Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    Just binged Young Justice Season 2. There's a lot of rumor milling that Netflix is looking at its performance for a possible Season 3 pick up. Which, now, I need.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Full House was never a good show but the Netflix sequel Fuller House is terrible. My kids talked me into watching the first couple episodes and it made the first series look like Shakespeare.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Finished watching new show Love last night. Great show. Give it a go if you like kooky comedies.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Rewatching "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" tv show on dvd (!!). I am just about at the halfway point of season 4.
  • Options
    Just finished Jessica Jones and really loved it. Having David Tennant play Kilgrave was impeccable casting and a real treat for Doctor Who fans. Yet another impressive original series from Netflix.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Woo hoo... House of Cards is back!
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    It looks like a whole bunch of DC Animated stuff is on. Movies and tv shows.
  • Options
    Ex Machina on Amazon Prime...if you haven't seen this movie yet you need to.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

So great. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Mr_Cosmic said:

So great. Highly recommended.
    Agree 100%. It's haunting.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    hauberk said:

Started watching Twin Peaks. So far so good. Lots of curious background behavior. Also, the actor the plays Bobby has something about his appearance that makes me think of Dan Brereton's art.

I'm roughly halfway through Season 2. I'm going to finish it, but I'm not loving it. In fact, Kyle McLachlan and Madchen Amick (and Stilgar!) are all that I'm coming back for - mostly Madchen Amick.

I get that it's a send up of a soap opera, but dear gods, the acting is painful and the story transcends the absurd. It doesn't help that, Dune excepted, I'm not a Lynch fan.

• Options

America's Test Kitchen. Season 14.. Love this should..

I wish I could agree to this 100 times. There is something else coming from Netflix soon that I can't really talk about (I haven't even seen a press release for it yet) that is pretty amazing for people interested in food. I'm excited to talk about it when it finally drops.
    Cooked is amazing.
  • Options
    Batman-1989: Holds up pretty well. Definitely slower paced than what we get today from this genre. But that's okay. One thing I could never figure is when does the film take place? It always seemed like a mixture of modern day and the past like the 40's
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    DAR said:

One thing I could never figure is when does the film take place? It always seemed like a mixture of modern day and the past like the 40's

That was purposeful. It's meant to evoke its roots in noir and pulp fiction, while also being contemporary. It all adds to the chaos of the city, which is a mix of several architectural styles all mashed together. And it's the biggest carry-over to Batman: The Animated Series and was a big part of what made the cartoon work so well. It's similar enough to our world to feel familiar, while at the same time different enough that we can accept that different rules apply to that world, which helps the viewer with suspension of disbelief.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I've been watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I had forgotten how awesome that show is. I'm hoping that Babylon 5 is on Netflix too because I feel like watching that again as well.
  • Options
    Wife is hooked on The 100.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Just started this week. Not sure if I like it.
  • Options

Mr_Cosmic said:

Just started this week. Not sure if I like it.
    Wasn't for me either but I'm glad she likes it.
  • Options
    Better Call Saul Netflix for season 1 and then dvr'd a marathon of season 2. Took awhile to get going but ended up being pretty entertaining
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited May 2016
    Still need to finish Jessica Jones and start Daredevil season 2.

Work has been taking up a lot of my time so when I'm home, I let the wife pick. We just finished rewatching Dexter and started a second watch of Supernatural. I watch one to episodes a day of The Office with the daughter and Naruto with the boy.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    On my third rematch of The IT Crowd,,, still holds up.

Roy's réponse to anybody calling in for tech support is classic and on the money.
  • Options
    Somewhere around 2012 I began watching Star Trek from season one of TNG. I'm still working on it and I'm on the last season of Voyager. I know Enterprise is next but I feel like Voyager is the last of that era of Star Trek. It's taken me months and months to just get through the first five or six episodes...I guess I just don't want it to end.
  • Options
    "Chasing Tyson" is now on Netflix. If you're an occasional boxing fan, or just about any competitive sports, this is really worth your time.

One of the best 30 For 30 sports documentaries from ESPN that are popping up on Netflix.

In addition to being the only 4-time, undisputed, world heavyweight boxing champ, Mr. Holyfield is a class act as well. This was taken while we were working a gig at the local YMCA.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Somewhere around 2012 I began watching Star Trek from season one of TNG. I'm still working on it and I'm on the last season of Voyager. I know Enterprise is next but I feel like Voyager is the last of that era of Star Trek. It's taken me months and months to just get through the first five or six episodes...I guess I just don't want it to end.

Been doing the same thing, only out of order. And with TOS and TAS. All I have left are Enterprise, which is the only Star Trek show I've never seen any of, and DS9, which I disliked growing up, but I'm hoping it holds up better as an adult. I don't know which to watch next. I don't want to end on a sour note, so it's a matter of watching the one that will exceed my expectations last. Leaning toward ending with DS9, since I've heard the Enterprise finale was one of the worst episodes of Star Trek ever produced. But I want to wrap up before the new series takes flight.
  • Options

Mr_Cosmic said:

Been doing the same thing, only out of order. And with TOS and TAS. All I have left are Enterprise, which is the only Star Trek show I've never seen any of, and DS9, which I disliked growing up, but I'm hoping it holds up better as an adult. I don't know which to watch next. I don't want to end on a sour note, so it's a matter of watching the one that will exceed my expectations last. Leaning toward ending with DS9, since I've heard the Enterprise finale was one of the worst episodes of Star Trek ever produced. But I want to wrap up before the new series takes flight.
    Oddly, the last episode of Enterprise is the only one I've seen. I liked it for how it tied into a past series but maybe I would have disliked it if I'd been watching since episode one of Enterprise.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Are Blade, Moon Knight & Ghost Rider coming to Netflix?

http://www.comicbooked.com/blade-moon-knight-ghost-rider-netflix/

Or is this article one giant hoax?
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

Are Blade, Moon Knight & Ghost Rider coming to Netflix?

http://www.comicbooked.com/blade-moon-knight-ghost-rider-netflix/

MCU's version of the Midnight Sons? I knew it was going to happen. Don't look now the Darkhold can't be to far behind. Instead of Mordred it will be vampire/demon cult.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

Instead of Mordred it will be vampire/demon cult.

Nah, vampires are so yesterday. No, I think it will be R-rated, time-traveling zombies.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

mwhitt80 said:

Instead of Mordred it will be vampire/demon cult.

Nah, vampires are so yesterday. No, I think it will be R-rated, time-traveling zombies.
    The zombie thing is played out. People who haven't jumped off that boat are like teenage girls discovering twilight. For whatever reason werewolves (my favorite) never really caught on like vampires or zombies. Mummies could be ready for another comeback, but I doubt it.

Blackulas?