Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    JDick said:

Really enjoying season 2 so far.
    It's too bad Oliver had more chemistry with Felicity, huntress, that cop from last year, and every other woman on the show compared to Laurel. Their scenes ring so hollow to me.

I can't look at Dinah (I refuse to call her the show's name for her) and not think "she's the blonde that wanted to sleep with the 'amazing in bed' French guy that led to her being taken along with Kim."

M
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Matt said:

JDick said:

It's too bad Oliver had more chemistry with Felicity, huntress, that cop from last year, and every other woman on the show compared to Laurel. Their scenes ring so hollow to me.

I can't look at Dinah (I refuse to call her the show's name for her) and not think "she's the blonde that wanted to sleep with the 'amazing in bed' French guy that led to her being taken along with Kim."

M
    Am I supposed to know what this means?
  • Options
    JDick said:

Matt said:

JDick said:

M
    Did you ever see the movie Taken?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

JDick said:

Matt said:

JDick said:

M

M
    I did and I know she is the daughter's friend but I don't remember it that much. Mostly only that monologue they kept showing in the trailers.
    Taken 2 was completely forgettable.
  • Options
    JDick said:

Matt said:

JDick said:

Matt said:

JDick said:

M

M
    I did and I know she is the daughter's friend but I don't remember it that much. Mostly only that monologue they kept showing in the trailers.
    Taken 2 was completely forgettable.
    I know its OT, but I enjoyed Taken 2. Was it a Nolan movie? No, but it served its purpose: non-stop action. It was cool how he was able to help Kim find him.

M
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    "It could be worse. You could be the black driver."
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Just watch eps 2 & 3. The wife and I are still liking the show. Loving all the DC references like Channel 52 and Metamorpho (Chemicals). Not liking the island flashbacks so much.
  • Options
    PhilyDPhilyD Posts: 6
    kgforce said:

Just watch eps 2 & 3. The wife and I are still liking the show. Loving all the DC references like Channel 52 and Metamorpho (Chemicals). Not liking the island flashbacks so much.

Im with you regarding the Island flashbacks. I would be interested in a season wrap up if they strung all of the island flash backs into 1 long stream. I get that they are triggered by whats happening in Starling City so maybe they would seem even dryer out of context.

The rest of the show is pretty good though.

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I like the channel 52 reference. Also, the lawyer's name was Tony Daniel. Kind of a near reference. I loved the ending though. Where this Black Canary comes from. Who trained her. Also, it looks like we know where Malcom got his training. I am really digging this new development.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I like the channel 52 reference. Also, the lawyer's name was Tony Daniel. Kind of a near reference. I loved the ending though. Where this Black Canary comes from. Who trained her. Also, it looks like we know where Malcom got his training. I am really digging this new development.

Actually, we do know, if only by inference. Malcom told Tommy that he got his training at Nanda Parbat. Deadman and Batman fans will remember that the League Of Assassins had their headquarters nearby.

• Options
    best show on Tv. period
  • Options
    so many references and plots.. like it is written by Clarmont and Levitz combined
  • Options

jaydee74 said:

Actually, we do know, if only by inference. Malcom told Tommy that he got his training at Nanda Parbat. Deadman and Batman fans will remember that the League Of Assassins had their headquarters nearby.

And, sure enough, the November 6 episode is titled... "League Of Assassins"!
  • Options
    Just started watching this, still on S1. It's not amazing but it's also not horrible. I love all the references to the comics so far despite there not being any actual superpowers.
  • Options
    Pretty sure the ship at the end of ep. 3 was called Amazo.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Just watched the first 3 episodes of the 2nd season in one session. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show sooo much.

Now excuse me while I take a cold shower.......
  • Options
    Another good episode last night! I didn't expect the Black Canary reveal... definitely a good twist. And another report on the TV about a particle accelerator (new origin for The Flash, obviously).
  • Options
    kgforce said:

Another good episode last night! I didn't expect the Black Canary reveal... definitely a good twist. And another report on the TV about a particle accelerator (new origin for The Flash, obviously).

Oh yeah...I wondered why they keep wedging those particle accelerator drops into the show. Forgot about the Flash stuff.

• Options
    I had seen the reveal coming -- but not until about thirty seconds before it was made.
  • Options

I had seen the reveal coming -- but not until about thirty seconds before it was made.

Yes! Well, my wife figured it out 30 seconds before, not me.
  • Options
    Let's show some love for ARROW - "League of Assassins". Still digging this show... packed full of DC Comic references.
  • Options
    I liked it. I was hoping the Canary would hang around for a few episodes longer, but I expect she'll be back.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited November 2013
    denofgeek.us/tv/arrow/231017/arrow-gets-a-domino-mask

Straight Up Comic Book Source Material! Recognize!

Give my man a beard and i am totally sold.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying this quite a bit. I'm very curious to how things are going to play out in a lot of the plots from the trial to what happened with Ollie and the boat as well as Ollie and Shado.
  • Options
    That Flash 'back door' pilot is no more -- the CW has decided to give him his own stand alone pilot.

denofgeek.us/tv/the-flash/230970/the-flash-tv-series-pilot-will-be-a-standalone-not-through-arrow
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Episode 7 'State vs Queen' -- my least favorite of the season, so far. The Count Vertigo character is a ham, and the whole Moira Queen stuff is a little too soap opera-ish for me.

The last few minutes of the episode had some good twists and reveals that redeemed it for me.
  • Options
    Yeah. The ending of the episode really pulled this back up for me. Count Vertigo's character is just okay for me. Nothing special. I am intrigued to see what comes next though after the ending.
  • Options
    Oh, I did finally snap to the fact that Moira's attorney is named 'Jean Loring'. As in Ray Palmer/Atom. Wonder if that will go anywhere.
  • Options
    I heard that too for the first time.
    kgforce said:

Oh, I did finally snap to the fact that Moira's attorney is named 'Jean Loring'. As in Ray Palmer/Atom. Wonder if that will go anywhere.

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    After a couple of decent eps (and at least slightly improved over last season in some respects), this last episode with the trial was just all around hilarious.