Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What's Great Right Now?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Secret Wars #9. Hickman sticks the landing.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I am loving...

The Black Hood-I am really enjoying this gritty masked hero series. Never read anything from the writer before. But gonna tryout some of his other stuff. If you like stuff like Green Hornet or The Shadow read this comic.

The Shield-Yeah I know it has suffered from delays,but only 2 issues in and I am hooked.

Archie-Mark Waid has managed to update this series while keeping the core ideals.

Jughead-Chip Zdarksky's revamping of Jughead is even better than Waid on Archie.

Now if they can just get Afterlife and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina back on track.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited February 2016
    dubbat138 said:

I am loving...

The Black Hood-I am really enjoying this gritty masked hero series. Never read anything from the writer before. But gonna tryout some of his other stuff. If you like stuff like Green Hornet or The Shadow read this comic.

The Shield-Yeah I know it has suffered from delays,but only 2 issues in and I am hooked.

Archie-Mark Waid has managed to update this series while keeping the core ideals.

Jughead-Chip Zdarksky's revamping of Jughead is even better than Waid on Archie.

Now if they can just get Afterlife and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina back on track.

Archie is great. Jughead is very good, but I don't get as excited for it as I do Archie.

Afterlife and Sabrina are starting back up in May.
  • Options

dubbat138 said:

I am loving...

Archie is great. Jughead is very good, but I don't get as excited for it as I do Archie.

Afterlife and Sabrina are starting back up in May.
    Ha, I just added all those titles yesterday (except Afterlife, which I might get in trade) to my pull list. And considering how resistant I am to adding new floppies to my collection, it speaks to how much I really enjoy all the new Archie series. Glad to see I'm not the only one really digging on them.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the new Ultimates book. It surprised me. Very high concept. Great writing and artwork. Black Panther leading the way.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Read and enjoyed Dark Knight III #03 today. Do wish I had waited for the trade on this series. But Miller has me again.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited February 2016
    @dubbat138 - I agree. Dark Knight III has been excellent thus far. An early contender for "Best Limited Series" on the 2016 CGS Awards Show. :-)

Saw your blog review of it. Surprised you didn't like the Green Lantern story. Thought the twist ending to it was great.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    SuperZero from Aftershock comics (Palmiotti). Young girl is convinced she can get superpowers and save the universe, and attempts to do so by any means necessary (hires a homeless guy to kill her parents, tries to get bitten by radioactive bug, attempts to sell her soul for magic powers, etc.). It never ends well for her.

Holy crap I'm loving this book...
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    "The good news is you are about to be an astronaut."

Papergirls, from Chiang and Vaughan. Read #5 today. It's been excellent, and I was happily surprised to find that it is not a miniseries (I was expecting 5 to be the last issue, not sure why). I know it will be a few months until we get the start of the next arc, but it is worth the wait.

• Options
    Paper Girls is the only book I'm reading now that I always read on the day I pick it up from the shop. Part of that is because I read a lot of my favorite series in trade. But I love the design of Paper Girls, so I get it in single issues to get the full effect.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I have to agree with @David_D and @nweathington Paper Girls Has been just sublime. BKV is has struck gold again.

Bloodshot Reborn has been great so far under Jeff Lemire. This latest issue of The Analog Man arc was great. Valiant is so good right now. Super hero books making DC and Marvel look mundane.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Was at my LCS today grabbing a couple of issues I overlooked in a DCBS order and browsed the The Infinity Entity #1 by Jim Starlin and Alan Davis. I am waiting on the trade for this, but the interior art is beautiful - as expected. Anyone reading this yet?
  • Options

Was at my LCS today grabbing a couple of issues I overlooked in a DCBS order and browsed the The Infinity Entity #1 by Jim Starlin and Alan Davis. I am waiting on the trade for this, but the interior art is beautiful - as expected. Anyone reading this yet?

I normally get anything Alan does, but I passed on this. Not because of the art, but because I haven't read any of the Thanos books that preceded this, and don't really have any interest in doing so. It'll be something I might pick up if I find it heavily discounted down the road just so I can look at the art.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

I normally get anything Alan does, but I passed on this. Not because of the art, but because I haven't read any of the Thanos books that preceded this, and don't really have any interest in doing so. It'll be something I might pick up if I find it heavily discounted down the road just so I can look at the art.
    I've picked up the last two Thanos OGN's and been very pleased with them, which is one of the reasons I'm trade-waiting. However, the art looks so excellent, I was hoping for a review from someone who was getting it in floppies, like maybe @Mr_Cosmic perhaps?