Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    That was the best wrestling promo ever. Really and truly. Seriously though, I do like the costume. Feels more superhero-y to me. I like that he's going by Green Arrow and we get Star City but I wonder how that all comes about. Should be an interesting season.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    JaxUr said:
    Not a definite thing, but all parties involved are definitely interested in doing it. I'm certainly for it; I think the actor playing Constantine had it down cold and I'd hate for the character to languish.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited July 2015
    For those unawares, THIS version of Mr. Terrific is gay. (They said it during the SDCC panel)

I'm not sure it really matters at all, but I do know a few people who rail against the race/sexuality/gender changing of an established character.

As for me? I don't really care. I don't see any way it would effect the attributes of Mr. Terrific that I expect to see on screen.

Make him smart as hell, moreso than Ray AND Felicity, humble (throw in a bit of cocky too if you want, he IS younger right?) and I'm good.

Question though, since Earth 2 plays a part in Flash (Jay Garrick and all) this season, does this mean THIS Mr. Terrific is from Earth 2 as well and Team Arrow just doesn't know? Or is he from "our" universe? Or is he from "our" universe AND he'll run into the Earth 2 version of himself at some point in one of the 3 interconnected DC TV shows?
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited July 2015
    BREAKING NEWS:

Arrow Season 4 Adds Jimmy Akingbola As Baron Blitzkrieg

"The CW has cast British actor Jimmy Akingbola as the villain Blitzkrieg in season four of Arrow, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Akingbola will appear as Oliver Queen’s adversary Baron Reiter in a recurring role, prominently featured in flashbacks. In the DC Comics universe, Blitzkrieg is the leader of the crime organization Shadowspire.

The news follows the casting of Neal McDonough as Damien Darhk, Alexander Calvert as Anarky, and Echo Kellum as Mister Terrific, all appearing Arrow’s fourth season.

Arrow Season 4 premieres Oct. 7 on The CW.
    "

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

BREAKING NEWS:

"The CW has cast British actor Jimmy Akingbola as the villain Blitzkrieg in season four of Arrow, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Akingbola will appear as Oliver Queen’s adversary Baron Reiter in a recurring role, prominently featured in flashbacks. In the DC Comics universe, Blitzkrieg is the leader of the crime organization Shadowspire.

The news follows the casting of Neal McDonough as Damien Darhk, Alexander Calvert as Anarky, and Echo Kellum as Mister Terrific, all appearing Arrow’s fourth season.

"

A black man... playing a Nazi... a Nazi?!? Really?
  • Options

BREAKING NEWS:

"

I guess we *do* live in post-racial America. ;)
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

Yeah... that had me scratching my head as well...
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Am I the only one who can't stand the flashbacks? They were fine for the first 3 or 4 episodes of season 1 but I couldn't careless of Oliver's illustrious life "on the island".
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited July 2015
    mphil said:

Am I the only one who can't stand the flashbacks? They were fine for the first 3 or 4 episodes of season 1 but I couldn't careless of Oliver's illustrious life "on the island".

Well not all the flashbacks are on the island and the first 3 or 4 episodes is when the flashbacks where not that good it wasn't until Slade entered the picture then they get really good and interesting. And you wouldn't have the same kind of reaction to Slade being the Big bad in season 2 if it wasn't for all that character development on the island.

And you get a lot of great character development for Sarah from the island and Shado was good to. And I have always loved how they mirror something that Ollie is dealing with on the island with something that is happening in Starling.

And you see how Ollie transforms from a spoiled rich kid to a cut throat killer in the flashbacks and in the present you see how he transforms from a cut throat into a hero. I have always loved that aspect about the show.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

mphil said:

Well not all the flashbacks are on the island and the first 3 or 4 episodes is when the flashbacks where not that good it wasn't until Slade entered the picture then they get really good and interesting. And you wouldn't have the same kind of reaction to Slade being the Big bad in season 2 if it wasn't for all that character development on the island.

