Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

99¢/Discounted comiXology SALES!

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited February 2014
    If you haven't already seen this thread, take a minute and read through. You'll be glad you did. @John_Steed, it has been a pleasure even if it has only been through this forum. Thank you for making this thread that much better!

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Hickman's Fantastic Four is worth every penny.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Never heard of DiscountMags.com before today (click the picture for the link), so I don't know the reliability, but DC comic subscriptions are over 50% off ($13.99, normally $35.88). Not sure how long it will last. BTW-we don't need people bitching and moaning about how few DC books they're getting now. We get it. You're too cool for DC. Move along. ;)

**NOTE: these are for print subscriptions and not digital.

Books included in the sale:
    Batman & Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Scooby Doo, Where Are You?, Loony Tunes, Catwoman, Aquaman, Teen Titans, Green Arrow, Supergirl, GL Corps, Batgirl, & Nightwing

Also, I imagine since you're here, you're in to digital media. Disney is teaming up with iTunes with their new Disney Movies Anywhere campaign. Sign up for Disney (if you've redeemed any recent Disney digital movie codes you probably already have an account), link it to your iTunes account, agree to relinquish you and your offspring's (for the next four generations) souls to the Mouse, and voila! Free Incredibles digital film in your iTunes cloud. I imagine you can eventually cancel your Disney/iTunes link, but only after feline sacrifice or something.*

*the writer of this post in no way condoning animal sacrifice. If you can't get the sarcasm then maybe you shouldn't be on these here interwebs. :D
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I have used discount mags/tanga for the last few years on certain titles, totally worth it if you just want to read the stories. They ship them to you in a plastic bag, so they aren't going to CGC at 9.8, but they aren't in bad shape either. Looks like I'm going to renew some subs!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    image FREE Vikings #1 (A great show if you haven't had the chance to see it)
    Some highlights (IMHO) Six-Gun Gorilla #1-6 & Imagine Agents #1-4
  • Options
    Wolverine and the X-Men #1-29 (I've loved this series. Lots o'fun!)
    Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha and Omega #1-5
  • Options
    If you bought Thor: The Dark World on DVD/Blu-Ray, you should have noticed that you can get a free digital comic. Click on the picture above and go to the Marvel Digital Comics' website. Add Daredevil: Road Warrior to your cart and before you check out, enter the code DDROAD to get the comic for free. I don't believe this works at comiXology's website, but if you have your Marvel account linked with comiXology, it should show up there once you "purchase" it from Marvel.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Woke up to this in my email this morning. Ugh...

Dear Comics Reader,

In the course of a recent review and upgrade of our security infrastructure, we determined that an unauthorized individual accessed a database of ours that contained usernames, email addresses, and cryptographically protected passwords.

Payment account information is not stored on our servers.

Even though we store our passwords in protected form, as a precautionary measure we are requiring all users to change their passwords on the comiXology platform and recommend that you promptly change your password on any other website where you use the same or a similar password. You can reset your comiXology.com password here.

We have taken additional steps to strengthen our security procedures and systems, and we will continue to implement improvements on an ongoing basis.

Please note that we will never ask you for personal or account information in an e-mail, so exercise caution if you receive emails that ask for personal information or direct you to a site where you are asked to provide personal information.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact us by sending an email to support@comixology.com

Sincerely,

ComiXology

UPDATE: ComiXology has reset all of their customer's passwords. You won't be able to log in until you change your password via their website (there is no option to do this in the app). Once you elect to change your password, they will email you a link that will allow you to change it. It took me a little while to get the email and even once I changed it it took about 10 minutes before I could log back in. I assumed it was because of the traffic.

If you have downloaded books to your device, you should still be able to access them without resetting your password. However, if you want to make future purchases or DL a book you've already purchased, you will need to reset your password.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    What's the deal with this? I've read everyone received emails regarding a security breach. I didn't receive said email, should I be concerned???
  • Options
    I didn't receive the email either, but I changed password anyway.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I got the email later but I am not getting the email that let's me change my password.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

I got the email later but I am not getting the email that let's me change my password.

Same with me. I am guessing that traffic is backing them up and that is delaying the email.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ComiXology is down at the SXSW festival and they are sending out free codes for books via Facebook. Two Three have been released for today (Friday). You'll have to use the website instead of the app.

