Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Once Upon A Time

jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
So I am a fan of the show and wanted to know if anyone else has been watching this and/or enjoying it as well.

Comments

• Options
    miscatonicmiscatonic Posts: 59
    edited March 2012
    I have been, caught all eps so far. it's had it's ups and downs but has maintained my interest so far. Red's Tale has been the best episode so far, IMHO.
  • Options
    Really digging it myself. It had a slow start but I would say after ep 4 the show started to branch out character wise and got good. It would seem that many people think this since the last ep had 8.69 million viewers. The big issue for me is the kid,I want the big bad wolf to eat him.

Mr.Gold/Rumble is my fav char on the show but I love how they write Grumpy and had a dwarf heavy ep.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I really didn't think that I was going to get into this but I really do like it. My wife and I have been watching it together, we're three episodes behind but we'll have that caught up this weekend.

Mr. Gold/Rumple is hands down my favorite character. I'm eager to see a throwdown between him and Regina.

I know this show has absolutely nothing to do with Fables but it has done a good job of having Fables added to my buy list for trades.
  • Options
    This is one of my favorite shows on right now. I really like how the writers are portraying some of the characters on the Fairy Tale Land side of things. Especially loved the treatment of Red Riding Hood. Some of the storylines on the Storybrooke side of things are not as interesting to me: I could really care less about the missing Katherine story. I much more interested in how the "stranger" will help make Emma believe.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    I enjoy the concept but the way it is executed is a little to formulaic and predictable for me. My wife watches it so I watch also but normally about a quarter of the way in and until the ending I can zone out and not miss anything. They painted themselves into a corner a bit and it seems like this will suffer from being very popular and drug out way too long to capitalize on that when it could have just been structured a bit different and gone on indefinitely without feeling like it is. I genuinely want to see how it turns out though so that says something for it, I just feel like I end up disinterested most of the time for the few cool moments in each episode. Some of the acting is horrendous and some of the digital matte painting and effects are just plain bad. I find that all more amusing than anything though.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    My wife and I caught the first 2 episodes on reruns and liked them. Right now I have the series in my netflix que and am waiting on it to become available.
  • Options
    I think the show is pretty interesting and I enjoy seeing these fairy tale characters in a different light. I love seeing Snow White's journey through the flashbacks and how unique it was. I also loved the Grumpy and the Dwarves episode and how he actually got his name. I love that it wasn't his original name which was very cool. Hands down, my favorite aspect of the backgrounds was Red Riding Hood. I got to say I didn't see that coming and I was very surprised and I very much enjoyed that. I also like Jiminy Cricket's and the Mirror on the Wall's backstory as well. Really digging this show and I'm very curious about the mysterious writer who shows up.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    My girlfriend and I have been watching this and really liking this. I have to agree with most others on here that Mr. Gold/Rumple is the best character on it. Grumpy is a lot of fun too.
  • Options
    GirlGeekGirlGeek Posts: 1
    I'm really looking forward to this show airing on British TV. I was just wondering this morning if there was an airdate. Will have to go google!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I have to catch up on episodes, but I love this show!
  • Options
    The mad hatter from tonite's episode is my favorite character to date.
  • Options
    I have to watch it. I usually watch this show through Hulu so I'll get to it this week.
  • Options
    It's on Hulu? hells yeah!
  • Options
    Loved how they did the Hatter but Gold is still my favorite character.
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    so is this actually any good? I watched the first 6 episodes of Grimm but wasn't sure if I'd like once upon a time.
  • Options
    You must have posted that without reading any of the others in this thread.

There's only one real way to find out if it's any good and thats for you to watch a few eps.
  • Options
    CaptainCarrotCaptainCarrot Posts: 69
    edited March 2012
    I'm really looking forward to this show airing on British TV. I was just wondering this morning if there was an airdate. Will have to go google!
    This weekend, Sunday April 1st at 8pm Channel 5
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Really enjoying the show, wife has lost interest so that's her "time to check facebook time" but she is interested in the overall story.

According to Jane Espenson the beauty and the beat episode had Buffy's scythe and hogwarts sorting hat in the background in Rumple's house. I didn't see the tweet until after I'd deleted it from my DVR.

Loved Amy Acker getting a guess spot, along with Emma Caufield.

I really enjoy trying to figure out what the episode will be about by watching the forest Title screen at the beginning of the episodes. They're all different.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    So we learned in this episode that all the characters didn't live in the same world, but in different worlds.I assumed the show was taking all the characters from fairytales and putting them in a shared world, but that's not the case.

This is interesting.So now I'm wondering if all the characters were taken to Storybrooke or just the ones from Regina's world/realm.Up until now, we've only seen characters in Storybrooke who were from Regina's world.Now we find out Wonderland and other places exist apart from Regina's world, and we haven't seen those characters in Storybrooke.We have seen The Mad Hatter and we can assume he was still in Wonderland when the spell was cast, but since he was a native of Regina's world, he could have been pulled away from Wonderland.I guess we'll see.

Did anyone notice there was a door with Oz symbols on it in the door room where The Mad Hatter took Regina?
  • Options
    One of the best things is I enjoy this show with my gf, who's never read Fables, so this is quite new for her.

And for me? I stopped thinking of Fables after the pilot/beginning of the second episode.
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    Really enjoying this. It's very well done. I can't wait to see what other characters they take on. Given the Disney connection, they don't have to shy away from being too close to those movies. (eg, Belle in her a blue outfit and dwarfs signing hi ho.)
  • Options
    There was also a scene where I think Snow White was humming "Whistle While You Work". I love the Disney references in this show.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    I just finished the Mad Hatter ep. It is funny how I mentioned before about the writers painting themselves into a corner... welp, looks like they solved that bit of a problem. A little cheesy and it definitely doesn't fit with how they portrayed the world so far but I guess they had no choice since it seems like they will want to drag this out for much longer now that it is popular.
  • Options
    I really like the Mad Hatter episode. I like how all the characters are not just black and white, good or bad. I feel like I can feel for each of the character one moment and dislike them the next. I like where this is going and I can't wait to see more.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I watched the first 2 episodes,enjoyed them. But decided to just wait on the DVD release to watch it . Any word yet on if it has been picked up for a second season? I figure with the good ratings it is getting it will surely get a second season,but you never know.
  • Options
    I have not heard but it looks from the way things are going, I could see a second season being in the works.
  • Options
    The Stable Boy
    Holy cow! NOW we know why Regina has such a hatred for Snow White! Wow! That was a pretty amazing backstory. I'm wondering if Regina learned magic from her mother or did she steal it from her. That was pretty interesting and I hope we learn how Regina gets her magic now. I liked how we see Emma losing faith for a bit only to finally realize who she could trust and who was playing her. The end of the show though? WOW! I cannot wait for the next episode.
  • Options
    I have said since the start of the show that Henry is the worst actor on the show but that title now goes to Young Snow.
  • Options
    Well, does she really count? She'll probably not show up again. Or maybe she will. I still say Henry is the worst.
  • Options
    With a performance that bad she does in fact count. I've seen better acting on "reality" shows.