandatory group grief counseling following a great loss.

Save Me is a single-camera comedy starring Anne Heche as a woman who lets herself – and her marriage – go until she undergoes an “awakening” that transforms her spiritually and physically into a desirable and outspoken woman who just might be channeling god.

The New Normal is a single-camera comedy about a gay couple who enlist a cast strapped single mother to help them have a child.

Revolution is an action drama from J.J. Abrams and Supernatural creator, Eric Kripke, that follows a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. It stars Billy Burke and Giancarlo Esposito.

1600 Penn is a single-camera White House family comedy starring Bill Pullman and Jenna Elfman.

Animal Practice is a single-camera comedy starring Justin Kirk as a veterinarian who loves animals but usually hates their owners.

Guys With Kids is a multi-camera comedy about three 30-something guys who enjoy the adventures of parenting despite the fact they haven’t grown up themselves. It stars Anthony Anderson, Jesse Bradford and Zach Cregger.

Chicago Fire is an action-drama from Dick Wolf set at the Chicago Fire Department. It stars Jesse Spencer, Eamonn Walker and Taylor Kinney.

Do No Harm is a Jekyll & Hyde-esque medical drama about a brilliant neurosurgeon wrestling with his dangerous alter-ego that threatens to wreak havoc on his personal and professional life.

Infamous is a soap about a female detective who returns to the town she grew up in. She goes undercover to solve the murder of her former friend, who is part of the wealthy family that employed her mother as a maid. It stars Meagan Good.

Next Caller is a single-camera gender comedy focusing on a brash alpha male DJ and his new, plucky, feminist co-host set in the offices of a satellite radio station. It stars Dane Cook and Collette Wolfe.

Hannibal is a thriller created by Bryan Fuller that follows Hannibal Lector and Will Graham at the start of their relationship. It stars Hugh Dancy.

RENEWALS
    Law & Order: SVU
    Parenthood
    30 Rock - 13/14 episode final season
    Community - 13 episodes
    Grimm (previously renewed)
    Smash (previously renewed)
    Parks and Recreation - 22 episodes
    Up All Night
    The Office
    Whitney
    Fashion Star

CANCELLATIONS
    Are You There, Chelsea
    BFF
    Bent
    Awake
    Harry's Law
    Free Agents (previously canceled)
    The Playboy Club (previously canceled)
    Prime Suspect (previously canceled)
    The Firm
    The Marriage Ref
    Fear Factor
    Minute To Win It
    Who Do You Think You Are?
    The Sing Off
  • Options
    TNT renews Southland for a 5th season.

Deadline

Showtime renews The Borgias for a 3rd season.

The Hollywood Reporter
    I'm loving the Borgias this season!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Fox starts announcing their Fall pickups.

Deadline

It's Messy is a single-camera comedy starring Mindy Kaling as a doctor trying to navigate both her personal and professional lives.

Ben & Kate is a comedy about a free spirited guy who, under the guise of being his niece’s nanny, moves in with his tightly wound sister and in the process will help her re-enter the world. It stars Nat Faxon and Dakota Johnson.

The Goodwin Games is a comedy about a father who leaves his fortune to his 3 children only if they agree to his terms. It stars Becky Newton and Scott Foley.

The Mob Doctor is a drama starring Jordana Spiro as a thoracic surgeon who is in debt to the South Chicago mob.

The Following is a thriller about an ex-FBI agent who leads the search to catch a diabolical serial killer who has created a cult of serial killers. It stars Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy and Shawn Ashmore.

RENEWALS
    Touch
    Family Guy
    American Dad
    The Cleveland Show
    Fringe (previously renewed 13-episode final season)
    American Idol
    Bones
    Glee
    Hell's Kitchen
    Kitchen Nightmares
    New Girl
    Raising Hope
    The Simpsons
    The X Factor
    Bob's Burgers

CANCELLATIONS
    I Hate My Teenage Daughter
    The Finder
    Alcatraz
    Breaking In
    Terra Nova (previously cancelled)
    Allen Gregory (previously cancelled)
    Napoleon Dynamite
  • Options
    I knew they would can The Finder but really they should have giving it at least another short season but this time actually pair it with Bones for more than one ep.