CODES END SATURDAY 3/8/14 @ 11:59pm EST . . . DON'T WAIT!!!

Code: SXNINJAGO

Code: SXINJUSTICE

Code: SXPONIES

Code: SXBATMAN

Code: SXARKHAM

Code: SXLOCKE

I'll post more when I see them. Feel free to post any that I miss.
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    Guys, you have no excuse now :)

The Action Lab SALE is going down at ComiXology right now!. Use the code actionlab at the checkout and get 20+ select books for $0.50 each! It's the perfect opportunity to hop on the ALE bandwagon and get some great comics!

Go to this link to see the books that are on sale! Remember to use the code actionlab when you checkout!

https://www.comixology.com/Action-Lab-First-Issue-Friday/list/1226
  • Options
    If you haven't grabbed these free SXSW books yet, you only have a couple of hours left. They've posted several more freebies on their Facebook page. I would post more but I'm not at a computer.

Also, some of these aren't just individual books but collections/full story arc.
  • Options
    The Marvel Unlimited service is running a SXSW promotional 1-month trial at .99 cents! You have to use the coupon code SXSW99 by 3/14 to take advantage of the offer.

marvel.com/comics/unlimited
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    I signed up for the 99 cents Marvel Unlimited promo and man... the reader sucks!!

Comixology's Guided View >>>>> Marvel's Smart Panels

I am using an iphone 5s... so maybe they just have a bad iphone app... maybe it's a better experience on the browser

definitely not going with Marvel Unlimited
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

I signed up for the 99 cents Marvel Unlimited promo and man... the reader sucks!!

Comixology's Guided View >>>>> Marvel's Smart Panels

I am using an iphone 5s... so maybe they just have a bad iphone app... maybe it's a better experience on the browser

definitely not going with Marvel Unlimited

I actually wrote them to complain about the complete lack of development of the landscape mode in their apps. (The ipad is the same, but its less of an issue). But the sheer selection is unbeatable. I read the first 20 issues of the Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-man and it's been awesome. Uncanny X-Force and a re-read of Brubaker's Cap is next.
  • Options
    Comixology's guided view is also better than Amazon's.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I got an e-mail today to get Vampire Diaries #1 and Arrow #1 for free. The address is readDCentertainment.com/redeem

The promo codes are VIGGLEVAMPIRE and VIGGLEARROW.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited March 2014
    Till 3/16 all 36 issues of Waid's Daredevil are bundled for $30! $30!
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Marvel Collections Sale
    Captain America: The Death of Captain America Vol. 1: Death of the Dream - $3.99 (normally $11) (get ready for the new Cap movie!)
    Captain America: Reborn - $3.99 (normally $11)
    Thor: Season One - $1.99 (normally $20) (90% discount!)
    Thor: The Mighty Avenger Vol. 1 - $1.99 (normally $7) (Roger Langridge & Chris Samnee!)
    Spider-Man: Spider-Island - $3.99 (normally $25) 14 comics for 4 bucks!
  • Options
    edited March 2014

FREE!

Edit: hardly worth it IMO. The story was all of six or so actual comic pages and just briefly introduced the character and her powers. The Guided View consists of panels that color changes from B&W to color to narrow your focus--you know 'cause it's so hard to read. It is meant as a tease for the full series.
  • Options
    Wholesome Family Fun in this weekend's sales!

imageimage
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    is this worth getting? i wish it included BPRD...

Celebrate 20 years of Hellboy!

Hellboy Day is March 22nd so we are celebrating with MegaBundle of epic proportions. Get every single digital Hellboy comic for only $50!

March 22 marks the twentieth anniversary of Mike Mignola’s career-defining release of Hellboy: Seed of Destruction #1. After the character’s somewhat humble beginnings in an eight-page feature in Dark Horse’s San Diego Comic-Con Comics special, Seed of Destruction would begin the long life of the beloved “beast of the apocalypse.”

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/4560.hellboy-day-megabundle/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Hellboy+Day&utm_content=Hellboy+Day+CID_ecc3ea7a5ea5abf5a2d89d440003e7eb&utm_source=Campaign Monitor
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

• Options
    how is the darkhorse reader?
    fredzilla said:

bamfbamf said: