Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Once Upon A Time

1235»

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I love the episode "The Snow Queen". It's really bringing out some interesting things and I love how it adds certain details to what we have seen in the movies. For example, I love how we see in this episode, where the gloves that Elsa's father gave her from. I also love the idea that the Duke of Weselton had a history in trying to get power from Arendelle. I love how the Snow Queen isn't entirely evil just like Regina wasn't totally evil at the beginning. I'm curious to see where this all leads and the next episode is a 2 hour event so I'm excited for it.
  • Options
    "Smash the Mirror" was really good. I'm liking where the story is heading and it makes me curious to what the second half of the season is going to deal with.
  • Options
    I finally caught up with this show. I think I finally figured out why it's been slowly losing it's appeal to me. The whole "I had no other choice/someone was controlling me/I was protecting you" thing. It happens CONSTANTLY in this show. Every time someone's secret gets revealed it hurts those around them and those who get hurt just talk about how things would've been better if they'd just TOLD them. I can't help but agree.

Like with the mid-season finale. What Rumple did to Hook. When Rumpled is actively controlling your heart, you do as he wishes. But he isn't in control of everything you do and say at all times from the moment he has your heart on. He doesn't control what you say. They've established since the beginning how that magic works.

IDK, maybe I'm just jaded. They do similar things in comics time and time again. But this happens like two or three times a season. It's their go to. Despite new characters and plots, it all feels.... like we've covered this ground already.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the mid-season finale. I'm curious to see what happens when and if Rumple's plan is revealed and I so hope it is. One thing I'm wondering is that if you're sucked into the hat, are you lost forever or can you be saved? I'm just curious to know whether or not the fairies are lost forever. I don't know. I'm really enjoying this season but maybe it has to do with the fact that I have Frozen fever due to my daughter and having those characters on the show is interesting to me. I'll be curious to see how the mid-season finale ends this story and what will happen to the Frozen characters afterwards.
  • Options
    So I finally watched the mid-season finale of the show and it was really good. They ended the Frozen story in a very good way in my opinion while gearing up for the second half of the season. I'm not sure I love the way Ursula is done on the show but I like the actress who plays her. Cruella de Vil looks really good and in fact looks the best of the three villains. As for Maleficent, she basically looks like Angelina Jolle which isn't a bad thing. I'm curious to see how the three villains teaming up with Rumple works out.
  • Options
    Has anyone been watching the show this season? I've been enjoying this a lot.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    I'm still on season 3. It's a show I hope to someday watch in its entirety, but my queue is so backlogged with other programs (Classic Doctor Who, Daredevil, The Walking Dead, Orphan Black, GoT, etc... ), that I doubt I'll be getting to OUaT anytime soon.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying season 4 a lot. The first half deals mostly with the Frozen characters but the second half has to do with villains trying to get their happy ending and it's been very intriguing thus far and I'm curious to see how the season ends.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    I fell really behind on the series about midway through this season. But I think I'm done with it after I wrap up this season. It's just way too predictable for me these days.

Things happen, people have secrets, they keep secrets until things go wrong, secrets come out, things get worse, people mad at person for keeping secrets, big fight, set up new possible villain, defeat current villain, everyone on the road to trusting one another and getting along, new villain enters, things happen....repeat...

And it's not really like other shows don't have similar cycles...but this one is SO on the nose every season (again for me personally) that I just can't do it anymore. After FOUR SEASONS you kinda want to go, "Ummm, did you learn NOTHING from the SEVERAL other times keeping secrets bit you in the ass?"
  • Options
    I don't know. I'm enjoying it.