Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    jaydee74 said:
    Ugh. I have never watched a full episode of Arrow. Love the Flash, and I like Legends of Tomorrow, but never got into Arrow. Now I am even less interested. As for the drama on the sofa, I hope everyone realizes that the act of observing changes that which is being observed. These girls CAN'T be this dramatic in real life.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @bralinator, I don't know them so I don't know how dramatic they can get. I believe they are in high school so there's that. From the video, I got that the girl with the Black Canary mask has been into the character since she was 10 and it's her all-time favorite character so maybe she was bummed out about this. I don't know. I have seen similar reactions to this from other react videos. Not as emotional but still, a tear or two is shed on the videos
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Nonetheless, when a camera is recording people, they change their behavior, whether slightly or severely, there is a measurable change. That's really my only point.

Oh, and that this clip does not inspire me to begin watching Arrow...

:)
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Oh dear God. Yeah, that video is heartbreaking alright.
  • Options
    I feel so bad for the girl with the Black Canary mask on. It's never easy seeing your favorite character die.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    Here's what I think, and I've had some fellow comic fans tell me they hate this idea, but whatever.

Katie is playing Black Siren on Earth 2. Supposedly shes a villain. Whatever. Either way, this is Dinah Laurel Lance of Earth 2. Dinah Laurel Lance of Earth 1 was the Black Canary and had a sonic scream provided by tech. DLL of Earth 2? Black Siren and has a metahuman scream (here's where I start just purely speculating).

Somehow, events happen where she changes her ways and ends up on Earth 1, forever (or chooses to stay). She takes up the Black Canary mantle, uses her Metahuman powers to fight crime, AND the difference between the two Lance doppelgangers? One went by her middle name, Laurel. This one? Prefers her first name, Dinah.

Then boom. Black Canary, Metahuman scream powers, secret identity Dinah Lance.

Doubt it, but it's what I want.
  • Options
    ...I like your logic @CageNarleigh. I hope that is what happens.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Well I've always thought since they brought up the Multiverse at some point they would do the Crisis. And make a world that has everything they wished they would have had in Arrow Season 1 if they knew they would bring powers into this world.

And if Supergirl moves to the CW? I think it will happen sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Well, considering we have seen a newspaper that shows the Flash disappearing in a crisis and it was ten years into the future, they do seem to be teasing it but I doubt it will be too soon.
  • Options
    S4 Ep21

I really liked this episode a lot. It was like old school Arrow with mainly just Oliver , Felicity, Diggle and without Olicity being shoved down our throats. When they do this kinda of stuff this show can still be really good and I don't hate Felicity.

The Bomb actually going off is interesting almost like at the end of Season 1 when the Earthquake machine actually went off.

And now Dahrk is more powerful then ever and I have loved Dahrk this whole season a much better villain then Ra's was last season and it will be interesting to see how they stop him.
  • Options
    I guess we'll find out. I hope they haven't made Dahrk too powerful to the point where no matter what they do to stop him, it's still believable.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Stephen Amell -
    I think Twitter largely is overblown. I'm not saying that these people aren't passionate and I'm not saying that their opinions shouldn't matter but I do think that their voices tend to be so loud that we think the crowd is much bigger than it actually is. I happen to think that it's much smaller. Most people still enjoy a show in the traditional way, which is to watch it... and not to tweet constantly throughout it."

When asked about Oliver and Felicity "For some reason, different people who are fans of the show have seemed to split up into different fractions. But again, I really do think that it's a few people with very loud voices. And I feel like if you are going on the attack for fictional characters, that you're probably not real fans of the show."
    I really like Stephen Amell and I wonder if this is just the political answer he has to give? Or if he really feels this way? But I'm sorry Stephen the simple truth is Arrow is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

I also understand Season 3 was basically destroyed by the WB when they squashed the Suicide Squad plans they had mid season and was the reason why the 2nd half of Season 3 felt like they didn't know where there headed.

Because the Suicide Squad was going to play a huge role and where going to be there for the Finale and the WB screwed them and they where flailing for a story.

But the biggest problem with Arrow isn't Olicity it's Felicity herself. And that's because she's basically become the main character of the show not Ollie and that's the biggest problem because the show is called ARROW NOT FELICITY.

I understand that they made that character popular but they've over reached with that character.

I really wish that a different person was the head writer. Someone who isn't overly attached to any of these characters who are just there to try and tell a good story.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

Stephen Amell -

But the biggest problem with Arrow isn't Olicity it's Felicity herself. And that's because she's basically become the main character of the show not Ollie and that's the biggest problem because the show is called ARROW NOT FELICITY.

I understand that they made that character popular but they've over reached with that character.
    And that they've made her an unstable, unpredictable, and overall pretty SELFISH person. That stuff with Olivers son capped it for me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Emily Bett (the actress) and loved the adorkable portrayal of Felicity at one point. But I'm not blind to the problems either. They've crapped pretty hard on the CHARACTER of her character. There's either going to be a death, or we're going to need a Felicity arc next season where shes taking a hard look a things for herself.

To be fair to Stephen though, there a Olicity fans that are DEATH THREAT LEVEL angry all the time.
  • Options
    NEWS: Ragman to Appear on Season 5 of Hit CW Show 'Arrow'!

In what I call "proof that, when it comes to Ragman, the forum won't post the news unless I do it myself" (teasing) I haven't seen this thread light up since before SDCC 2016. So....NEWS PEOPLE!

