Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A place for that most Predetermined of sports, Professional Wrestling

Comments

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I've been watching some old WWF Prime Times, Superstars, Wrestling Challenges from late 80's and early 90's. And without question I realize that Demolition who were undeniably a pale imitation of the LOD did not hold up. I didn't and still don't see the appeal of two middle-age guys in bondage gear wearing KISS make-up. Then again they never had a puppet...a puppet. A puppet.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Rest In Peace Superfly.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    No idea how many people here will know who they are...but just got a message asking if I will be able to go up to the Jackson area in May to film/do commentary for a show that will have not only ROH/NJPW star Michael Elgin but also former NWA World Women's champ,and Elgin's wife,MsChef.

Plus just had my buddy that goes to most show with me,not only start wrestling school. But got Boogie Woogie Jimmy Valiant's blessing to use the Valiant last name.

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    dubbat138 said:

No idea how many people here will know who they are...but just got a message asking if I will be able to go up to the Jackson area in May to film/do commentary for a show that will have not only ROH/NJPW star Michael Elgin but also former NWA World Women's champ,and Elgin's wife,MsChef.

Plus just had my buddy that goes to most show with me,not only start wrestling school. But got Boogie Woogie Jimmy Valiant's blessing to use the Valiant last name.

That should be a good show.

Where are most of your shows available @dubbat138 ?
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    As I upload my thoughts on TakeOver: San Antonio, I must break this news...

Corey Graves is leaving the NXT announce team & being replaced by Nigel McGuinness.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Best worst joke I have heard all week.
    From The Masked Man Show:
    "Just realized that Kerry Von Erich has never been eliminated from the Royal Rumble" - Dave
    "That's Right... both feet have to hit the floor" - cohost of the week

• Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Best worst joke I have heard all week.
    From The Masked Man Show:
    "Just realized that Kerry Von Erich has never been eliminated from the Royal Rumble" - Dave
    "That's Right... both feet have to hit the floor" - cohost of the week

Speaking of both feet or not both feet. Watching some Rumble matches online and the PPV last week made me wonder why don't these guys when they are hanging on the ropes just put one foot down and push themselves back up in the ring? I know it's part of the show but if Kofi could find all sorts of innovative ways of getting back in the ring you think they have someone do that.
  • Options
    The Rock and Roll Express are getting inducted into the WWE HoF.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

The Rock and Roll Express are getting inducted into the WWE HoF.

I hope the Midnight Express make it in someday. Cornette has burned a lot of bridges and napalmed the surrounding area with the WWE but Vince seems to be willing to forgive & forget most things now.

Of course, someone will have to duct tape Cornette's mouth shut for 6 months so Vince can forgive & forget.
  • Options
    I think that they have to be the next NWA guys. The Freebirds paved the way, Rock and Roll Express, next has to be the midnight Express inspite of Cornett.

The last few years seems like HHH has a lot of say when it comes to the HoF.
  • Options
    Elimination Chamber was better that I thought it was going to be. Not sure how I feel about the potiential Wrestlemania main event though.
  • Options
    I wonder if we will get to see Capt. Mike at WrestleMania.
    Bray opens the door for a lot of natural feuds for the belt for a long time, even if he is chasing.
  • Options
    R.I.P., George “The Animal” Steele.
  • Options
    Ohh man, and when I was looking at an article about George the Animal I found out Chavo Guerrero Sr.passed on February 11. (Last Saturday)
  • Options
    And now Ivan “The Russian Bear” Koloff has died (he was Canadian). He’s been living in my little hometown the past few years.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Interesting fact: Ivan Koloff, the ‘Russian Bear’ and supreme wrestling heel, also toured the world as a Christian minister for more than two decades while in retirement. I never would've guessed that.
  • Options
    I grew up with Ivan and Nikita were two of the scariest heels of my childhood. They always seemed to be the toughest, meanest bad guys.
    This is where my NWA biasness kicks in. I grew up watching the WWF and NWA. The WWF was always second because they were cartoons. The NWA was grittier, tougher, and filled with guys that wanted hurt people.
    In my young head The Russians wanted to hurt people.
    On a scale of scary but Awesome monsters of men it went something like Road Warriors#1 followed by Doom, The Russians and the Stieners in some order.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I grew up with Ivan and Nikita were two of the scariest heels of my childhood. They always seemed to be the toughest, meanest bad guys.
    This is where my NWA biasness kicks in. I grew up watching the WWF and NWA. The WWF was always second because they were cartoons. The NWA was grittier, tougher, and filled with guys that wanted hurt people.
    On a scale of scary but Awesome monsters of men it went something like Road Warriors#1 followed by Doom, The Russians and the Stieners in some order.

I was terrified of Ole Andersen and Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy.
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

I liked the Freebirds so Bam Bam so i never thought of him as menacing.
    Now Ole was different case. He was transitioning out of wrestling when I was a kid and so he as terrifying, but he was still a pretty scary dude.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

mwhitt80 said:

I liked the Freebirds so Bam Bam so i never thought of him as menacing.
    Now Ole was different case. He was transitioning out of wrestling when I was a kid and so he as terrifying, but he was still a pretty scary dude.
    I started at the tail end of Georgia Championship wrestling so I saw Ole's last 3 or 4 years as an active wrestler. It wasn't that Ole was the biggest guy. He just seemed mean and he usually talked in that low tough guy voice.
  • Options
  • Options
    There are big monsters in wrestling today, but I think Pro Wrestling has lost the guy who just carried himself as a mean tough guy. The Ole Andersen, Harley Race, Stan Hansen type.

Brock Lesner is the closest guy to it but it just does not feel the same.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

My thoughts on Fastlane 2017.
    (Spoilers)

Also since I forgot to use this in the video...Here's what Roman Reigns' new fashionable white shoes look like:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    mwhitt80 said:

dubbat138 said:

That should be a good show.

Where are most of your shows available @dubbat138 ?
    Sorry it took me so long to answer.

All the footage I shoot and upload is at https://youtube.com/channel/UCDbl4yAcFKen0gh_81PWFkA

Then the stuff I don't shoot but do commentary on is at https://youtube.com/channel/UC1ZgsTdkvH1nfuAS7JtBroA

The most recent show I hit was a SWA show in Sandersville MS. SWA uses almost all local talent. Does 6 to 8 shows a year and is one of the two feds in MS that doesn't lose money with every show.

Also started ,to help offset the costs of going to shows,selling wrestling toys and dvds at these shows. And once the doors open to let the crowd in I put on my Ultimo Guerrero mask and keep it on until the crowd is gone. Firstly cause it helps me deal with my fear of crowds,plus the mask draws kids over to the table and once they are there of course they want their parents to buy something.

The SWA show I ended up making 65 bucks. But also sold every toy I had and all but 5 of the dvds. So right now trying to get a huge stock of cheap dvds I can mark up to make a profit off of. Cause unless something changes next month I am hitting 6 shows.

• Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Growing up in the gulf coast area of MS WWF was hated. It was "That bullshit cartoon crap from up north. Look at Hogan he can't even wrestle."

So I was a huge Mid South/UWF fan. With JCP NWA in second place.