Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Expansion on the episode:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-chloe-bennet-mother-787182

"Bell warned that Calvin has since been driven by one thought: "If I can find my daughter, if I can reunite my family; my wife will forgive me for what happened 26 years ago, and she will love me, and we’ll be a happy family.""
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    5000 characters in their highly hyped catalogue and Marvel goes with a second SHIELD spinoff? :-/
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Whoa.

Not quite the Daredevil hall fight, but Skye in the lab was a nice bit of badass fight choreography.
  • Options
    They threw The Bus under the bus!
  • Options
    So as soon as you become a precog you have to speak in "prophecy speak?"

"Men of metal will tear our cities apart!"

Who talks like that?
  • Options
    I expected Gonzales to screw over the Inhumans, not the other way around. I love being wrong.
  • Options
    So Fury showed up, made the big helicarrier rescue, then stomped off again without telling Gonzales and his committee to get stuffed?
  • Options
    BTW: I love Raina's black-on-black flowered outfit.

Great costume design.
  • Options
    Kyle MacLachlan was brilliant in this episode.

The bit with the table was excellent.

"Oooh. Sorry. That looked really old. Was that old?"
  • Options
    So who is gonna play the Koening sister?
  • Options
    I don't get why Fury having the Helicarrier was considered to be a "plot hole" by news outlets.

He said he got it "with the help of some old friends." Thats not exactly a hole.

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

I don't get why Fury having the Helicarrier was considered to be a "plot hole" by news outlets.

He said he got it "with the help of some old friends." Thats not exactly a hole.

I've seen complaints the Banner/Widow relationship was completely out of left field also.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

I've seen complaints the Banner/Widow relationship was completely out of left field also.

M
    Most relationships are.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M
    Most relationships are.
    Man, you beat me to the punch.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M
    Most relationships are.
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M
    Most relationships are.
    Unless, you have a plan!!

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M
    Most relationships are.
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M
    Most relationships are.
    Unless, you have a plan!!

M
    They aft gang aglay.
  • Options
    So...

Could Constable Bob from Justified be a lost Koenig brother?
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Really didn't see Skye's mom's going hardcore like that. I think the show learned not to let so much of the plot of the season not being revealed until the movie. The movie and show were connected this time but not so much you had to wait a whole season to know who Shield was up against. Shield vs. The Inhumans! (or least the B team Inhumans)
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    I fell asleep twice during this latest ep. The Flash/AOS 1-2 punch is working the wrong way. I almost wish the CW would schedule the Flash at the exact same time. My dilemma is I enjoy watching the Flash as soon as it airs - in case I'm spoiled at work the next day. Ah well.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    where is Black Bolt and Lockjaw and who exactly is Jiaying supposed to be?
  • Options
    Anybody else thinks it's about time to start calling Skye "Agent Johnson"?
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

where is Black Bolt and Lockjaw and who exactly is Jiaying supposed to be?

They're probably off in Attilan?

jiaying is leader of her own sect of Inhumans. Or did you mean what comic character is she? That, I have no clue.
  • Options
    All right.

Ready for Season 3!
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited May 2015
    WetRats said:

I've been looking for a Die Hard gif ever since I saw this. You can bet If she's ever killed off I'm finding the "we're gonna need some more FBI guys" gif.

As for season 3... I hope it's good. They kinda lost the thread the last half of the season. And that Ultron tie-in was worse than the Thor 2 tie in. "Here's some info Maria Hill" episode ends. Episode starts, "Irrelevant plot point to show about helicarrier" followed by "Man, Ultron was scarrrry, sure glad none of that mess made its way over here."

If that's what they're going to do, they are better off not even trying to shoehorn stuff like that in. It was such a non-issue for the overall storyline that it was kind of embarrassing to watch everyone discuss it. Raina gives a prophecy of doom, and the next episode it's all over, off screen and no one has been affected by any of it (least of all the Inhumans) except the resolution of minor plot points that were only introduced in the last 2-3 episodes anyway, and never seemed to fit with what else had been going on. Which is CRAZY, because all these people who work for Real SHIELD just found out Nick Fury is still alive. Are you kidding? No one is angry about this? No one suspects Coulson of being Fury's puppet? Nobody is upset that there WAS a major lie at the center of Coulson's directorship? Instead they are still butthurt about his alien ressurection?

And having not seen the movie yet, it's even more clearly awkward because they are trying to have it both ways, making it look connected and also not giving away any major spoilers. It just sounded dumb as they danced around all the major plot points.
  • Options

WetRats said:

I've been looking for a Die Hard gif ever since I saw this. You can bet If she's ever killed off I'm finding the "we're gonna need some more FBI guys" gif.

As for season 3... I hope it's good. They kinda lost the thread the last half of the season. And that Ultron tie-in was worse than the Thor 2 tie in. "Here's some info Maria Hill" episode ends. Episode starts, "Irrelevant plot point to show about helicarrier" followed by "Man, Ultron was scarrrry, sure glad none of that mess made its way over here."

If that's what they're going to do, they are better off not even trying to shoehorn stuff like that in. It was such a non-issue for the overall storyline that it was kind of embarrassing to watch everyone discuss it. Raina gives a prophecy of doom, and the next episode it's all over, off screen and no one has been affected by any of it (least of all the Inhumans) except the resolution of minor plot points that were only introduced in the last 2-3 episodes anyway, and never seemed to fit with what else had been going on. Which is CRAZY, because all these people who work for Real SHIELD just found out Nick Fury is still alive. Are you kidding? No one is angry about this? No one suspects Coulson of being Fury's puppet? Nobody is upset that there WAS a major lie at the center of Coulson's directorship? Instead they are still butthurt about his alien ressurection?

And having not seen the movie yet, it's even more clearly awkward because they are trying to have it both ways, making it look connected and also not giving away any major spoilers. It just sounded dumb as they danced around all the major plot points.
    I am sorry, you lost me when you said you haven't seen AoU.. I hope your schedule will allow for that viewing cuz the show and the movie tie in well.. And necessary for proper continuity, IMHO
  • Options
    David_D said:
    Like others, I'm glad.

Bobbi & Hunter are too good an addition to AoS, I want them to stay where they are.

I am curious what the pitch was, though...
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377

WetRats said:

I am sorry, you lost me when you said you haven't seen AoU.. I hope your schedule will allow for that viewing cuz the show and the movie tie in well.. And necessary for proper continuity, IMHO
    Ha, I really just haven't had the opportunity to go, it's been an unusually insane few weeks for me. I'm hoping this weekend.

It doesn't change how I feel about how poorly the tie-in was handled. It's a total sidebar to the rest of the show and is basically shrugged off. Its like a comic book that has a "Tie-In" banner on it only to have a single page at the beginning with a character saying, "whoa, look at that big explosion over there! Now back to my own adventure!" never to be referenced again.
  • Options
    "Woah, the sky is red! What's up with that?"

-shrugs-

"Oh well."
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Matt said:

M
    See, I think it came out of right field.