And you get a lot of great character development for Sarah from the island and Shado was good to. And I have always loved how they mirror something that Ollie is dealing with on the island with something that is happening in Starling.

And you see how Ollie transforms from a spoiled rich kid to a cut throat killer in the flashbacks and in the present you see how he transforms from a cut throat into a hero. I have always loved that aspect about the show.
    I think the flashbacks work very well.

I have been impressed that, as the series has evolved, the writers have been able to to use them very differently each season, and haven't let them hamstring the forward progress of the story.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Mihawk said:

mphil said:

I have been impressed that, as the series has evolved, the writers have been able to to use them very differently each season, and haven't let them hamstring the forward progress of the story.
    What will be interesting is what they'll do after a season 5? Because the Flashbacks by then will have caught up to the beginning of season 1.

• Options
    Mihawk said:

WetRats said:

Mihawk said:

mphil said:

What will be interesting is what they'll do after a season 5? Because the Flashbacks by then will have caught up to the beginning of season 1.
    Drop 'em.

They'll have done their job at that point.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Mihawk said:

WetRats said:

Mihawk said:

mphil said:

Drop 'em.

They'll have done their job at that point.
    A lot of people's theories for a long time is there will be a 5 year time skip and the flashbacks will be those 5 years that way you can still have the Flash around. And it will allow Conner Ollie's son to grow up more.
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome. Amell did try pretty hard to save Constantine but at least he can continue on in the Arrow/Flash verse. And this means that they are bringing in a Supernatural element into this Verse which could be very interesting.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Season 4 Premiere Spoilers.

Really liked this episode thought it was better then any episode from least season. We know immediately who the villain is which is something that really hurt season 3. And the villain is a bad ass.

The supernatural stuff is cool and this will be the reason why Constantine will need to visit the newly named Star City.

The flashbacks will be good I don't think anyone called him going back to the island in Season 4. Many assumed he'd be in Coast City this whole season so a nice surprise. And cool Green Lantern reference.

People saying Ollie is softer that's kinda the point Green Arrow is a much lighter character then Batman and since Ollie is Green Arrow now instead of Dark Knight Arrow it makes since he becomes lighter.

The ending was great I go through my head who the name could be? I feel like it has to be one of these 4 - Dig, Felicity, Thea, Laurel.

And out of those 4 I immediately take out Laurel because there not going to build her up like they have to just kill her.

Felicity I feel is supposed to be the gut choice but I just think she's to integral to not only Arrow but to the verse so I take her down.

Thea is a maybe since she has died once maybe the pit wouldn't work on her again? Or maybe she just won't want it again because she's obviously dealing with anger issues. But the reason why I'd say no is because this is the CW and the love teenage angst.

But my gut is telling me it's Diggle I think will have scene right before he dies telling Ollie there brothers and to look after his family type conversation. He's always been a character who is almost always lost in the shuffle.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    The pending death is a great mystery. Really good start to the season.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Great seeing Matt Ryan as Constantine on Arrow. Ryan will guest-star in episode five, entitled “Haunted.”

I think we have Stephen Amell to thank for it since he publicly suggested it on Twitter back in May. This really furthers Arrow’s cred in the realm of comic book themed television.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Mihawk said:

WetRats said:

Mihawk said:

mphil said:

The creators have said that they hope that the last flashback will be Ollie getting picked up from the island, and would like that to be in the last episode of Arrow.

• Options
    If they go beyond season 5, they'll probably expand the flashback sequences to other characters and situations.
  • Options
    By the way -- I am SO happy that the character is now called Green Arrow. That was the only nitpick I'd had left for the show -- and now I'm no longer bothered that he was only referred to as 'the Arrow' in previous seasons. It's all character evolution; I can dig it.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to Constantine being on Arrow. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    It looks really cool. I hope they bring him back for more appearances.
  • Options
    I couldn't wait and watched the episode in a rough version. Just missing the effects a bit but it was really very good. Can't wait to see the final product.
  • Options
    So. I saw a review copy of the episode. I enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.