Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Supergirl TV Series Discussion

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I enjoyed the hell out of Henry Czerny's Toyman.

Of course he wanted revenge.... ;)
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Flash to guest star on the March 28th episode of Supergirl:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/03/the-flash-races-to-supergirl-in-crossover-event/

That episode is called “Worlds Finest”

Remember when the creators claimed it might not be legal to do this? And we believed them? Take what you hear from these producers with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/03/the-flash-races-to-supergirl-in-crossover-event/

Remember when the creators claimed it might not be legal to do this? And we believed them? Take what you hear from these producers with a grain of salt.
    I think the Flash coming over to SG is an amazing show of flexibility by The CW (almost wrote WB) and CBS.
    There is no telling how many lawyers were involved in making that happen. Really it shouldn't be happening; two TV networks sharing a character at the same time? Was Battle of the Network Stars the last time this happened?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    mwhitt80 said:

I think the Flash coming over to SG is an amazing show of flexibility by The CW (almost wrote WB) and CBS.
    There is no telling how many lawyers were involved in making that happen. Really it shouldn't be happening; two TV networks sharing a character at the same time? Was Battle of the Network Stars the last time this happened?
    Well, while I agree in spirit with your feelings about this, I had been under the impression that CBS co-owns The CW with Warner Bros. Am I mistaken? If I'm right, then it probably wasn't as much of a challenge as the producers were letting on. And it's probably why you almost wrote 'WB' :)

I am very pleased with this cross-over.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Yeah it's not THAT big of a deal. The CW is C(bs) and W(arner bro). A merging of two firmer networks into one (UPN and The WB).
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    This show has just really impressed me. Loving the stories and the characters. I can't wait to see the team-up with the Flash and also to see whether or not they are part of the same world or if the Arrow/Flash Universe is different.
  • Options
    Oh man! This past episode had so many Silver Age awesomeness.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    jaydee74 said:

Oh man! This past episode had so many Silver Age awesomeness.

LEGION FLIGHT RING, BABY!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Kara has been renewed for a second season! Woot! :)
  • Options
    This episode is going to be so amazing.
  • Options
    Red k episode probably the best to date. Other than only a couple dopey / annoying dialogue bits, this was actually pretty strong.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Spoilers for the Crossover.

I thought it was OK probably about same level as OK as the first Flash and Arrow crossover.

Seeing Barry and Kara together was cool. And the Silver Banshee had a cool look but I felt like she was to willingly to just become a murderer. It felt to easy.

But the ending to the "Fight" was awful. The Firefighters beating both Live Wire and Banshee was ridiculous and to much "Your the real heroes" of moment.

I'd give it like maybe 7 out of 10.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Mihawk said:

But the ending to the "Fight" was awful. The Firefighters beating both Live Wire and Banshee was ridiculous and to much "Your the real heroes" of moment.

See, I dug that part because it was the firefighter mess that started the whole "evil Supergirl" thing that caused her to lose the public's trust. Fitting that they help her gain it back. Have to check back and see if that was the same firefighter from the beginning of that episode.

• Options
    As someone who hasn't watched since the pilot and only tuned in for the Flash, it was a fun episode that was really disappointing at the end. Flash is knocked out of frame and disappears for the rest of a fight that is resolved by a hose? Lame. But I would watch these characters team up again. Maybe for an actual charity race episode?

Also, I feel super dumb for not putting it together but it can't be a complete coincidence this episode premiered the same week as BvS. They even had a hashtag #SupergirlXFlash.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Mihawk said:

See, I dug that part because it was the firefighter mess that started the whole "evil Supergirl" thing that caused her to lose the public's trust. Fitting that they help her gain it back. Have to check back and see if that was the same firefighter from the beginning of that episode.

