Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Once Upon A Time

Comments

• Options
    As neat as it would be for him to be Frankenstein;I think it would be way out of place. He was never a fairytale or kids story. Plus they already have Geppetto,Jimminy,Pinocchio and the Blue Fairy. Logic would say it's the whale from Pinocchio but the points that tazmaniak has given us are learning towards Frankenstein. If it is Frankenstein can his monster be far behind? One thing is for sure they need to get rid of Henry.

@danGP I'm a big FABLES fan and I can tell you that while there are similarities,OUAT is it's own thing and worth a watch.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733

As neat as it would be for him to be Frankenstein;I think it would be way out of place. He was never a fairytale or kids story.

Neither are Mulan or Lancelot. They're characters from classic legends.

When talking to Jefferson/Mad Hatter, Emma talks about how the Mad Hatter is from a story and isn't real. He's from Alice and Wonderland, a book she read as a kid. He retorts that stories are based on imagination and asks where she thinks imagination comes from. He says it has to come from somewhere.

So, if other worlds influence fairytales in the real world, it stands to reason they also influence legendary stories, as well as general works of fiction.

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    @tazmaniak Wait. I just saw the spoiler in your post and that person is going to be on the show this season? Cool. If that is true, and your argument is a good one, I wonder who else they could possibly bring into the show? This makes the possibilities endless.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

@tazmaniak Wait. I just saw the spoiler in your post and that person is going to be on the show this season? Cool. If that is true, and your argument is a good one, I wonder who else they could possibly bring into the show? This makes the possibilities endless.

We'll also see Guinevere. Not sure what other non-fairy tale characters will show up, but other new characters include The Giant (Jorge Garcia), Jack, Ariel, Aladdin and Jafar.

These are other new characters, but we don't know if they're fairy tale characters or original characters.

SPOILER: Quinn (Ben Hollingsworth): Quinn is a warlock who is shunned by his parents because of his magic.

Anita (Annabeth Gish): Anita is a charismatic and mysterious leader of a pack of humans who, like Red, turn out to be wolves.

They both debut in episode 7, a Ruby-centric episode. There's a mechanic named Billy who appeared in 3 episodes during season one. His fairytale counterpart will be revealed in this episode.
  • Options
    danGPdanGP Posts: 65

@danGP I'm a big FABLES fan and I can tell you that while there are similarities,OUAT is it's own thing and worth a watch.

Thanks. Looks like its box set ahoy.
  • Options
    Now while you are correct, @tazmaniak ,that Mulan and Mad Hatter aren't from fairytale or kids stories originally;they have been done by Disney and in that sense are "kids" stories. Frankenweenie is the closest thing to Frankenstein that Disney has done.

If they are going to pulling from non "kid" sources I think that's great. It opens up worlds of things that can do.
  • Options
    I am getting very jazzed to see these episodes.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Just caught the first ep of 2nd season. It's a nice one. I'm definitely hooked now.
  • Options
    After the last ep I wish Henry dead now more than ever. The CG for the ogre wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been and that really made me want to see more D&D type of creatures. I really like show but they need more Mr.Gold.

Hook is going to be a regular? Hmmmm,I wonder how they're going to play him.

Also does Emma look a shit ton of years old than Snow? There's only a years difference between them? When Emma (Morrison) was on House I would from time to time think her and Snow (Goodwin) looked a lot a like and now I don't.

PS
    I hope Henry get's splinters from those wood swords and dies from an infection.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I regret being so behind. I'm still in the first season.
  • Options
    I am finally caught up again on this show and it's so full of awesome. The backstory of Doctor Whale was AWESOME!
  • Options
    Finished up to the mid-season finale and this show is freaking awesome. I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    I just started watching season 2. I'm now five episodes into it and I gotta say the pacing and the story telling seems a bit off compared to season one. The overall story feels disjointed to me. Perhaps whatever issues I have will work themselves out by the time the finale rolls around. (BTW I have purposely abstained from reading previous comments in order to avoid reading spoilers).
  • Options
    The Once Upon a Time spinoff project, currently titled Once: Wonderland, has cast it's first 3 leads.

Sophie Lowe will portray Alice, Peter Gadiot will portray her love interest, Cyrus and Michael Socha will portray the Knave of Hearts.

The series is set in Wonderland before the curse and follows Alice and her two companions.

The short pilot presentation, which will film in April when Once Upon a Time wraps production for the season, will consist of 4 scenes written by the series' creators.

They have stated that if the show is picked up, they intend to approach it like American Horror Story. They will tell a complete story each season, with a beginning, middle and end.
  • Options
    That sounds awesome. I'm caught up with the show and wow! The way the stories are intersecting with each other is really quite awesome. I didn't see what happened to August happening but I liked it just the same. Is it me or did anyone else get the hint that Rumple's son was in Neverland and was a Lost Boy? I thought he made a mention about being confronting Hook in another land before coming to the real world. Also, it seems like he knows how to use a sword. Maybe against Pirates? Loving this show very much and it's very cool that it's getting a spin-off.
  • Options
    I have really been digging the new season. I like how they have brought in the Frozen characters. I also like that they brought in Will Scarlet from the spin-off show and they are doing some evil stuff with Rumpelstiltskin. I'm also intrigued by Regina and Henry's secret mission.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I am so frakkin behind on this. Mer and I just ran through season 2 and are about 5 episodes into season 3.

• Options
    It's some good stuff. I have always liked how they weave all of the plots together.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    We may come back to it on netflix but they lost us last year with Peter Pan and never land.
  • Options
    See, I liked that story. I liked the different take on Peter Pan and Neverland. I thought it was unique enough and kind of interesting.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

See, I liked that story. I liked the different take on Peter Pan and Neverland. I thought it was unique enough and kind of interesting.

I think it was mainly the scenery chewing. The actress that plays Regina doesn't seem capable of acting her way out of a wet paper bag. Henry went to the Anakin Skywalker school of acting. Pan desperately needs a twirlable mustache to go with that performance.
  • Options
    I guess it's not for everyone but I kind of like Regina. I like the conflict. I agree that Henry is the weakest link in the show but not horrible. Eh. I guess you can't please everyone but I think it's pretty great.
  • Options
    I'm just voting for more Little Red Riding Hood.
  • Options

I would support this motion.
    jaydee74 said:

I guess it's not for everyone but I kind of like Regina. I like the conflict. I agree that Henry is the weakest link in the show but not horrible. Eh. I guess you can't please everyone but I think it's pretty great.

Regina, to me, belongs on a daytime soap. Her delivery seems incredibly hamfisted.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    hauberk said:

I would support this motion.
    jaydee74 said:

Regina, to me, belongs on a daytime soap. Her delivery seems incredibly hamfisted.
    She has been to the Joey Tribiani school of smell the fart acting...
  • Options
    The only thing I know the actress from other than this was the tail-end of Spin City when it starred Charlie Sheen. None of the acting is award-worthy but I enjoy it. I do wish we got more Red Riding Hood as well. I also like Belle. Not to mention the women who played Mulan and Aurora.
  • Options
    I think that much of it has to be scripts and direction that are weak. So many of the actors in it have put in competent performances in the past but the deliveries are frequently cartoonish. Belle's transformation to barfly, for instance.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the latest episode. I've always liked the flashbacks but I especially liked delving into Emma's earliest background and her trust issues. The ending was very curious and I'm interested in seeing how Emma and the Ice Queen are connected. Also, it look like Mr. Gold's plans, whatever they are will be tested really soon by Belle.
  • Options
    The latest episode was pretty good. I enjoyed how the lives of these characters interact and intertwine with one another. I'm very intrigued with the next episode.