Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

"Marvel's Agent Carter" TV Show (SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options

I love the show but things look bleak. The show is third in its time slot for overall viewers and 4th in the 18-49 demo. With the low ratings and Haley possibly getting a part in a different series (assuming the show gets picked up), I cannot see why ABC would bother with a third season.

Especially since I think ABC has re-greenlit the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff.
    And the fact that, inside baseball here, the pilot she's filming is for ABC and she's in first position for it, which means that if its picked up she's obligated to do it over Agent Carter. I doubt ABC would do that if they had any intention of renewing the show.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I love Ken Marino.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I've been liking the show but I gotta say that two weeks in a row having back-to-back episodes is a lot.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    jaydee74 said:

I've been liking the show but I gotta say that two weeks in a row having back-to-back episodes is a lot.

Was this the original schedule? It seems like they are just burning thru episodes because of low ratings.
  • Options
    No, I don't think so. I believe the premiere had been slated to drop earlier but something happened that pushed it back.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

No, I don't think so. I believe the premiere had been slated to drop earlier but something happened that pushed it back.

The premiere got bumped back one week due to the State of The Union address.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    God I'm sick of the generic mysterious wiggly black sludge stuff in these shows.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    batlaw said:

God I'm sick of the generic mysterious wiggly black sludge stuff in these shows.

Especially in Blood & Oil.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Will we ever find out what that pin/key is for!?!
    How can this show be over?!?
    I don't have high hopes, but fingers crossed that Agent Carter can squeak out another season.
  • Options
    I'm going to be crushed if they cancel this show.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited March 2016
    Finally finished season 2 on Hulu. I really liked it. The play on Madame Masque was interesting; I'll be interested if that gets picked up elsewhere. Everyone got fleshed out a little more, and I'm ready for season 3 (the finale of the Peggy trilogy).
  • Options
    I'd like to see a third season and see it all wrapped up but I'm not going to be broken hearted over it. They need a bigger budget and some stronger writing and better ideas to really get me to care now. Otherwise Ive liked it. In glad they've done it. I'd be open to more, but I'm fine if they're done. Would've been nice to see some more flashbacks and or crossover w aos.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Finally finished season 2 on Hulu. I really liked it. The play on Madame Masque was interesting; I'll be interested if that gets picked up elsewhere. Everyone got fleshed out a little more, and I'm ready for season 3 (the finale of the Peggy trilogy).

Oh, nice catch. I thought this season was okay. I feel like some of the sub-plots felt very paint-by-numbers and again, I wasn't a huge fan of the fact that the show had to do four episodes in two weeks. I also didn't like the cliff-hanger. I kind of wished they could have done that to start season 3. Other than that, this was...okay.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    jaydee74 said:

mwhitt80 said:

Oh, nice catch. I thought this season was okay. I feel like some of the sub-plots felt very paint-by-numbers and again, I wasn't a huge fan of the fact that the show had to do four episodes in two weeks. I also didn't like the cliff-hanger. I kind of wished they could have done that to start season 3. Other than that, this was...okay.
    It would have been a lot smarter to start season 3 with the season 2 cliffhanger. I watched the show on Hulu after episode 2 (we got behind) so the double episodes didn't affect us we just watched an episode a night.

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I've read if Hayley's alternate show does get picked up, the scheduling will permit her tape both shows.

It's the only show on tv I watch (excluding the shows I sit through with my kids or to spend time with my wife.) This season I found it a little difficult to watch interrupted by the family. I'm really hoping season 3 is greenlit, but if not, it'll be one less commitment I have to worry about.

M
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Well, it looks like Carter died twice this week. Thanks to ABC, I no longer watch any network tv shows.

At least Netflix is still strong.

M
  • Options
    I liked the show. I did not enjoy season 2 as much as 1, but it was still good.

I cannot blame ABC. The numbers were just not there. Why so few people watched is a mystery to me.

On the positive, they got more out of the character then what probably anybody ever imagined.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Oh, I'm quite sad to hear about the cancellation, but at least the actress will continue to work. I quite enjoyed her performances and I hope that her and the other actors (especially Jarvis) will show up in flashback scenes or something. It kind of surprises me a bit though because I'd heard that audiences, especially women, were quite supportive of the show. When I went to Emerald City Comic Con last year, I couldn't believe how many cosplay Peggy Carters I saw walking around. What happened to that audience? What were they watching instead?
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited May 2016
    Bummer.
    I really enjoyed Agent Carter, probably more than any other Marvel series (ABC or Netflix). There is just something about Haley Attwell worked really, really well.
    Season two wasn't as fantastic as season one, but I was surprised we even got that.

Can someone clarify if Most Wanted is toast too? (although I don't have high hopes for that one).
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Hex said:

Bummer.
    I really enjoyed Agent Carter, probably more than any other Marvel series (ABC or Netflix). There is just something about Haley Attwell worked really, really well.
    Season two wasn't as fantastic as season one, but I was surprised we even got that.

Can someone clarify if Most Wanted is toast too? (although I don't have high hopes for that one).

Yeah, ABC is passing on Most Wanted.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377

Hex said:

Bummer.

Yeah, ABC is passing on Most Wanted.
    What a waste. It's the only reason that Bobbi and Hunter are gone, and they were among the better characters on the show. But any attempt to bring them back will just feel hamfisted.
  • Options
    I didn't see this as surprising. Agent Carter was good but I didn't think it was good enough to bring in the viewers. As for Most Wanted, I had a feeling that would never take which is a shame because I like Bobbi and Hunter and I don't see how they bring them back into the fold. At best, I could see them being used as an ace-in-the-hole plot device next season.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited May 2016
    They should take the pilot and and cut it into a two-hour season 4 AOS premiere. (intersperse the pilot into whatever plot AOS is running. They could always have those two story-lines intersect)
  • Options
    I would've liked to have seen them move forward in time and show an adventure with her in perhaps the 70s or something and involve the older stark as well. The show just needed a bigger budget and some better writing. Ah well. There's always the potential of more flashbacks in the movies or other shows. Not the biggest loss. I wouldve rather seen it continue than AoS though if given the choice. Cancel aos and give the $ to carter.