Torchsong is correct. Firefighters saving the day is a nice way to bring everything back around. It also shows that sometimes you don't need super strength, or speed, to save the day. Sometimes all you need is some citizens with some courage. And, a length of hose.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

Torchsong said:

Mihawk said:

Torchsong is correct. Firefighters saving the day is a nice way to bring everything back around. It also shows that sometimes you don't need super strength, or speed, to save the day. Sometimes all you need is some citizens with some courage. And, a length of hose.
    Yeah, but it's super lame without the context of what's going on on the show. If the goal of this crossover was to get Flash viewers to check the show out, why have both heroes suck at their jobs so much? They failed at every single encounter that took a firehose to solve. I am entirely unsure what the Flash added to that episode, besides a boring jealousy plot.
  • Options
    The crossover ep was super cute. At least the interaction between the two leads was fun and sweet and refreshing. They may just be the two most charming and adorable people alive over the age of 3. Other than that the show was laughable.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited March 2016
    I just re-watched it and did we get a giant spoiler for the Flash?

When Barry is talking about the Multiverse and talking about what kind of differences the different Earths might have. The one guy said "An Earth where all of us are evil" and Barry says "Yeah I've been there it sucks"

Except he's never been to an Earth like that. He's only been to Earth 2 and Supergirl's Earth that we've seen. If he's talking about Earth 2 then I think he's version of everyone being evil is dumb. Because only 3 people he knew where evil.

If he isn't lying then that makes me believe Barry going to Supergirl's Earth hasn't happened yet on the Flash? And if he goes to an Earth where everyone is evil then I'm guessing that's where Zoom is from?
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

I just re-watched it and did we get a giant spoiler for the Flash?

When Barry is talking about the Multiverse and talking about what kind of differences the different Earths might have. The one guy said "An Earth where all of us are evil" and Barry says "Yeah I've been there it sucks"

Except he's never been to an Earth like that. He's only been to Earth 2 and Supergirl's Earth that we've seen. If he's talking about Earth 2 then I think he's version of everyone being evil is dumb. Because only 3 people he knew where evil.

If he isn't lying then that makes me believe Barry going to Supergirl's Earth hasn't happened yet on the Flash? And if he goes to an Earth where everyone is evil then I'm guessing that's where Zoom is from?

I haven't watched tonight's Flash but my understanding is that it takes place right before last night's Supergirl (or possibly Supergirl takes place within the events of the episode), so yeah, that was just a reference to Earth-2.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

If he's talking about Earth 2 then I think he's version of everyone being evil is dumb. Because only 3 people he knew where evil.

Eh, I think I'd give him some slack on that one. From his standpoint, almost everyone he was close with was an "evil" version ... Cisco, Caitlyn, Ronnie, and even Joe to some extent. Iris was pretty much the only person who wasn't, right?

• Options

aquatroy said:

Torchsong said:

Mihawk said:

Yeah, but it's super lame without the context of what's going on on the show. If the goal of this crossover was to get Flash viewers to check the show out, why have both heroes suck at their jobs so much? They failed at every single encounter that took a firehose to solve. I am entirely unsure what the Flash added to that episode, besides a boring jealousy plot.
    You do have a point. Why bring in new viewers to a show and then not let the title character shine? However, within the context of the episodes that had been shown, the conclusion to the team up episode made sense and was very enjoyable.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I think it took major stones to have ordinary people be the heroes at the end of the crossover special.

I also enjoyed that Barry gave Kara advice on stuff, as he's deal with a lot of the same problems she's had.

And now he actually has some influence on future cells, with the schematics he gave to the police.
  • Options
    I thought the crossover episode was great. I thought both heroes got a chance to shine and I loved the little easter eggs like Cat Grant wanting to call the Flash "The Blur" like Clark was known as in Smallville. I also liked that Flash was giving advice to Supergirl in the same way as Ollie gave to Barry. All in all, a great episode with so many fun episodes.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the season finale. I think we got closer with Non and Supergirl's place in her city. I kind of like how they use Superman and yet don't show him. I see some cool and interesting things for next season like whatever Kara does at CatCo next season in her promotion. General Lane and Max Lord are going to be up to no good and I guess we're going to get the search for Jeremiah Danvers. Also, I wonder who or what is in the rocket? This was a pretty good first season and I'm looking forward to the next season.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the first season. The one thing I would have loved to see. Instead of the cliffhanger, would be Kara doing the Chris Reeve flyby and smile at the end of season 1.
  • Options
    That would have been very cool.