Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

99¢/Discounted comiXology SALES!

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I don't think it's as good as Comixology, but if you have a regular iPad, larger Kindle Fire (refurbs are on sale for $150!), or larger tablet, I don't think that it is a big deal. I've collected HB trades since the first movie and they're usually the first thing I read in my shipment. 2200 pages for $50 is pretty good. I would probably purchase more DH books if they were linked to Comixology. I just want all of my books in one place.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    thanks!!!

i just tried the reader on my iphone 5

it's much better than Marvel Unlimited, but not as good as comixology... now i have to figure out if i wanna drop $50...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Quite possibly the greatest Spider-Man series to happen since... well, ever! It was what led to Slott's legendary run of ASM to SSM and so to be back to ASM! You can see where it all starts here!
    Amazing Spider-Man #546-647 (100 issues!)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Whoa.
    Is Amazon going to purchase comiXology?

Bleeding Cool has been hearing rumours from senior comic book industry figures, who expect a sale to go through for digital comic distributor ComiXology in three to six weeks.

ComiXology has an effective monopoly on the digital sale of many popular comics on a number of platforms, but a recent departure of many senior figures and a number of exclusive distribution contracts coming to an end have caused some to wonder what its next move would be.

The answer seems to have been to expand internationally with India, China and much of Europe and South America being especially receptive. While much of the revenue goes to the publisher and to Apple, it should be pointed out that ComiXology is repeatedly the No. 1 gross revenue app on iOS, especially on Wednesdays.

But who would buy such a company? Well, the second part of this rumour, which suddenly gets a lot hazier, is that the buyer could be Amazon. They already distribute comics digitally through the Kindle – directly and also via ComiXology. There has been some competitive ruckus between the two in the past, and this would smooth that over instantly. And this also might create an effective digital comic book monopoly.
    I don't want to be clickbait-y with this, but it would be an interesting turn in digital comics distribution. Sure it's speculation, but what do you think?
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    if it means i can get guided view for my kindle, I'm all for it.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Splurged on the 12 Green Arrow issues by Lemire/Sorrentino. I've heard good things about it. Read the first issue and quite liked it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Greg said:

if it means i can get guided view for my kindle, I'm all for it.

Technically you can... through the comiXology app.
    kgforce said:

Splurged on the 12 Green Arrow issues by Lemire/Sorrentino. I've heard good things about it. Read the first issue and quite liked it.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to jump on this. I got so many other things to read...
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    I also jumped on the 12 issues of the Lemire run. Right now, they sit in my cloud, tantalizing me. I'm going to keep them there in hopes of NOT reading them all in the next day and a half, try to do no more than an issue a week. (If I could resist and make this a monthly reading, that'd be even better!)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Marvel Collections Sale
    Captain America: The Death of Captain America Vol. 1: Death of the Dream - $3.99 (normally $11) (get ready for the new Cap movie!)
    Captain America: Reborn - $3.99 (normally $11)
    Thor: Season One - $1.99 (normally $20) (90% discount!)
    Thor: The Mighty Avenger Vol. 1 - $1.99 (normally $7) (Roger Langridge & Chris Samnee!)
    Spider-Man: Spider-Island - $3.99 (normally $25) 14 comics for 4 bucks!
  • Options
    edited March 2014

"Until the end of time!"?!? :D

Wow! thanks, IDW!
  • Options

Marvel Collections Sale
    All-New X-Men Vol. 1: Yesterday's X-Men - $3.99 (normally $9)
    Marvel 1602 - $3.99 (normally $15)
    New Avengers Vol. 1: Breakout - $1.99 (normally $11)
    Runaways Vol. 1: Pride and Joy - $1.99 (normally $11)
  • Options
    Really wish I had enough money spare because I would love to have taken advantage of that Ultimate Spider-Man complete set deal.
  • Options
    BRIGHTEST DAY IS PART OF THE AQUAMAN SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is turning into an epic week... aquaman, brightest day, captain america 2 and GAME OF THRONES!!!!!!