It's weird that Touch is getting renewed. No one I know even knows of the show and I don't really see much talk of it online.

It's Messy wont last the season nor will The Mob Doctor.
    Ben and Kate might last the season.
    The Following will last the season
    The Goodwin Games is a toss up.

Be interesting to see how much I get right.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    I'm not shocked about The Finder.

I watched the Bones episode (which was the pilot in bad disguise), and the first episode of the series. Kinda hated it. The characters were clunky and one-note. And I hated when the main character would find things without any connection or explanation to the audience at all. Ipretty much gave up on the show...

... until...

A few weeks later, I was desperate for something to watch (I work midnights, and come home at 7 a.m. to watch TV before going to bed), and had caught up on everything On Demand. I saw a few episodes of The Finder were available, and figured it would be good enough to decompress.

I was shocked at how much better the show was after the two "first" episodes. I'm not going to say it was great, but it was infinitly more watchable. I ended up watching it On Demand regularly.

Then I heard they moved it to Fridays and knew it was a goner. Oh well. I won't really miss the show, but I'll give it this - it got better.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ABC's Cougar Town has been renewed for a 15-episode 4th season, but will move to TBS.

TV By The Numbers

DirecTV has ordered it's first original scripted series. Rogue is a 10-episode suspense-drama starring Thandie Newton as a morally and emotionally conflicted cop who is tormented by the possibility that her own actions contributed to her son’s death. Grace’s search for the truth is further complicated by her forbidden relationship with the crime boss who may have played a hand in the crime. It will air in summer 2013.

Deadline

AMC has renewed The Talking Dead and Comic Book Men for second seasons.

The Hollywood Reporter

Lifetime renewed The Client List for a second season.

Zap2It
  • Options
    I knew they would can The Finder but really they should have giving it at least another short season but this time actually pair it with Bones for more than one ep.

It's weird that Touch is getting renewed. No one I know even knows of the show and I don't really see much talk of it online.

It's Messy wont last the season nor will The Mob Doctor.
    Ben and Kate might last the season.
    The Following will last the season
    The Goodwin Games is a toss up.

Be interesting to see how much I get right.
    I betcha It's Messy gets the same promotional buzz New Girl got. I can see it lasting a full season, if given the chance. Fox has got to find a way to keep the new shows from getting knocked outta of the homefield when the baseball playoffs come around. New Girl suffered for that.

I don't know anybody that is watching Touch either. I can't stand the promos Fox uses on all the Hulu commericals, they give away the whole story for the ep., why would I watch now? I have no desire to watch that show.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    CBS announces new series.

The Job is a reality show created by Mark Burnett that features five contestants, narrowed down from thousands of applicants across the country, who compete for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to land their dream job at one of America’s most prestigious companies. It's hosted by Lisa Ling.

Partners is a multi-camera comedy about 2 lifelong friends who are also business partners. It stars David Krumholtz, Michael Urie, Sophia Bush and Brandon Routh.

Friend Me is a multi-camera comedy about twenty-something best friends who move from their hometown of Bloomington, Indiana to Los Angeles to begin their exciting new lives working at Groupon. It stars Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicholas Braun.

Elementary is a modern take on Sherlock Holmes that sees the detective relocated from England to New York. It stars Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui.

Vegas is a crime-drama set in the 1960s and follows Ralph Lamb, a former rodeo cowboy who became the sheriff of Las Vegas. It stars Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis and Carrie Anne-Moss.

Made In Jersey is a drama about a working class woman who uses her street smarts to compete with her more polished colleagues at a Manhattan law firm. It stars Janet Montgomery and Kyle MacLachlan.

Golden Boy is a crime-drama that tracks a cop’s meteoric rise from officer to detective to Police Commissioner. It stars Theo James and Chi McBride.