RAGMAN IS COMING TO THE CW! He will be portrayed by Joe Dinicol (evidently of note for his role on a show I've never heard of called 'Blindspot').

Thoughts?! Because, as the guy who runs the Ragman BLOG, you know I'm hyped!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Love him in Shadowpact, so I'm happy see him get the CW treatment.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    As I mentioned on FB, this just leads the way to Detective Chimp!
  • Options
    Man I just want Arrow to be as good as it was in S2.

S3 was good until after the 9th. And I think a large part why it wasn't good after that and why it felt like it had no direction is because the WB squashed there big Suicide Squad plans.

And S4 had good parts as well but they just haven't been able to sustain a good story throughout a season since S2.

I hope them going back to a less fantastical villain and really grounding it can bring it back. And if they would either just put Oliver and Felicity together without drama. Our what I would prefer just keeping them apart and just be friends.
  • Options
    Arrow S5, Ep 1,

I liked this episode a lot, better than any episode in S4 I thought. The tone feels a lot more like S1. Ollie is killing again, that scene echoing the scene from the pilot was cool.

This new Archer villain looked cool and he fits the tone more as villain for Green Arrow than Dahrk did.

I really liked there was no Olicity in this except for a tiny bit in the end. And hopefully they will just move on from that relationship and just let it be done.

And Felicity didn't take over the show this episode like they've been doing the last 2 seasons. Maybe they finally remembered the show is called Arrow not Felicity?

Interested in seeing these new characters and am interested in how they will pull Diggle back because it will happen eventually.
  • Options
    I liked this episode but I'm feeling a bit bored of arrow. The last season kind of put me off. I agree I want it to be more like season 2 again. I'll still watch it but this could be my last season if it doesn't find its feet again.
  • Options
    S5Ep02

Two episodes in and I gotta say it finally feels like Arrow is back. The flow of the episode was good.

I'm liking the new Team members, The Flashbacks are actually not terrible and irrelevant. Church is a pretty good crime boss villain. And Prometheus is already much more interesting the Dahrk.

I think Prometheus will be Tommy. We already seen that Barry's time travel did effect Arrow. So maybe it changed that Tommy died and that he forgave Ollie? Because he definitely has a personal grudge against Arrow.

• Options
    S05E02 'The Recruits'

Well it featured the first multimedia appearance of Ragman outside of the comic page so...how can I NOT tell you what I thought? After all, I am "The Ragman Guy", haha.

Ragman on 'Arrow', Season 5 Episode 2 'The Recruits': A Comprehensive Review!>

I can never tell which is better/more acceptable here posting a link, or just the text of the blog link so you don't have to bother opening another page. I WILL tell you that this post gives you a detailed list of differences between THIS incarnation and the Post-Crisis comics version. As well as his "new" roots in Judaic folklore/legend. So...to click or not to click?

• Options

S05E02 'The Recruits'

Well it featured the first multimedia appearance of Ragman outside of the comic page so...how can I NOT tell you what I thought? After all, I am "The Ragman Guy", haha.

I can never tell which is better/more acceptable here posting a link, or just the text of the blog link so you don't have to bother opening another page. I WILL tell you that this post gives you a detailed list of differences between THIS incarnation and the Post-Crisis comics version. As well as his "new" roots in Judaic folklore/legend. So...to click or not to click?

Really interesting read, thank you. I really liked the episode and especially ragman
  • Options

S05E02 'The Recruits'

Really interesting read, thank you. I really liked the episode and especially ragman
    Thanks! I really appreciate it! I've been reading all of the other Ragman post on the net since the episode aired. And everyone is either missing things, completely wrong about other things, or just ignoring other things. I figured I'd at least TRY and provide people with a comprehensive article taking everything into account. It's a lowly blogspot url so it's not going to pop into peoples google searches like comicbook.com or bleedingcool...but it's out there at least!
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    It's awesome Ragman actually exists on tv. What a time to be a fan. He seemed pretty cool and looked good except for when holding still or in closeups. His face / mask looked silly.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    That was a pretty solid Arrow last night. I haven't said that in a long time. I like the new team. I don't know if I want Diggle back if that's the plan. I guess that a hallucination of Deadshot?
  • Options
    batlaw said:

It's awesome Ragman actually exists on tv. What a time to be a fan. He seemed pretty cool and looked good except for when holding still or in closeups. His face / mask looked silly.

I think it's because they didn't contour it to his face well enough. Like bend it around his nose and have it follow and cling to his chin and neck a little better.
  • Options
    Another really good episode of Arrow. So far imo Arrow has been much better than The Flash. The writing this season is really good. The stories are flowing into the next. Ragman is awesome definitely my favorite new team member.

Mr Terrific was cool to see even though the T on his face looked hilariously bad lol. Seeing Deadshot was very surprising and than of course he was in Diggle's head. But maybe hopefully this will open things for his return? I mean they gave us Superman, giving us Deadshot seems like a small thing.

Felicity has been nowhere near as bad as she has been the last 2 seasons which I am very happy about. Felicity and Oliver just work better as friends.

And having the Arrow who will drop you off a roof is so good. I understand he probably won't kill by the end of the season but I still hope he's brutal.

So happy Arrow is good again.
  • Options
    Still good. 4 episodes in and it's a million times better than seasons 3 and 4.