Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    Getting caught up on Community and Boardwalk Empire on disc. Streaming my way through Star Trek TOS. Back in Sept I went on a Wonder Years marathon. Love that show!
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol thought it was great
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Getting caught up on Community and Boardwalk Empire on disc. Streaming my way through Star Trek TOS. Back in Sept I went on a Wonder Years marathon. Love that show!

I rented Boardwalk Empire season 1 loved it so much . I went and bought it and got copies of the second season. Looks like when season 3 premires I will have to get HBO.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

I rented Boardwalk Empire season 1 loved it so much . I went and bought it and got copies of the second season. Looks like when season 3 premires I will have to get HBO.
    Yep. That show is the real deal. An HBO classic, I think, up there with The Wire, Deadwood, and The Sopranos. One of those things that makes us glad we pay the silly amount of money we do for cable (and HBO on top of it) as we tend to get more excited for the rare shows of that quality than we do for movies.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Yep. That show is the real deal. An HBO classic, I think, up there with The Wire, Deadwood, and The Sopranos. One of those things that makes us glad we pay the silly amount of money we do for cable (and HBO on top of it) as we tend to get more excited for the rare shows of that quality than we do for movies.
    Never saw teh Wire,but I would rank Boardwalk Empire way over Sopranos,Deadwood and OZ. Usually most HBO shows get over hyped in my mind. Then when I see them I don't understand what all the hype is about. Now I am somewhat biased cause I am a mega fan of Steve Buscemi and think he is the best actor of this generation.

As far as teh various movies airing on the premium channels. As part of the satellite package I get,I get all the Showtimes,The movie channel,Encores and Starz. And never really find anything to watch on any of them. Most of the movies on them I would watch ,by the time they hit the movie channels I have already bought or rented the dvds. Now last year or so we started getting Epix3 now known as Epix Drive In channel and it shows lots of stuff that isn't out on dvd yet. Plus they seem to do theme weeks . A few months back they were showing a different women in prison film every night at around 10pm. Really if it was up to me I would have dropped satellite back in 2008. And for the few tv shows I like just rented or bought the dvds.But since I don't pay the satellite bill it doesn't matter much to me.

• Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    edited April 2012
    just finished season 3 of Doctor Who, love this series, I'm now stuck between which Doctor I like more, 10 or 11.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Empire Records as of two minutes ago. "I'm still on the couch Joe!"
  • Options
    Classic mid 90's cinema!
  • Options
    I have never seen Empire Records. Might have to rent it one day.
  • Options
    Super-The movie where Rain Wilson from the Office dresses up as a superhero to fight crime. Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler and Ellen Paige are in it. Talk about disturbing, makes Kick Ass look like Mary Poppins
  • Options
    Super-The movie where Rain Wilson from the Office dresses up as a superhero to fight crime. Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler and Ellen Paige are in it. Talk about disturbing, makes Kick Ass look like Mary Poppins
    Amazing film. Had never heard of it then a few months back Profondo Cinema devoted an episode to it. Rented it and as soon as I finished watching it I hopped online and ordered myself a copy.

• Options
    Just finished Season 3 of Breaking Bad last night, as well as watched Classic Albums: Metallica, Rush, and Iron Maiden on Netflix
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I just started season 1 of Bored to Death on the dvds and on streaming my wife discovered her love for Fraggle Rock (she was really little when it was in syndication and way too young to remember it new, like 2 when it ended)
  • Options
    I just started season 1 of Bored to Death on the dvds and on streaming my wife discovered her love for Fraggle Rock (she was really little when it was in syndication and way too young to remember it new, like 2 when it ended)

