Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    mwhitt80 said:

So Pete Rose had a press conference today about not getting reinstated to baseball ( did not watch). Ive changed my mind on Petey 3/4 times, right now I believe he should still be banned.
    This got me thinking, I honestly don't care if someone used steroids. I only care if a guy was a great player. McGwire, Sosa, Palmero were not great players; they were players that got famous/popular because of steroids. Clemens & Bonds were great players.

Which brings me to my point, I sports hate ARod; I probably wouldn't like him in real life either. I never want to see him in the HoF, but...
    He was great on the world series broadcast. If he goes on TV as a post baseball career he will be awesome (which makes him 10,000x more likeable). I'm trying to come to grip with the fact that in 25 years that ARod will be beloved/rooted for to get in the HoF. Mr. May will be the Pete Rose (assuming one day Pete gets in) for our kids.
    Have a Merry Christmas dwelling on that

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jeter, Mariano, and unfortunately, Arod.

He comes off just as much a tool outside of the game as he is in the game.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

So Pete Rose had a press conference today about not getting reinstated to baseball ( did not watch). Ive changed my mind on Petey 3/4 times, right now I believe he should still be banned.
    This got me thinking, I honestly don't care if someone used steroids. I only care if a guy was a great player. McGwire, Sosa, Palmero were not great players; they were players that got famous/popular because of steroids. Clemens & Bonds were great players.

Which brings me to my point, I sports hate ARod; I probably wouldn't like him in real life either. I never want to see him in the HoF, but...
    He was great on the world series broadcast. If he goes on TV as a post baseball career he will be awesome (which makes him 10,000x more likeable). I'm trying to come to grip with the fact that in 25 years that ARod will be beloved/rooted for to get in the HoF. Mr. May will be the Pete Rose (assuming one day Pete gets in) for our kids.
    Have a Merry Christmas dwelling on that

I grew up roughly an hour north of Cincinnati. I remember watching his record breaking hit on tv. My dad was a big fan and would listen to Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall call all the games on radio.

I do not think Pete should be in. I do not think he will get in while he is alive. After he passes away, they may be enough sympathy and reevaluating of things to get the ban lifted.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Was talking to my son tonight about music and had a sudden flashback of In the Studio with Redbeard. Man, I loved that show. Turns out, they're still doing it and it looks like most of the old interviews are available on their website! http://www.inthestudio.net/
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I don't want to venture into the Star Wars thread now since there's no spoiler warning
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    No spoilers as of this post. In fact I just posted a quick, spoiler free review.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    I've been watching The Goldbergs on hulu. Last night we finished season. The last episode was about waiting in line for Return of the Jedi.

I think the last movie I actually waited in a line for any length time was Two Towers.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

I've been watching The Goldbergs on hulu. Last night we finished season. The last episode was about waiting in line for Return of the Jedi.

I think the last movie I actually waited in a line for any length time was Two Towers.

The only midnight showing I ever went to was Two Towers. I do not remember waiting any significant time for that. The only time I remember people being turned away was for Age of Ultron. I only go to 3 or 4 movies a year so My mileage is limited.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I don't remember waiting for Return, I do remember standing in incredibly long lines for Star Wars and Empire, as well as for Close Encounters.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Last line I ever recall was for Empire. Technically Phantom Menace but that was to buy advance tix for later
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I probably won't be seeing Episode VII. I fall into the same trap each holiday season, I never have the time or money (it's a combination of Christmas gifts and car insurance)....This is why I still haven't seen Thor 2 or the last two Hobbit films.
  • Options
    After years of not caring or having any desire to read manga I've started to get into it.

At first it was innocent, DragonBall (not dbz) viz big. Then it was Speed racer. Now I'm mainlining One Punch Man and trying something called "Food Wars".

I'm seeing speedlines with big eyes.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

After years of not caring or having any desire to read manga I've started to get into it.

At first it was innocent, DragonBall (not dbz) viz big. Then it was Speed racer. Now I'm mainlining One Punch Man and trying something called "Food Wars".

