Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Doctor WHO Thread (Please indicate potential spoilers when discussing current episodes.)

Comments

• Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    Here's the new official promo picture (note: I digitally removed the BBC logo, because I could and because I wanted to see more of the new T.A.R.D.I.S. interior.

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Capaldi looks like a standie.
  • Options
    Well, as excited as I am for the next season. I'm not looking forward to the "I don't know who the Dr. is" regeneration trope. Hopefully, they don't dwell.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    What if Peter Capaldi isn't playing the Doctor at all? What if he's actually the Master and Matt Smith's character never regenerated? It's kind of far-fetched, but holy-heck would they have pulled the wool over our eyes. There have been hints that Matt will reprise his role, and as I recall Capaldi is only under contract for 13 episodes.
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    A wedding ring?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Caliban said:

A wedding ring?

Hmmmm...
  • Options
    I've been mucking about in Photoshop again.

• Options
    and I'm still mucking.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

What if Peter Capaldi isn't playing the Doctor at all? What if he's actually the Master and Matt Smith's character never regenerated? It's kind of far-fetched, but holy-heck would they have pulled the wool over our eyes. There have been hints that Matt will reprise his role, and as I recall Capaldi is only under contract for 13 episodes.

No offense, but I sincerely hope not!
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

No offense, but I sincerely hope not!
    I hope not as well, but there is a part of me that wonders if there was a bigger reason why Moffat introduced that whole hologram thing in Smith's final story, with him wearing artificial clothes to enter that church. And he did step over to the control panel right before regenerating, so maybe the Smith exterior was another hologram, this time used by the Master?

I still think it's unlikely, as it would invalidate Smiths' entire farewell, and the vision of Amelia would make no sense.
  • Options
    I just had to downgrade my cable and we lost BBC America... My only hope now is that I'll get to work on the DVD/Blu-Ray release again, which I don't really do as much anymore, or wait 8 months for netflix.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

I just had to downgrade my cable and we lost BBC America... My only hope now is that I'll get to work on the DVD/Blu-Ray release again, which I don't really do as much anymore, or wait 8 months for netflix.

Isn't Doctor Who also available on HuluPlus & iTunes?
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    I'm wondering if Peter Capaldis Dr won't be used the way John Hurts Dr was used. Hurts Dr existed for one reason; to end the Time War. Perhaps Capaldis Dr is here for a single reason; To find Gallifray. Maby that's why Capaldi has only signed for a single season.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Has he definitely only signed on for one season though? I thought that was just speculation. I've read just as many stories that said he was signed on for three seasons, which seems to be the norm these days. None of these were official BBC stories, though, so I'm not sure anyone knows.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

• Options

I'm not paying for it on iTunes, it defeats the purpose of downgrading my cable. And Hulu gets it in the same timeframe as netflix unfortunately
  • Options
    new teaser (official)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbX4tNG_k3s

and a new mash-up by me

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited July 2014
    I'd watch this, especially if the tardis grew and transformed into a giant robot in order to fight Empress Siluria's ancient behemoths.

OMG, the whole show just like formed in my head. I love Japanese Dr. Who!
  • Options
    A teenage biker gang happens onto a group of cyber soldiers on an abandoned forest road and are attacked. The gang fights valiantly but is wiped out, save the leader Wakabayashi Daisuke, who, though mortally wounded, is able to escape to a cave. As he lay dying the cave speaks to him, claiming to be the spiritual essence of the solar system, the combined spiritual energies of all life on the 13 planets.

It chooses Daisuke to be its champion, giving him the ability to change into one of 13 different warriors, with the caveat that if that form dies he can never choose it again. They are the Father, the Fool, the Fighter, the Detective, the Scientist, the Clown, the Tactician, the Artist, the General, the Ninja, the Healer, the Engineer and a mysterious 13th form he must only use in the most dire of circumstances.

To aid him on his quest to protect the 13 planets he's given a special ship that allows him to travel instantaneously between planets named the TARDIS. It is shaped like a phone booth because it was the first thing Daisuke could think of when they allowed him to give it form. It also has the ability to grow and transform into the MegaTardistron, a robot warrior capable of defending against the largest monsters evil can through at it. The second season he learns of it's time traveling abilities when he is confronted with a foe hailing from the far future, the avatar of all the planets' evil known as the Master.

Seriously, I could go on.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    playdohsrepublic: Judging by his reaction, I think Peter Capaldi is reading your script.
    (FYI, in addition to biting his nail, he's also biting his tongue.)

• Options
    And of course, a new image = new fodder for me Photoshop.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

A teenage biker gang happens onto a group of cyber soldiers on an abandoned forest road and are attacked. The gang fights valiantly but is wiped out, save the leader Wakabayashi Daisuke, who, though mortally wounded, is able to escape to a cave. As he lay dying the cave speaks to him, claiming to be the spiritual essence of the solar system, the combined spiritual energies of all life on the 13 planets.

It chooses Daisuke to be its champion, giving him the ability to change into one of 13 different warriors, with the caveat that if that form dies he can never choose it again. They are the Father, the Fool, the Fighter, the Detective, the Scientist, the Clown, the Tactician, the Artist, the General, the Ninja, the Healer, the Engineer and a mysterious 13th form he must only use in the most dire of circumstances.

To aid him on his quest to protect the 13 planets he's given a special ship that allows him to travel instantaneously between planets named the TARDIS. It is shaped like a phone booth because it was the first thing Daisuke could think of when they allowed him to give it form. It also has the ability to grow and transform into the MegaTardistron, a robot warrior capable of defending against the largest monsters evil can through at it. The second season he learns of it's time traveling abilities when he is confronted with a foe hailing from the far future, the avatar of all the planets' evil known as the Master.

Seriously, I could go on.

I would watch the hell out of that.
  • Options
    THAT made me happy!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My latest creation:

And the T.A.R.D.I.S. goes…

Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

My latest creation:

And the T.A.R.D.I.S. goes…

Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga
    Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga

Great job..the Avengers line at the bottom is the best.