Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Once Upon A Time

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    The wife and I love the show! Never miss it
    Hated Grimm (a watched two eps and bailed)
    But I'm buying this when it comes out on dvd
    I gave Grimm one episode with my girlfriend. We could barely make it past it.
  • Options
    EdChambersEdChambers Posts: 64
    I'm sorry to see so much displeasure with Once Upon a Time. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Any over-the-top acting is exactly what I expecting for the Fairy Tale Land side of things. I want the Evil Queen to be over-the-top because that is what I expect from that type of character based on the animated Disney versions I have enjoyed from my childhood. I am enjoying the story and look forward to see where they take it next season.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I have been enjoying both Grimm and Once Upon A Time. I wasn't expecting top notch acting but it's been fine for me when it comes to the acting. The only one that really bothers me is Henry. Regina is fine for who she is. There are times I downright hate her and sometimes I feel for her. I really miss the Huntsmen. I liked him as a character. I like the various characters for the most part. Red Riding Hood and Granny are cool. I like Jimini and Gepetto a lot. I love Grumpy and I love how he got his name. That was awesome. I like Snow White and I know her from other things as well. (she was in Big Love among other things)

Overall, both shows are entertaining to me. For Grimm, the guy who plays Monroe is really awesome.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Based on the previews before both Grimm and Once Uopn a Time started I would have picked Grimm all the way but...Grimm really executed poorly. Now that dude is aware of the fairy world EVERY case he has is related? Could he just deal with some regular cop shit? Once...definetely kept me more engaged.
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    I was sitting at home one night when there happened to be a marathon on and I was hooked. I enjoy the show.
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    I love the show. The acting isn't great, but the writing is more then enough to compensate. Mr. Gold is awesome though. I think he could even get an Emmy. I also like Prince Charming, think he is pretty good too. And Alan Dale is just the man for the few episodes he is in. But most importantly, it captures a LOST-esque feel, and that is of most importance to me.

On a side note on this thread. The attacks on the Real World were blasphemous. I love the Real World to an unhealthy degree. Who doesn't want to watch 20-somethings get trashed and be promiscuous?
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited June 2012
    . . . .Who doesn't want to watch 20-somethings get trashed and be promiscuous?
    raises hand

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

On a side note on this thread. The attacks on the Real World were blasphemous. I love the Real World to an unhealthy degree. Who doesn't want to watch 20-somethings get trashed and be promiscuous?
    I would rather be forcibly kicked in the balls repeatedly than watch any of the MTV "reality" shows. They are all a work, they give fame to people who deserve jail time, and refuse to give the writers of the shows credit so that they are able to get into the writer's union for benefits such as medical and dental coverage.

MTV makes Martin Goodman look benevolent.

• Options

I'm thinking people who are of the legal drinking age the US.

Those shows are a farce and is what's wrong with the younger folk today.
  • Options
    I am a fan of Once Upon A Time, it was a fun show my wife really enjoys. It was one of those shows that I had to watch when the mood struck ( Plus I couldn't get past the fact that Emma dressed more and more like a stripper by the end of the season, ex. the tight red jacket, mini skirt, and leather boots). I am more of a fan of Grimm. It was a show I could just pick up and watch anytime, especially once it started getting to the multiple angle buildup toward the end of the season.
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    edited June 2012
    @SolitaireRose and @Justin_TheBuck

Your reasons for hating the show are why I love it. I will never be that, but it is hilarious to watch.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Once Upon A Time adds 2 new characters for season 2. Jamie Chung has been cast as Mulan and Sarah Bolger as Sleeping Beauty.

The Hollywood Reporter

TV Line

Emilie de Ravin (Belle) and Meghan Ory (Red/Ruby) have been made series regulars.

Deadline
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I like me some regular eye candy 3:-O
  • Options
    Now if only they would get rid of Henry I will be happy!
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the second season to see what they do.
  • Options
    Season 2 preview.

http://youtu.be/4RWCOrJinL8

Season 1 title sequences and 3 from season 2.

http://youtu.be/osq8wpz5l2A
  • Options
    Looks awesome.
  • Options
    Show starts September 30th.
  • Options
    I really hope Henry dies this season.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    What can I say?
    I'm hooked.
  • Options
    @Justin_TheBuck, I doubt it but we can hope.
  • Options
    And trust me I will be hoping with a passion.
  • Options
    I have a bad feeling though that this kid is going to stay. It's a shame because if he was played by a stronger actor, I could get behind him. This kid is just so damn annoying.
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of the new season and WOW! It was freaking awesome. I cannot wait to see how this season progresses. This is going to be awesome.
  • Options
    They better progress with the death of Henry. It wasn't a strong opener for me but I still liked it and am looking forward to upcoming eps but I think maybe it's time they change the title to THE LIVE ACTION DISNEY SHOW.

What I really want to know who Whale is. The Doc who told Charming that he wasn't his prince.
  • Options
    I really wanted to know who Whale is as well. I have heard two theories. The first one is that he might be the Whale from Pinocchio. The other one is that he might be the Beast. I did like the introduction of Mulan and I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Hook. Also, the fact that a part of the fairy tale world is still around is quite intriguing to me. I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Episode 5, "The Doctor", will focus on Whale. The producers said his identity will be revealed this season, so we may find out in this episode.

I've read a theory about Whale being Victor Frankenstein. The clues they compiled are:

1. Victor Frankenstein is a scientist/doctor.

2. There's a OUAT Facebook game where you see Archie's notes on Whale. He writes "inflated sense of self, classic 'god complex,'" and that he "frames himself as victor in all conflicts," and "feels persecuted and misunderstood — paranoia?".

"Classic 'god complex" could refer to Frankenstein being a classic story about a man who plays God and creates life. "Frames himself as victor" could be a nod to the character's name.

3. ABC released a video of profiles for a Storybrooke dating service called Singlebrooke. In the video, Whale says "sparks will fly" and "he's good at making friends".

4. In the most season premiere, Whale is leading the town mob to kill Regina, much like Victor does in the Frankenstein movies.

5. The man who directed Frankenstein (1931) and Bride of Frankenstein was named James Whale.

We'll see.
  • Options
    Those are some amazing clues. I wonder then if we see this "storybook" character as Victor Frankenstein, I wonder if we'll see other kinds of "storybook" characters like that as well. Makes for very interesting possibilities.
  • Options
    danGPdanGP Posts: 65
    As a massive Fables fan is Once Upon a Time worth checking out? Apologies if this has already been answered earlier in the discussion but I'm wary of reading through in case theirs spoilers.
  • Options
    Well, as someone who hasn't read Fables, I would say yes, it is. I understand the overall premise of Fables enough to tell you that are enough differences between the two that you can watch this show and get a different experience and enjoy the show for it's own merits.