Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Supergirl TV Series Discussion

Comments

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    aquatroy said:

I really enjoyed the first season. The one thing I would have loved to see. Instead of the cliffhanger, would be Kara doing the Chris Reeve flyby and smile at the end of season 1.

Would've been cute. Something this actress could pull off wonderfully I'm sure.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    edited May 2016
    This is discouraging: ‘Supergirl’ Renewal Drama: Talks Center on Possible Jump to CW, Budget Cuts (Exclusive)
    https://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-renewal-drama-talks-center-on-possible-jump-to-cw-budget-cuts-exclusive/
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    1 of 3 things will happen. 1. It will get outright canceled and it's done. 2. They will cut both the episodes order and budget. 3. It goes to the CW.

It should have been on CW all along it never should have gone to CBS the moment I heard it was going there I knew it wouldn't last. I know they don't want to put all there shows on the CW. But Supergirl felt like it was a CW show on CBS.

I don't even think The Flash could last long on CBS.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    A move to CW would make perfect sense if they have to. The FX on Legends and Flash and Arrow seem to be of high enough budget to make Supergirl still look good. We'll know in two weeks what the outcome will be.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The only thing that I think prevents the CW from taking it is then the CW is essentially the DC Network + Supernatural.

Personally I don't care where it ends up, just give it another season.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I personally don't care what happens with the show. I'm not attached to it. If they cut the budget I imagine it would turn me off as only a casual viewer where the effects and spectacles are big parts of my willingness to tune in. And making up the difference by upping the dialog and personal "drama" would turn me off instantly. Already straddling that fence for me.
    I'd be happy to see it go to cw if for no other reason than potential for more frequent crossovers, which have potential to be fun / interesting. If they move to cw but somehow keep the shows all but completely separate, I'll remain a casual ep by ep non invested viewer.
  • Options
    I have the entire season on my DVR so my wife and I can watch it over the Summer. I've seen all the episodes but I thought my wife would like to watch it. If they cancel it, I'll probably just delete it as I doubt my wife would want to watch it for just the season and she'll hate the ending as it's a sort of cliffhanger.
  • Options
    Well it's official Supergirl is heading to the CW.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Mihawk said:

Well it's official Supergirl is heading to the CW.

Yeah, I just heard that, too! I'm quite happy about it. I sort of binged watched it over the weekend and quite enjoyed it. Especially that crossover episode! Now, they'll be able to do triple crossovers, I guess.
  • Options
    Now my wife and I can watch the first season. I hope it does better on the CW.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    Supergirl stays on the same night, Monday, as it shifts to the CW, via EW.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Saw the "Supergirl to the CW" spot during last nights LoT. Very happy to see the show continue.
  • Options
    Superman will appear is Season 2 of Supergirl -
    The Man of Steel is coming to National City. Superman will appear on the first two episodes of Supergirl season 2, flying to television just as Supergirl flies to its new home on The CW. The character has not yet been cast, but his appearance was revealed via a press release, perhaps because casting announcements have just been sent out. "We are currently in the casting process for this role," Warner Bros. TV announced, implying that we won't see big-screen Superman Henry Cavill crossing over to the land of television, in keeping with the previous separation of DC's TV and Movies.

"Greg, Ali and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl. Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!" said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg.
    It would be awesome if Tom Welling would do it.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to this. I'm guessing he'll be showing up because of the the rocket ship at the end of the season.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I'm looking forward to this. I'm guessing he'll be showing up because of the the rocket ship at the end of the season.

I'm hoping that Mon-El pops out of the rocket. Then, as much as I usually hate it, we could get a love triangle with Kara, Lar Gand, & Jimmy Olsen.
  • Options
    That could be interesting.
  • Options
    Tyler Hoechiln (of Teen Wolf series fame) has been cast as Kal-EL aka Superman in the Supergirl series

• Options
    I don't know much about him except seeing some YouTube clips and his images of him. I think he's got the look. I've even seen him with the glasses and he'd make a great Clark Kent. My only quip and it's a minor one is that he's possibly a bit young. In real life, he's only a year older than the actress who plays Supergirl. I assumed we would see someone older eventually playing the part. Someone more around the age of Clarissa Flockhart. Still, it's not a bad choice.
  • Options
    Today, Warner Bros. and The CW confirmed that TV's greatest Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter has been cast in a recurring role on Supergirl as the President.

I'm sure many of us would be willing to vote for her 10 times before voting for Hillary :) Full details here
  • Options

Today, Warner Bros. and The CW confirmed that TV's greatest Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter has been cast in a recurring role on Supergirl as the President.

I'm sure many of us would be willing to vote for her 10 times before voting for Hillary :) Full details here

HAIL TO THE CHIEF, INDEED!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Now all we need is for her to be referred to as President Prince and we'll be all set.

Oh, and get Debra Winger to be Secretary of State. :)
  • Options
    This is the most awesome news ever. I can't wait for the new season.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Snapper Carr! What a world we live in! LOL!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/377967-supergirl-snapper-carr#/slide/1
    The CW‘s Supergirl season two is adding another DC Comics mainstay as EW today reports that Ian Gomez has signed on to play Snapper Carr in a recurring role. According to the outlet, this iteration of Snapper Carr will be the new Editor-in-Chief of CatCo Magazine ...
  • Options
  • Options
    Is it just my computer, or does something look odd about Superman here?

• Options
    Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    HEY, SUPERMAN! EAT A SANDWICH OR THREE! Oh, and while your at it, how about shaving off that creepy 5:00 shadow?
  • Options
    He looks like a giant posed action figure....and chill out on the lens flare, will ya?
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Only pro wrestling fans will understand this but...is it just me or does he look like he has the same eye problem as Shawn Michaels?
  • Options

Only pro wrestling fans will understand this but...is it just me or does he look like he has the same eye problem as Shawn Michaels?

I don't know the Shawn Michaels thing, but does it have something to do with the fact that Superman appears to be looking east and west at the same time?