Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Just watched my first episode Alias On Netflix streaming - it's a show I never saw but my wife, before we were married, actually caught every episode. Hope it maintains the same level of high quality the pilot demonstrated.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Just watched my first episode Alias On Netflix streaming - it's a show I never saw but my wife, before we were married, actually caught every episode. Hope it maintains the same level of high quality the pilot demonstrated.

The first two or three seasons are spectacular. Season 4 and 5 were weaker, but still had some things going for them. IIRC, ABC spent some time in here playing hide the TV show by moving it all around on the schedule.
  • Options

The first two seasons are among my all time favorite seasons of TV. Season 3 goes in a direction the show never really recovers from, and season 4 has some of the worst episodes of the series. But the second half of s4 and s5 are enjoyable if never actually coming close to the peak of the run. Overall, if you like the first season it worth watching the whole show.
  • Options
    Excellent. I've seen it mentioned several times on these boards, and was surprised - not only that I had overlooked the show, but that my bride had been a fan. Looking forward to the journey.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The Clone Wars-Pretty good. Really improves the character of Anakin.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I want to live in a world where SW: Episodes I - III don't happen, but the Clone Wars Animated Series (both of them!) happen all the time.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    fredzilla said:

I want to live in a world where SW: Episodes I - III don't happen, but the Clone Wars Animated Series (both of them!) happen all the time.

I live it in that world only I've allowed a podrace and an epic lightsaber battle to cross realities. You kind of need a Darth maul top and bottom half for the cartoons
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    finished American Horror Story: Freak Show. So much for taking a break!
  • Options
    Just started Freaks and Geeks; that is a good show
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Just started Freaks and Geeks; that is a good show

Good isn't strong enough language.

• Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    Watched about 1 season of Longmire. I normally don't like police procedurals, but this has enough Western in it to make it way better than CSI/Law & Order [insert random city]
  • Options
    I enjoyed every season of Longmire and binged the final season that Netflix produced when A&E cancelled the series.
  • Options
    Making a Murderer. Being from Wisconsin I do remember aspects of this case.
  • Options
    Started Electric Boogaloo: The Wild Untold Story of Cannon Films. I had completely forgotten just how much impact Golan-Globus and Cannon had on the 80's.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

Started Electric Boogaloo: The Wild Untold Story of Cannon Films. I had completely forgotten just how much impact Golan-Globus and Cannon had on the 80's.

What is that on?
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

hauberk said:

What is that on?
    Netflix.
  • Options
    DAR said:

Wow, this is great. I don't even like these sort of reality murder shows. Only 6 episodes done, but that was one night... If you like this, check out the "Serial" podcast about Hae Min Lee murder.
    hauberk said:

So many garbage movies that I loved so much growing up. The parody, "Kung Fury," is a great trip back to all that 80s cheese.
  • Options
    zikaatlaw said:

DAR said:

Wow, this is great. I don't even like these sort of reality murder shows. Only 6 episodes done, but that was one night... If you like this, check out the "Serial" podcast about Hae Min Lee murder.
    hauberk said:

So many garbage movies that I loved so much growing up. The parody, "Kung Fury," is a great trip back to all that 80s cheese.

Thought the first season of Serial was great. I know the second season just came out. But the story their choosing about Bowie Bergdahl, the soldier accused of deserting his unit doesn't really interest me that much
  • Options
    ...,avengers Assemble: season 2.

Yeah, I'm suprised too
  • Options
    Watched John Dies at the End. I'll never get that time back.
  • Options
    zikaatlaw said:

DAR said:

hauberk said:

Watched Kung Fury last night. It was not what I expected. Were I paying for it, it would have been a Pants.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Making a Murderer - I can't remember the last time I was this pissed off.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I'm four episodes in and hooked. Crazy stuff!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    luke52 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

I'm four episodes in and hooked. Crazy stuff!
    Just wait.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    hauberk said:

Any one else give Continuum a spin? Two seasons currently available.

Time travel story - fugitives plus one cop get knocked 65 years into the past to 2012. Was the event orchestrated? Will events of 2012 change the future? Could Rachel Evans look any better in her super futuristic catsuit?

These questions and more on the next episode!

Decent show. Ended prematurely, but they wrapped everything up. First season was more of a procdural cop show w/scifi trappings, but from 2nd onwards it got more complex and interesting.

e
    L nny
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Finished NCIS and I'm now halfway through Battle Creek. Like Good Guys it was axed by its network too soon.

The missus started watching the Walking Dead. I put forth my best effort in getting over my issues with zombies and the imagery that goes with that genre. Got to episode five or six before I had to bow out. The wife is really digging it though.
  • Options
    So years back, my girlfriend at the time hit me into Revenge. I loved it. Then the season 3 mid season finale happened, and i just found it all ridiculous.

We broke up, which killed my interest further, and she later passed away. That destroyed any real Interest I had in completing the series. (4 seasons, so had just 1 and a half to go)

In the last few weeks, I gave it a shit again,... And it's mostly not bad. Mostly. So the question is... Am I a bad enough dude to finish revenge, without getting distracted by Telltale ipad games?
  • Options
    The Guest. A ridiculously entertaining thriller.