• Options
    FLASHPOINT is part of AQUAMAN sale too... is that worth picking up?
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

I suppose some of it was cool in a kind of Elseworlds or Age of Apocalypse way, but I didn't like the series as a whole. With so much importance placed on it--the New 52 universe--it just felt like "meh." It just didn't feel like it had the same gravity as CRISIS did.

But if you're really into the New 52 and got the funds, why not give it a try?
  • Options

Really wish I had enough money spare because I would love to have taken advantage of that Ultimate Spider-Man complete set deal.

I've got all the floppies, but I hear you (I finally snagged an USM #1 at last year's Denver Comic Con which completed my collection!). It would be nice to have them available anytime and all in one place.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

bamfbamf said:

I suppose some of it was cool in a kind of Elseworlds or Age of Apocalypse way, but I didn't like the series as a whole. With so much importance placed on it--the New 52 universe--it just felt like "meh." It just didn't feel like it had the same gravity as CRISIS did.

But if you're really into the New 52 and got the funds, why not give it a try?
    i think the New 52 is pretty horrible, besides the new aquaman... so i guess i'll pass on that

THANKS!
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

I've got all the floppies, but I hear you (I finally snagged an USM #1 at last year's Denver Comic Con which completed my collection!). It would be nice to have them available anytime and all in one place.
    Yeah i know what you mean. I've got pretty much all the Ultimate Peter USMs in tpb but I would love to be able to read them whenever I want on my tablet. I've only just started using comixology properly over the past few months, moving on from just getting a few free issues here and there so I'd like to start getting more. Makes getting hold of older stuff a lot easier as well.
  • Options
    I plumped for the Hell boy bundle last month, put thanks to overtime I could manage the USM bundle. And being digital I don't have to explain a box of comics to the wife. But am I going to get the time to read them is the real question
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    bamfbamf said:

BRIGHTEST DAY IS PART OF THE AQUAMAN SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brightest Day... might not be worth that many exclamation marks.
  • Options
    David_D said:

bamfbamf said:

Brightest Day... might not be worth that many exclamation marks.
    dang! really? Blackest Night was awesome... so Brightest Day is not as good?

I bought issues 1-6, but I have not read them yet... I will read them ASAP to see if its worth buying the rest

thank you for the warning
  • Options
    I thought Brightest Day started well but then nothing really came of it. It feels even more pointless now that we know the new 52 came not long after.
  • Options
    I enjoyed Brightest Day toward the end. Not because it changed anything, but because a character was reintroduced that I was previously unacquainted with. Other than that, it was a bit of a let down compared to Blackest Night.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    I have most of the Ultimate Spider-Man run in tpb, but I have none of the Miles Morales stuff. Including the lead up to that, it would be around a 40 book investment. What do people think of the MM Spidey? I'd hate to get it and find out by the second story arc that it is just rehashing the same things that Peter Parker went through earlier in the run.
  • Options
    I've really enjoyed MM. I've been collecting USM since issue #2 (right when I came back to comics) and have loved most everything Bendis has done. My only squabble is Ultimatum and how bad that was (bad idea, horrible art-IMO). But it did pave the way for MM.

I was a little bummed that the Ultimate Universe was speculated to go away with the latest event and be combined with the regular Marvel U, but now I'm bummed that there is no MM in the 616. Either way, I'm glad he's still around. I think he's a great character and worth the reading.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

A bunch of classic MAD magazines are also on sale for $0.99.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Still haven't had your Cap/Winter Soldier fix yet?
    Captain America vol. 1 #43-50 & #600-619 (same series, but switches numbering at ish 600)
    Captain America: Reborn #1-6 (mini-series)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I got the first four issues of X-O Manowar and I really liked them. I think I'll jump on this even though I got so much to read in my pile.