I am loving the reruns of Fraggle Rock that the Hub is airing early in the mornings now. When it first aired years ago,I lived in an area that didnt have access to cable. And by the time we finally got cable no channel we got was airing Fraggle Rock. So I am now seeing them for the first time.
  • Options
    just finished season 3 of Doctor Who, love this series, I'm now stuck between which Doctor I like more, 10 or 11.
    I just finished Season 3 last night as well. I LOVED it. I think 'Blink' is in the running for the greatest single episode of science fiction television in the history of the medium. What an amazing piece of writing coupled with incredible visuals. And I desperately want to see more of Sally Sparrow.
    Netfilx is simultaneously the best and worst thing that's ever happened to me.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Watching lots of 60s Spider-Man lately. What an odd duck of a show. Definitely done on the cheap, but a lot of fun in spite of (or, often, because of) it.
  • Options
    Horrible Bosses. It was all right
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Just finished season 2 of Archer in Instant Queue. Need season 3!!! :)
  • Options
    Gonna try to finish up Life on Mars Season 1 tonight. I have had the last 3 dvds of it at my house for almost 2 weeks now.
  • Options
    80s G.I. Joe and Transformers are now streaming on Netflix. Watched the first part of The MASS Device during my dinner break tonight. Kinda scary how much of that I still remember line-for-line.
  • Options
    I just cranked through all 5 seasons of The Guild. Very funny stuff. Also, catching up on all the old Spider-man cartoons from Amazing Friends to the current stuff.
  • Options
    80s G.I. Joe and Transformers are now streaming on Netflix. Watched the first part of The MASS Device during my dinner break tonight. Kinda scary how much of that I still remember line-for-line.

I love that The Hub is showing the 80s Gi Joe and Transformer cartoons at night. I am amazed at how well both shows have held up. Saw a GI Joe episode the other night where Snake Eyes was dressed up like an early 80's Boy George.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Gonna try to finish up Life on Mars Season 1 tonight. I have had the last 3 dvds of it at my house for almost 2 weeks now.
    UK or USA version?
  • Options
    UK or USA version?

UK version,I tried watching the USA version and it didn't appeal to me at all. But so far the UK version is really good.
  • Options
    Knucklehead

This is a somewhat recent comedy from WWE Films that has Paul "The Big Show "Wight as it's main star. The Big show lives and works at an orphanage. And accidently burns down the kitchen. He is told he has to find a way to get all the money to get the repairs done. Well it turns out that a guy that is a MMA manager happens into the church and sees Big Show. So Big Show,a lady that works at the orphanage,and teh MMA manager go on a long drive down to New Orleans. And along the way Big show fights in a bunch of small league MMA fights. One of which is promoted by an 8 year old. Right before they get to New Orleans ,the Big Show enters an MMA fight and finds out he has to fight a bear. Now the film isn't a comedy classic,but it was worth a rental. Not to sure how well non-wrestling fans will like this. I want to say it is on the Netflix streaming service.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Finished up season 1 of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes today. Can't wait for season 2 to become available. It started a little slow with the (mostly) single-character episodes strung together from the web shorts, but it became a pretty terrific show once they got the band together.

I was disappointed to see that only The MASS Device and The Revenge of Cobra were available for GI Joe. I hope they get on to the rest of the series pronto!
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Doctor Who: Inferno (3rd Doctor: Jon Pertwee) - reminds of a classic Star Trek episode (Mirror, Mirror); possibly my favorite 3rd Doctor story although I haven't seen more than a handful of them
    That is a great one. I'm slowly working my way through all the classic episodes, and I can't wait to get to those first few seasons of the 3rd Doctor. They're so different from the rest of the series
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Since getting a Roku box last Christmas, I find myself mainly watching TV shows through Netflix. I'm going year by year through Saturday Night Live (I'm halfway through the second season, some guy named Bill Murray just joined the cast).

I was also working my way through all the Spider-Man cartoons, starting with the '60s version, but I seem to have drifted away from that. They do get awfully repetitive.

And since Turner Classic Movies has been showing the same films over and over for their TCM Underground series on late Friday nights, I've had to start using Netflix to create my own double features of b-movies.
  • Options
    UK or USA version?

UK version,I tried watching the USA version and it didn't appeal to me at all. But so far the UK version is really good.
    The US version was terrible, though I liked the main actor. BUT... the finale of the US series was RADICALLY different from the UK ending, and deserves some kudos just for the pure flat out ballsiness of the concept.
  • Options
    DryBonesDryBones Posts: 26
    Transformers Prime: So far much better than I expected.