RENEWALS (most of these shows were previously renewed in March)
    2 Broke Girls
    48 Hours Mystery
    60 Minutes
    The Amazing Race
    The Big Bang Theory
    Blue Bloods
    Criminal Minds
    CSI
    The Good Wife
    Hawaii Five-0
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Mentalist
    Mike & Molly
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    Person of Interest
    Survivor
    Undercover Boss
    Two and a Half Men
    CSI: NY

CANCELLATIONS
    A Gifted Man
    How to Be a Gentleman (previously canceled)
    CSI: Miami
    Unforgettable
    Rob
    NYC 22
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ABC announces it's new series.

Nashville is a family soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene that follows one star at her peak and one on the rise. It stars Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton.

The Neighbors is a single-camera comedy about a family who move into a beautiful, surprisingly affordable gated community in New Jersey only to discover that all the neighbors are literally from another planet. It stars Lenny Venito and Jamie Gertz.

Family Tools is a single-camera comedy about a man who is forced to put his dreams on hold in order to take over the family handyman business from his father. It stars Kyle Bornheimer and JK Simmons.

Red Widow is a drama about the widow of an assassinated criminal who is forced to adopt her husband’s role in a crime syndicate in order to protect her family. It stars Radha Mitchell.

Zero Hour is a drama that revolves around a bizarre twist of fate that pulls a man who's spent 20 years as the editor of a skeptics magazine into one of the most compelling conspiracies in human history. It stars Anthony Edwards and Michael Nyqvist.

666 Park Ave is a horror series about a young couple who manages one of the most historic apartment buildings in New York City and unwittingly experience supernatural occurrences that complicate and endanger the lives of everyone in the building. It stars Dave Annable, Rachael Taylor and Terry O'Quinn.

How to Live with Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life is a single-camera comedy about a recently divorced single mom who moves in with her eccentric parents. It stars Sarah Chalke, Brad Garrett and Elizabeth Perkins.

Last Resort is a thriller created by Shawn Ryan(The Shield) that revolves around the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who, after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles, wind up being hunted and escape to a NATO outpost where they declare themselves to be the world's smallest nuclear nation. It stars Andre Braugher and Scott Speedman.

Malibu Country is a multi-camera comedy about a woman who divorces her cheating husband and moves her family from Nashville to Malibu, where she attempts to reignite her singing career, while keeping herself and her kids from being corrupted by the Malibu lifestyle. It stars Reba McEntire and Lily Tomlin.

Mistresses is a soap about 4 women and their sometimes scandalous romantic lives. It stars Alyssa Milano and Rochelle Aytes.

RENEWALS
    Once Upon A Time
    Suburgatory
    Revenge
    Modern Family
    The Middle
    Grey's Anatomy
    Castle
    Dancing With The Stars
    Shark Tank
    The Bachelor
    America’s Funniest Home Videos
    Wife Swap
    Happy Endings
    Last Man Standing
    Scandal
    Private Practice
    Don’t Trust The B—- In Apt. 23
    Body Of Proof - 13 episodes

CANCELLATIONS
    GCB
    Missing
    Pan Am
    The River
    Charlie's Angels (previously canceled)
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (previously canceled)
    Man Up! (previously canceled)
    Work It (previously canceled)
  • Options
    @electric_mayhem

New Girl is 100% crap I don't know how it got a full season and cruse those that enjoy it. I gave it 3eps and laughed 2x. If Fox does promote It's Messy like they did new Girl I think you're right about it being picked up for the season and getting a 2nd.

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
    And Community is coming back for a forth! http://www.tv.com/news/nbc-renews-community-for-a-shortened-season-4-28630/
    Best TV news of the day!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The CW has greenlit 5 series.

Deadline

Arrow
    The Carrie Diaries
    Beauty and the Beast
    Cult
    First Cut

RENEWALS
    America's Next Top Model
    The Vampire Diaries
    Supernatural
    Nikita
    Hart of Dixie
    Gossip Girl

CANCELLATIONS
    Ringer
    The Secret Circle
    H8R (previously canceled)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    The CW has greenlit 5 series.

Deadline

Arrow
    The Carrie Diaries
    Beauty and the Beast
    Cult
    First Cut
    Rats.

When I saw "The Carrie Diaries" I was thinking Stephen King, not Sex in the City.