We accept him, one of us!
    Gooba gobba, gooba gobba!
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Bad, bad, BAD loss by the Broncos. The last 2 weeks are on the coaches. If you're not going to be aggressive, why play?
  • Options
    Man, don't you just hate it when you come to the end of a roll of gift wrap and you have too much to wrap one gift, but nowhere near enough for two gifts.
  • Options
    Falcons are back baby! Well just enough back to miss the playoffs by a game and have a mid-dfraft pick.
  • Options
    So, I finally caved in and joined Facebook (just look up Michael Carter from Bismarck, ND) this is being done mainly to promote the YouTube channel. I know there's a different thread for this sort of thing, but I couldn't remember its name.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Torchsong said:

mwhitt80 said:

We accept him, one piece of us!
    Gooba gobba, gooba gobba!

Fixed...

Every now and then, I'll accidentally click on the Dr. Who thread and get upset because I've got 1k unread posts.I always wonder is this the click that says I'm 100% caught up? It always goes back from 1.4k to 1.3k; I'm finally back 1.5k instead posts.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I may have found the perfect Pandora "station". Leon Redbone Radio is awesome!
  • Options
    4 episodes into SyFy's The Expanse. I'm pleased. It's high quality stuff. I'm hoping that this means SyFy had turned a page.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm looking forward to listening to the entire A Christmas Carol as read by @Adam_Murdough. Thanks a lot for this Adam! And a Merry Christmas to all out there in CGS land!!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas. I hope you are having a great holiday
  • Options
    Lord knows I am not a fan of the Big Bang Theory...But, even I have to admit that the most recent episode paralleling Sheldon & Amy's fist time having sex with the rest of the group seeing Episode VII with Will Wheaton (who was dressed as Spock) was pretty funny.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So, I'm planning a supplemental video to the next episode of my show. The video is a profile on Carol Danvers & her...let's face it; messed up back story. The problem is, I can' t find some of the issues she appeared in ( namely Marvel Super Heroes #13 where she debuted & Ms. Marvel #16 where Mystique debuted). Also, I tried to purchase Avengers #200 , Avengers. Annual #10, & Uncanny X-Men #164 via my Kindle, & couldn't do so. I had to go on my computer to get them....sigh!
  • Options
    RIP Chip Kelly.

You were an interesting coach at Oregon, but alas your style couldn't translate into the pros. Guys you traded away accused you of racism, and it turns out you were not a good GM. Do not worry though in world where reincarnation is maybe a reality you could have a second chance to redeem your legacy.

Stay Golden Chip Kelly, Stay Golden.
  • Options
    So how was everyone's Christmas? Did you have a nice time with your family? Get/give any awesome presents?
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    mwhitt80 said:

So how was everyone's Christmas? Did you have a nice time with your family? Get/give any awesome presents?

Got my Dad the Back To The Future Visual Guide book for Xmas. Beautiful book, full cool inserts like the fading photo, the letter from the end of bttf2 and the almanac receipt. Great book for any bttf fan. My dad loved it.

I got the Ghostbusters version from my wife bits equally great. Hours of fun to be had reading that.

My bro is big into Star Wars so got him a load of the 3.75" figures.

I also got a few tpbs...

American Vampire vol.7
    Aquaman vol.5
    Batman: Gates of Gotham
    JL Dark vol.6
    Mark Millar Swamp Thing vols 1&2.

Good crimbo!!!
  • Options
    The Falcons suck so bad they can't suck properly. The end of the wins yep that's pick 17 and a missed playoff spot.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited January 2016
    Y'know how far the Packers have fallen when the Vikes can roll into Lambeau and beat them for the division title. Teddy threw for only 99(!) yards and had no TDs but the Pack couldn't get anything going. Yes, the Vikings D is really, really good but the Packers of a year ago would have sailed through this game.

That being said, as a Vikings fan, bring on Seattle!