Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited April 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

It's 12:20am on April 12, and im waiting on wife to give birth to my little boy.

Right now im trying to lay on an uncomfortable chair, and she is out cold from a hospital dose of pain/sleep medicine

Hospital chairs are the worst. You think they'd be ergonomical to encourage good health, but nooooooo.

I remember with my first child waking up in one of those chairs at six in the morning as they came in to take my wife to the birthing room (we had to induce). The old Filmation Aquaman cartoon was on TV, and I was so out of it from poor sleep, all I could say was, “Aww, I haven't seen this one before.”

Best of luck to you and your missus (and the little one)!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
  • Options
    Congrats, dude!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    mwhitt80 said:

As of 7:16 a.m. I am the proud papa of a little boy.

Yay! Congratulations! And thanks for sharing.

(And if that boy only knew how much cool fishing and funnybooks he has been born into ;) )
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Name it Matty Ice!
  • Options
    Awesome. Brothers take little sister to have her wisdom teeth removed and prank her into believing the Zombie Apocalypse has occurred on the way home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVWEefD5ag
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Congrats @mwhitt80 a new CGS geek has been born!!!
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the UFO? I feel like in the 80's and 90's there was a flood of sightings. Now you never hear about them unless it's an obvious hoax. I'm not a believer that this world has been visited by extraterrestrials, but I think it's weird that as the access to quality cameras and the means to distribute content has increased dramatically, the number of sightings has dwindled to almost nothing, certainly not the levels of the X-files heyday. Is it just that we can zoom in on every blurry dot in the sky and confirm it is, in fact, an airplane?
  • Options
    DAR said:

The People vs OJ Simpson had no right being as good as it was.

Just started watching it. Was surprised at how well done this is so far. Don't spoil it!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

DAR said:

The People vs OJ Simpson had no right being as good as it was.

Just started watching it. Was surprised at how well done this is so far. Don't spoil it!
    Dont worry, Wilson Fisk doesnt show up.
  • Options
    Wow, the Rams just traded a boatload of picks to Tennessee for the 1st pick in the draft:

• Options
    Titans made out like bandits...unless that QB the Rams pick ends up being the nex Aaron Rodgers.
  • Options
    @mwhitt80 I think the Twins and Braves are trying for that "worst-to-first" thing again.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

That definitely would've been a spoiler.

My only issue is some of the casting takes me out of it. On the one hand Travolta and Gooding do excellent jobs becoming their roles, but anytime Schwimmer is on the screen I think of 'Ross'.

Just one episode in, but I was impressed.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

Mr_Cosmic said:

My only issue is some of the casting takes me out of it. On the one hand Travolta and Gooding do excellent jobs becoming their roles, but anytime Schwimmer is on the screen I think of 'Ross'.

It's got to be better than realizing he's playing Kim Kardashian's father.
  • Options

Mr_Cosmic said:

It's got to be better than realizing he's playing Kim Kardashian's father.
    That happened more than once... also took me out of the show.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Torchsong said:

To be fair, Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham hardly need Alan Moore's name to help them sell books...

They apparently need SOMEONE's help to actually finish them though...

Marvel has cancelled the Silver Age from them and says it will re-solicit at a later date.

Two years time to prepare simply wasn't enough. Looks like another Sandman situation to me.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Mr_Cosmic said:

@mwhitt80 I think the Twins and Braves are trying for that "worst-to-first" thing again.

Next season baby! 0-9, and still on pace for 0-162. 2017, make your bets!
    It won't be as impressive though, one of the amazing things about that series was each League had only 2 playoff teams (also why the Braves were so amazing durning those early years of the division streak). You had to be really great to even make the playoffs.

Please watch the video to see how the Twins won, they were probably all on steroids and "greenies" too.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Torchsong said:

To be fair, Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham hardly need Alan Moore's name to help them sell books...

Marvel has cancelled the Silver Age from them and says it will re-solicit at a later date.

Two years time to prepare simply wasn't enough. Looks like another Sandman situation to me.
    DCBS sent me an email about that a few weeks ago. I was looking forward to reading that series
  • Options

Torchsong said:

Neil has a lot going on (novels to write, a new baby, etc.), and it’s obvious comics aren’t very high up the priority list for him these days. The Sandman delays were totally on Neil’s part, and I fully expected those delays to carry over to Miracleman, so I’m not surprised by the cancellation. I expect to see a resolicit in about six months or so.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I was typing 'comics beat' into a browser and had a typo.

On the plus side, I now know where to reference a List of Fictional Bears if I ever need to.
  • Options

Torchsong said:

Neil has a lot going on (novels to write, a new baby, etc.), and it’s obvious comics aren’t very high up the priority list for him these days. The Sandman delays were totally on Neil’s part, and I fully expected those delays to carry over to Miracleman, so I’m not surprised by the cancellation. I expect to see a resolicit in about six months or so.
    Well, Neil is certainly finding time for several other writing projects. Perhaps the pay is better.
  • Options

Torchsong said:

Well, Neil is certainly finding time for several other writing projects. Perhaps the pay is better.
    What?!? TV pays better than comics?!?! No way!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Next season baby! 0-9, and still on pace for 0-162. 2017, make your bets!
    It won't be as impressive though, one of the amazing things about that series was each League had only 2 playoff teams (also why the Braves were so amazing durning those early years of the division streak). You had to be really great to even make the playoffs.

Please watch the video to see how the Twins won, they were probably all on steroids and "greenies" too.
    Twins won with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mdizqUyPg

And..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0athNQ_xSSo

No drugs needed ;)
  • Options

Torchsong said:

Of course it does, but would Marvel be promoting books without a firm agreement/contract with the creators? I suppose it's possible. And it'd be pretty bad optics if Marvel got ugly about it.
  • Options

Torchsong said:

Of course it does, but would Marvel be promoting books without a firm agreement/contract with the creators? I suppose it's possible. And it'd be pretty bad optics if Marvel got ugly about it.
    Neil has all the leverage. They could cancel the series, and they could get someone else to write a new Marvelman series, but would anyone really care at this point?
  • Options
    @Mr_Cosmic I'm pretty sure it was the blatant cheating and ump payoffs ;)