Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: General News and Discussion.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    ^Also, look at Friday's schedule for next season. CSI: NY, Made In Jersey and Blue Bloods. All 3 dramas are set in New York. She says it was a matter of looking at the schedule and seeing what worked best. I'm guessing they felt that NY theme worked best, so they chose NY over Miami.
    I get the feeling CSI NY is cheaper to make than CSI Miami is. Plus really NY is a much better show. Mainly cause it doesn't have Caruso.

I have to say, CSI: Miami felt more like science fiction than any of the other CSIs.

And was it me, or was that the most corrupt unit since Vic Mackey's Strike team?
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    ^Also, look at Friday's schedule for next season. CSI: NY, Made In Jersey and Blue Bloods. All 3 dramas are set in New York. She says it was a matter of looking at the schedule and seeing what worked best. I'm guessing they felt that NY theme worked best, so they chose NY over Miami.
    I get the feeling CSI NY is cheaper to make than CSI Miami is. Plus really NY is a much better show. Mainly cause it doesn't have Caruso.

I have to say, CSI: Miami felt more like science fiction than any of the other CSIs.

And was it me, or was that the most corrupt unit since Vic Mackey's Strike team?
    Bwa-ha-ha! They DID keep going back to that plot. I like the CSI shows simply for the formula. Miami was the one I could watch during the day because they didn't film EVERY DAMN SCENE AT NIGHT WITH A BLUE FILTER, and I renamed Horatio "Horatio Caine, Protector Of Women And Children".

I hate to say it, but NONE of next season's shows are doing anything for me...thank ghods for AMC, FX, HBO and other cable networks stepping up to the plate.

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    The CW's Fall schedule.

Deadline
    THE CW’s 2012-2013 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM 90210 (New Night)

9:00-10:00 PM GOSSIP GIRL (New Time)
    THE CARRIE DIARIES premieres January, 2013

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM HART OF DIXIE (New Night)

9:00-10:00 PM EMILY OWENS, M.D. (New Series)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM ARROW (New Series)

9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL (New Night)

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

9:00-10:00 PM BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (New Series)

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL (New Night)

9:00-10:00 PM NIKITA (New Time)
  • Options
    Even though The CW didn't order a pilot for the Deadman series, they say they haven't passed on it.

Deadline
    He also noted that its series adaptation of Deadman is not dead
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    It's Messy is a single-camera comedy starring Mindy Kaling as a doctor trying to navigate both her personal and professional lives.
    Now titled The Mindy Project
    here's what Grantland said about the ne name
    which is a better name for a show about a disorderly gynecologist than the originally announced It’s Messy
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

But at least Michael Chilkis can act.

• Options
    Supernatural was pull out of the graveyard? Damn, that means they're going to be around for more than one season.
  • Options

But at least Michael Chilkis can act.

Ohhhh snap, yo!
  • Options
    Trailer for BBC Worldwide's adaptation of Sinbad, premiering in July on Sky1.

Sinbad
  • Options
    How did your favorite shows perform this season? Full season rankings for all network shows, ranked by 18-49 demo ratings and total viewers.

Deadline
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Really disappointed about Awake. Recorded it all and just getting in to it (so I own at least partial responsibility for its ratings). Think it's pretty smartly done and it's got Fez in it!
  • Options
    Spartacus: War of the Damned is set to premiere in January 2013 and will be the series' final season.

The Hollywood Reporter

Spartacus is one of my favorite shows and while it sucks that it's ending, I applaud Starz! for having the balls to end their highest rated show while it's still fresh. Rather than dragging it out several more seasons to make more money, they're letting the producers tell the story they want to tell and then moving on to something else.

Starz! has Da Vinci's Demons, Marco Polo and Black Sails coming up and I'm really looking forward to them. I'm hoping they'll end up taking Spartacus' place.

• Options
    Mads Mikkelsen has been cast as Hannibal Lecter in NBC's upcoming series, Hannibal.

Deadline
  • Options
    NBC's reboot of The Munsters, created by Bryan Fuller and directed by Bryan Singer, has it's cast.

