Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited June 2016
    My Atlanta Hawks are making moves.

Draft night is tonite. It's like Christmas in June
  • Options
    Great day my candles came in, and my last rod is here.

Soon my pretty little fishes, soon.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2016
    On it's website US Bank Stadium(the new home of the Minnesota Vikings) is showing off some of the art that will be displayed throughout the building. This is a mural that is in the process of being painted and it caught my attention for it's comic book-like art:

I'm not sure but I think I might see NFL SuperPro in there somewhere...
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Decades is rocking the George Reeves baggy tights all weekend with an Adventures of Superman marathon.

NICE!

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    When it comes to movies I have what some may call questionable taste. I mean liked Green Lantern, two of the four Transformers films and Grown Ups 1 and 2.

But Independence Day Resurgence is awful beyond words. The first movie was dumb. But it also was great fun and had characters you cared about. This movie had none of that.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

I need to find a new webcomic to read.

You better be reading mine! :)

www.redskirtsonline.com

www.studiofugazi.com
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No worries TS. I've got them both bookmarked I'm up to date on Redskirts and I'm reading Barb through from the beginning.

Edit: I lost battlepug and OVC right close together. I've still got dorktower and punchline is machismo. I would like a few more.

I'm thinking subculture might be getting ready to restart, but I've not asked @kfreeman directly yet.
  • Options
    Wife just texted me this article on my favorite stripped tiger Daniel. my experience with the show was not unique. Fred Rogers was the man.

Btw that potty training song works almost as well as "grownups come back".
  • Options
    My 10 year old son likes that show, lol.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

My 10 year old son likes that show, lol.

Ha!

This might be going a little to Fred Rogers, but Amazon has a ton of actual Mr. Rogers neighborhood episodes.
  • Options
    "one lawn mower away from a snuff film"
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

"one lawn mower away from a snuff film"

I wish they had come up with a few more new lines for that one, but it's still a classic. Of all the shorts, I think Frank & Trace’s and Joel & Jonah Ray’s were the two funniest.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The grass short had some great moments. The intro and from the hats to the end was gold.

My favorite was Kaye getting dates and then i loved watching Pearl/Bridget with my wife. I laughed lots through almost all the shorts.

The only short that didnt really work me was Superman vs Stamps.

The thing that made me feel old was knowing that last two Rifftrax Live I saw were 2 & 3. Boy it didn't seem that long ago. I'm going to the Mothra show though; I truly love that movie.
  • Options
    We have the Grass short on DVD, so I’ve seen it way too many times and have the whole thing pretty much memorized. The others I hadn’t seen before—a pretty solid show all the way through. “Stamp Day for Superman” had a few good zingers in it, but, yeah, it was probably the weakest of the bunch.

I’ve seen Mothra on the (semi-) big screen before back when the NC Museum of Life Science ran Friday night movies one summer. I would love to go to that one, but we have a conflict on the schedule and won't be able to do it. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Are you going to try to go see Killing Joke in July?

Edit:
    I'm 90% sure I'm going to it. I still remember how awesome seeing Mask of the Phantasm was when I was a kid.
  • Options
    No, I don't have much interest in seeing it.

"When I was a kid...." I was in college when Mask came out.
  • Options
  • Options
    Whippersnappers! :)
  • Options
    Loved the MST3K Reunion. Loved every flippin' minute of it!

We had a word for women like Kay when I was in junior high school. :)
    "Jim Henson's Blair Witch Babies"
    Is it wrong that i found the one wife (darker hair) in the Peel/Nelson segment kinda hot? :)
    Any time you can work a Rondo Hatton reference in, you've hooked me.
  • Options
    It was funny going to the show last night, and seeing the different demographics there. There were of course guys ya'lls age there but it was mostly filled out by people in thier mid 30s and college kids (the theater was packed, but no dressed up).

I was really expecting it to be mostly old farts and guys in their mid 30s. Not good looking college girls; boy the MST3K audience has changed.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

I was 13.

Me too but I skipped seeing it in the theater. At the time I was already out of comics and, while I liked BtAS, I couldn't see myself going to pay for something that felt like it should have been a TV movie.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

"Jim Henson's Blair Witch Babies"

I'm pretty sure that was a new line, and it was my favorite of that short last night.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Is it wrong that i found the one wife (darker hair) in the Peel/Nelson segment kinda hot? :)

Just the one wife? I actually preferred the blonde—a little more to hold onto—but they were both quite attractive.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

It was funny going to the show last night, and seeing the different demographics there. There were of course guys ya'lls age there but it was mostly filled out by people in thier mid 30s and college kids (the theater was packed, but no dressed up).

I was really expecting it to be mostly old farts and guys in their mid 30s. Not good looking college girls; boy the MST3K audience has changed.

The audience at my theater was probably 75% 40+, but there were several in their 20s/30s, and even a few kids (not including mine). But keep in mind that I'm in the Research Triangle Park area, and there are tons of professional science nerds here.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Torchsong said:

Just the one wife? I actually preferred the blonde—a little more to hold onto—but they were both quite attractive.
    They weren't Donna Reed hot, but they were 1950s tv mom hot.

Anybody else think in the barber short when dad was busting out the pack of smokes he was going to offer Jr. one.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Anybody else think in the barber short when dad was busting out the pack of smokes he was going to offer Jr. one.

No, but the “I'm too cool” one-handed flip to get the cigarette out of the pack was enough to make any kid want to smoke.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hell it made me want to and I'm 36
  • Options
    Only thing the wife and I agreed on with the Barber/Beautician short was the daughter received arguably the shittiest haircut on the planet.

"You're not making it BET-terrrr!!!" :)
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Only thing the wife and I agreed on with the Barber/Beautician short was the daughter received arguably the shittiest haircut on the planet.

"You're not making it BET-terrrr!!!" :)

That haircut was quite likely the worst advertisement for going to see a beautician that could have possibly been made.
  • Options
    Well tomorrow I start my 10.5 day trip to West Virginia with the family. Nothing says awesome 8.5 of those days being stuck with my mother in law. I love and 100% get along with my wife's great aunt that we visit, but her mama drives me nuts after 4 days. Plus with everything going on with our family I've only had one week since June started without her in my house. I will get to drive up to Pittsburgh to see my grandmother for a day or too at least

Really I just want to fish.