Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    to be fair I call it S.H.I.E.L.D. but that takes a long time to type
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    This series seems to be like David Hasselhoff's singing career:

You have people who see it for what it really is...and then, you have the Germans!

M
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    when Fitz eats a cheeseburger off the floor I may turn to the other side

does that make you Switzerland? Mr. pilot viewer?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

You have people who see it for what it really is...and then, you have the Germans!

M

Gehe kriechen eigene Arschloch ohne Seife!

B-)
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

B-)
    einige Male die Wahrheit tut weh wie eine Ananas Analsonde

M
  • Options
    Krescan said:

when Fitz eats a cheeseburger off the floor I may turn to the other side

does that make you Switzerland? Mr. pilot viewer?

More like Canada.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

B-)
    einige Male die Wahrheit tut weh wie eine Ananas Analsonde

M
    Well-played. sir!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    It's not a bad show. It hasn't knocked my socks off but it's just average.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Officer: That's a negative, sir. Your presence is not germane to the situation.
    Sheriff Buford T. Justice: The goddamn Germans ain't got shit to do with this!!!
  • Options
    OK.

If, for some insane reason you haven't watched the new Captain America trailer yet, go do so.

Now.

MAoS' season should be wrapping up when Cap2 premieres.

MAoS Season 1's job needs to be setting up the darkness within SHIELD that Cap will be rebelling against.

I can see the seeds already planted in the first four episodes, and now feel like it may be going somewhere after all.

Still doesn't forgive the weakness of the scripts or the blandness of the characters, but it does give me some hope.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    WetRats said:

OK.

If, for some insane reason you haven't watched the new Captain America trailer yet, go do so.

Now.

MAoS' season should be wrapping up when Cap2 premieres.

MAoS Season 1's job needs to be setting up the darkness within SHIELD that Cap will be rebelling against.

I can see the seeds already planted in the first four episodes, and now feel like it may be going somewhere after all.

Still doesn't forgive the weakness of the scripts or the blandness of the characters, but it does give me some hope.

Hm. Interesting. That may be reason enough for me to go back and give them another watch, you know, marathon style. Sometimes going back to back is helpful and you get a better flow of things. I'll keep hanging in there.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    A lead in to the next Cap film would be the obvious hat trick. I like the idea.
  • Options
    Matt said:
    Hmmm... Interesting.

Who saw that coming?

B-)
  • Options
    Finally watched "The Girl in the Flowered Dress".

Big improvement.

Big.

Watching through the filter of the Cap2 trailer helps, too.
  • Options
    BTW: Ruth Negga is the most beautiful actress to appear on the show yet.

Wow.
  • Options
    The_JPThe_JP Posts: 33
    edited October 2013
    Sorry, haven't gotten a chance to read all the comments ... I really wanted this show to be good, but each week I seem to care less.

I was talking to my friend and I said the turning point for me was when they were in the sub way investigating the murder of the red mask guy's moving the diamonds and they were all guessing what happened and the hacker girl (the worst character on the show) points out something ... then they look at her with a "how you know that" and she says she checked Instagram, eeehhh.

I just feel like the young cast is more to get a younger audience than to tell a good story. Where on arrow there is still young people but there is a balance of older people, which is some cases equals better acting.

Listen, I am a Marvel guy ... so it's hard for me to write this and I am still hoping there is some sort of turn around. But I don't look forward to watching Agents of Shield like l do Arrow. Maybe it's because I am a lost fan and the whole island thing seemed cool.

JP
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited November 2013
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I wonder if they have any plans to tie into the new Thor movie? Will the characters acknowledge the events? It'd be cool if the movie mentions SHIELD trying to accomplish some mission and then we see it on the show. I'm probably hoping for too much.

Well, I wasn't too far off.
  • Options
    i read just now that a couple of episodes from the next, the series will reference things that happen in Thor... and, yeah, WetRats, i only saw the Captain America trailer for the first time before Thor, and i do hope they set it up in the way you suggested. they'd be fools not to weave this in!
  • Options
    5 episodes in and i also can't help but compare it to Arrow. but i really don't think i should. see, it would be hard to do a show -- this show! -- in the shadow of the greater Marvel cinematic universe. you can't just have the A-list characters show up left and right because it would lessen the impact of the movies and set-up the series for eventual failure.

THIS show has to dig deeper into Marvel's well of characters and just flesh out enough of the universe. thing is, we've been spoiled by the Marvel movies and by having this show, i guess you can't help but expect but be wowed every single episode. just like the movies. that's just not going to happen. now that i think of it, i just hope they give this set of characters room to expand and grow, then introduce/cameo/reference some B-Z list characters OCCASIONALLY, if it helps the story. otherwise, it'd be hero or freak-of-the-week showcase each and every time.
  • Options
    rebis said:

Also talked about in this post at Nerdist.
  • Options
    And now a rumor about Captain America 2 having a crossover with the show from /Film.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    This is pretty unprecedented, isn't it? Has there ever been a current show on television tying into a new movie release?
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited November 2013
    Mr_Cosmic said:

This is pretty unprecedented, isn't it? Has there ever been a current show on television tying into a new movie release?

X-files did, but that was more of a direct continuation for obvious reasons. And Deep Space Nine dealt with minor consequences from Star Trek: First Contact, like the near destruction of the Defiant resulting in it needing repairs... It was like someone asked Worf what he did on his summer vacation. Also, more obliquely, the Spock episodes of TNG, Reunification parts I and II aired the week before Star Trek VI was released and he makes references to the events of that movie.

I'm not getting my hopes up too high for more than a heavy reference for SHIELD either. Like, "Wow, Washington DC is a mess, and look there was an artifact left behind that Centipede is after..." cue average episode.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    Having seen Thor TDW, without spoiling I can say there is a large creature left behind after the big battle, that needs taking care of. However I really think it would just be an episode dealing with a dark elf's discarded weapon falling into the wrong hands.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited November 2013
    Marathon said:

Having seen Thor TDW, without spoiling I can say there is a large creature left behind after the big battle, that needs taking care of. However I really think it would just be an episode dealing with a dark elf's discarded weapon falling into the wrong hands.

SO, YOU'RE SAYING THAT THE DARK ELVES LOSE! DAMN IT!
    ;)
  • Options
    Nothing worse than a loose elf.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

OPPS!
  • Options

Renfaire flashback!