Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I really didn't think they were going to raise the stakes so soon. I thought Brother Blood would remain the big bad for the rest of the season and next season it would be Deathstroke. So I guess if something really bad happens they deal with the fallout the rest of the season and then time jump for season 3?

• Options

I thought Brother Blood would remain the big bad for the rest of the season....

Where IS Brother Blood? Did I miss something?

• Options
    Brother Blood was back tonight. He is the number two baddie. Actually didn't see the takeover happening even though my uverse summary nearly spoiled it. Slade is smart.

The plot with Thea raised an interesting question. Is Starling City the only place in the US where a 19 year-old can run a nightclub that serves alcohol?
  • Options

The plot with Thea raised an interesting question. Is Starling City the only place in the US where a 19 year-old can run a nightclub that serves alcohol?

I cant remember the quote but that was mentioned at the start of the season so i guess they are at least aware of it.

Good episode, although less seemed to happen than I was expecting.

One thing though, how bad was Katie Cassidy's acting in that last scene?!?!?
  • Options
    Oh yeah! It seemed she was so aware of where she should be walking. "Must remember. Left, right, left, right."
  • Options
    So Brother Blood came back. I figured he would be, but with Moira's bid for Mayor, isn't it kind of odd that we haven't seen him for awhile UNTIL now? Or am I just exacerbating the amount of episodes it's been since we've seen him?

Slade is an EPIC villain for this season. I was CONVINCED he'd tell Thea that Ollie was the Arrow, but didn't see him telling her about her paternity. It makes sense now.

I'm still waiting for someone to find out about Ollie (yeah, I know Slade told Laurel, but I don't think this is going to shake out).

Things are sucking most horribly for Lance. I can't believe Ollie didn't take his job into consideration. Lance is a valued insider for the team. Kinda dumb of Ollie not to limit his interaction with him.
  • Options
    Hey! Didn't that cop who chewed out and arrested Lance DIE during the Solomon Grundy episode? I thought he was dead? I guess he's not.
  • Options

Hey! Didn't that cop who chewed out and arrested Lance DIE during the Solomon Grundy episode? I thought he was dead? I guess he's not.

No that was Lance's partner who died. The other guy is his boss, different character/actor.
  • Options

No that was Lance's partner who died. The other guy is his boss, different character/actor.
    Okay. Thanks!
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited April 2014
    So apparently Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) will be Ravager in the Arrow-verse! So cool. Can't wait!

• Options
    Thought last night's episode was good but the inclusion of Flash characters made it feel a bit clunky to me. Probably would have worked better if they had decided to keep the other Flash episode in Arrow.
  • Options
    Arrow, oh how I love thee, let me count the ways...
  • Options

Thought last night's episode was good but the inclusion of Flash characters made it feel a bit clunky to me. Probably would have worked better if they had decided to keep the other >

I was trying to figure out who they were until they mentioned Barry.

• Options
    oh.... my... heavens...

I feel stabbed through the heart after watching this week's ep...
  • Options
    I shouldn't laugh at that! But shit is about to get real!
  • Options
    Just....wow. No going back for Slade now!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah. And what about Roy? He was drugged but he killed a cop. Is being drugged enough to give him a pass. I don't think so. Fugitive?

I don't know what kind of actress the woman who plays Thea but her character should be growing up quick. That's a lot to deal with on a massive level.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Oooohhhh, SNAP!! These last few episodes should be epic.
  • Options
    Does anyone else think that Slade opting to kill her with his sword rather than a gun was his way of "respecting" her for "possessing great courage"?
  • Options

Does anyone else think that Slade opting to kill her with his sword rather than a gun was his way of "respecting" her for "possessing great courage"?

Yeah, I read on EW.com that the writers really debated on how to kill her.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Last episode was good but a setup episode for the last 2 episodes. Because it really does feel like this last episode is hour 1 of a 3 hour finale. Spoilers for ep21.

Cool that Ollie knows that Laurel knows lol. They are definitely gonna need the Suicide Squad to back them up. I think that Felicity got the call that they have a cure so Roy will probably save The a. And Slade will lose his power as well I'm not sure if he'll die.

I have a feeling somehow Laurel will get the Sonic Scream.

• Options
    little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    :-O Just watched ep21 tonight and :-O I can't wait another week for this!!!!!
  • Options
    Does anyone stay in Starling City after this is done? "Yayy you saved the city. I'm moving and they can keep my house!"
  • Options
    NKQNKQ Posts: 24
    Laural needs to eat a hamburger. There will be no crime fighting when she's only 99 lbs. For the love of God, she'd snap in half if she falls off those stilettos.
  • Options
    So with "Arrow" and now "Canary" how do we evolve to the point where we get the "Green" and "Black" lead-ins for those names? Will there be more than one of BOTH Canary and Arrow and we now have to distinguish them? Or do we think that, in the "Arrow-verse" the names aren't going to be EXACTLY what they are in the comic universe?
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927

So with "Arrow" and now "Canary" how do we evolve to the point where we get the "Green" and "Black" lead-ins for those names? Will there be more than one of BOTH Canary and Arrow and we now have to distinguish them? Or do we think that, in the "Arrow-verse" the names aren't going to be EXACTLY what they are in the comic universe?

This makes me think about how, in Man of Steel, "Superman" wasn't said until later in the movie, and even played with about halfway through in the interrogation room.
  • Options
    HappenstanceHappenstance Posts: 113
    I thought this was a pretty good finale but I've got to admit, I think they are starting to get a bit close to the line from just teasing Oliver & Felicity to being cruel in their "will they, wont they" moments. It just feels like they are too invested in proving all the fans wrong about Laurel that we will get her shoved down our throats again next season as "the love of Ollie's life".
  • Options
    This was a strong finale. Answered some questions, set some people on a new path, and who will fill the power vacuum in Starling City.
  • Options
    Is it me or does Amanda Waller seem to come off more as a petulant teen-ager?