Jerry O’Connell as Herman

Mariana Klaveno as Lily

Eddie Izzard as Grandpa

Mason Cook as Eddie

Charity Wakefield as Marilyn

Deadline
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    NBC's reboot of The Munsters, created by Bryan Fuller and directed by Bryan Singer, has it's cast.
    So does NBC now stand for Next Being Cancelled?
  • Options
    So does NBC now stand for Next Being Cancelled?
    Maybe, maybe not. Bryan Fuller's shows never last long, but they are always inventive and entertaining. He created Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies and was a creative force behind the first season of Heroes. He's developing both The Munsters and Hannibal, so after a decade, I'm hoping he finally gets a successful series. Maybe even 2.
  • Options
    I can't see Munsters lasting beyond six episodes.

That being said, I'll definitely give the first few episodes a shot.
  • Options
    Reading the article, he seems like a cool cat.

• Options
    I will have to give the new Munsters show a chance. But I am sure NBC won't support it. They love to cancel shows I love. First Freaks and Geeks and then My Name is Earl.
  • Options
    This just in....Apparently Saved by the Bell was "Not a great show".
    tv.yahoo.com/news/-franklin---bash--star-mark-paul-gosselaar-on--saved-by-the-bell----it-s-not-a-great-show-.html ;))
    Even though Saved by the Bell helped kill Saturday morning cartoons,I still love the show so much. For years I would get home from work at like 4am. Then watch an hour of Mama's Family,then 2 hours of Saved by the Bell on TBS.

• Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    What throws me most about the new Munsters show (Mockingbird Lane) is that they are calling it "an hour long drama."

I'll admit, I thought turning Teen Wolf into a drama was a stretch, but with the whole Twilight influence, I could at least see it... sorta.

The Munsters? As an hour long drama? I can't even begin to wrap my head around that one.
  • Options
    I will have to give the new Munsters show a chance. But I am sure NBC won't support it. They love to cancel shows I love. First Freaks and Geeks and then My Name is Earl.
    Munsters has a few things going against it. 1)Bryan Fuller 2)Jerry O’Connell (I like him,he's a cool dude and isn't a bad actor but his shows don't really last very long) and 3)It's an hour long drama. With that said I will give it 3 eps unless is beyond bad.

My Name Is Earl was good and got four seasons and it was getting stale.
  • Options
    Munsters has a few things going against it. 1)Bryan Fuller 2)Jerry O’Connell (I like him,he's a cool dude and isn't a bad actor but his shows don't really last very long) and 3)It's an hour long drama. With that said I will give it 3 eps unless is beyond bad.

My Name Is Earl was good and got four seasons and it was getting stale.
    But NBC let it end on a major cliffhanger . Then after that episode was filmed decided to cancel it. For a show that got great ratings for NBC that is a pretty crappy thing to do.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

Even though Saved by the Bell helped kill Saturday morning cartoons,I still love the show so much. For years I would get home from work at like 4am. Then watch an hour of Mama's Family,then 2 hours of Saved by the Bell on TBS.

Yeah, I'm kinda the same way with Full House. I know the show is stupid yet there are times I just have to watch it.
  • Options
    Update on Mockingbird Lane, NBC's reboot of The Munsters. Apparently ABC refused to release Mariana Klaveno from her role in their Devious Maids pilot, which they passed on, but are hoping to sell to Lifetime. So NBC has cast Portia de Rossi in the role.

Deadline
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    The inner working of House Hunters exposed:
    shine.yahoo.com/at-home/8216-house-hunters-8217-fake-172000660.html

Sorry, but this kinda hits close to me. My Brother and his wife have spent the last few months searching for a house and have been watching a lot of this show for tips.
  • Options
    The inner working of House Hunters exposed:
    shine.yahoo.com/at-home/8216-house-hunters-8217-fake-172000660.html

Sorry, but this kinda hits close to me. My Brother and his wife have spent the last few months searching for a house and have been watching a lot of this show for tips.
    Being in construction and watching these shows on HGTV is a nightmare. I can't stand them and so I am not surprised to find this out. The way the producers/editors fake the drama is crazy.