Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel Studios Marvel’s Phase 3 Announcements

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    That crowd went nuts when the three leads appeared.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited October 2014

No Squirrel Girl...I has a sad.

Why would they give Squirrel Girl her own Movie!?! She has her own monthly comic hitting the stands (unlike Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange). A fan of the film might accidentally wander into a comic shop and purchase something!
  • Options
    Actually Ant-Man #1 is coming in January, so there's that.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Hex said:

No Squirrel Girl...I has a sad.

Why would they give Squirrel Girl her own Movie!?! She has her own monthly comic hitting the stands (unlike Ant-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange). A fan of the film might accidentally wonder into a comic shop and purchase something!
    I see Squirrel Girl getting the Big Hero 6 treament somewhere down the road.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited October 2014
    I tell you what, man. I want that two part Avengers movie to look like a Perez 2 page spread. I want to see everybody in that joker. Antman, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Loki, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Daredevil, IronFist, Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Jessica Jones...I mean come on! look at that list for a second. How cool would that be?

And the Vision!

And the Guardians!

Holy crap! the Marvel Cinematic U is getting so Huge I can't even track all the charaters floating around out there.

And that is assuming there will be NO other characters introduced between now and then! And who believes that for a second?
  • Options
    And Blackbolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, Triton, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus, Nick Fury, SHIELD, Maria Hill, Agent 13, Odin, Sif, The Warriors Three, and (if they can negotiate his release with Sony) Spider-Man!

:-)
  • Options

And Blackbolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, Triton, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus, Nick Fury, SHIELD, Maria Hill, Agent 13, Odin, Sif, The Warriors Three, and (if they can negotiate his release with Sony) Spider-Man!

I left out the inhumans because I thought thay came after the Avengers 2 part set. But still, yes! the Marvel U is huge
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    random73 said:

I left out the inhumans because I thought thay came after the Avengers 2 part set. But still, yes! the Marvel U is huge
    Just recast Spider-man & glossy over ASM.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

random73 said:

Just recast Spider-man & glossy over ASM.

M
    I agree. I thought Andrew Garfield was okay as spiderman but the movies as a whole have some real quality concerns. If I was Marvel Studios I'd be mighty hesitant to tie the MCU and one of the most widely recognized characters in the world (Spidey) to that half assed stuff coming out of Sony. Just having that character cross over "as is" automatically canonizes that terrible Jamie Fox Electro, That convoulted back story with Peter's parents and all that crap. the MCU is way more tight than that. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Spidey at home in Marvel's stable of cinematic characters but not at the cost of diluting the quality or letting some other studio shoe horn their goofiness into the MCU.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    No black widow movie, no stand alone female movie of any type. Maybe this will make the social justice warriors on the interwebs turn on marvel.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

No black widow movie, no stand alone female movie of any type. Maybe this will make the social justice warriors on the interwebs turn on marvel.

Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers.

M
  • Options
    Planeis said:

*cough*

• Options
    Granted one is not terribly impressive but it is a start.
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

did they call CAPT 3 Serpent Society at first... just to fake us out?

and eventually called it CIVIL WAR?

SO frustrating. I was SO excited for a Serpent Society flick (one of the top 3 best Cap stories of all time, IMHO). I am probably going to skip the dreck that will be Civil War...
  • Options
    shroud68 said:

I am excited and very happy for this turn of events because:

Marvel recognizes the futility of stuffing the plotlines of a war against Thanos into one movie so they give us GOTG 2 and 2 more Avengers films. They get two movies to break the bank and we get two movies to enjoy. Win-Win.

The fact that the Hulk and Widow will appear in non-Avengers films.

Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. A great possible addition to the Avengers cast.

Black Panther probably means Klaw which as a cape and cowl guy who loves smaller stakes slugfests more than talking head Universe ending stuff, my inner 13 year smiles.

Thor 3 Ragnorak gives us the potential of after credit scene of DOOOOOM!!!!! seeded through out a few movies.

Civil War really feels like a natural extension of the tension in Winter Soldier and we have some films to see that play out before the uniting force of Thanos.

Concerns: Creative teams. Who will they be? Whedon and Gunn above all prove that tone matters. Who's writing, who's directing?

Warning: Blasphemy ahead: Burnout anybody? Between this and DC and Fox and Sony and bandwagon jumpers this will be too much.

It feels like Marvel just called DC and said all in. We win the pot though.

I, for one, was hoping for Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel. I prefer Carol as either Binary or Warbird
  • Options

I, for one, was hoping for Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel. I prefer Carol as either Binary or Warbird

I was hoping for Mar-Vell, frankly. I have no love at all for the Carol Danvers version of Captain Marvel, and view that as the one unappealing film on the schedule. I much preferred Carol as Ms Marvel, but, of course, I didn't expect that to happen either.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    edited October 2014
    Well, Ok then.
  • Options

bamfbamf said:

SO frustrating. I was SO excited for a Serpent Society flick (one of the top 3 best Cap stories of all time, IMHO). I am probably going to skip the dreck that will be Civil War...
    Isn't it a little early to state "the dreck that will be Civil War." They established tension between Cap & Stark in Avengers & it's continuing in Avengers 2. It's not sounding like a storyline crowbarred into 1 movie.

M
  • Options

shroud68 said:

I am excited and very happy for this turn of events because:

Marvel recognizes the futility of stuffing the plotlines of a war against Thanos into one movie so they give us GOTG 2 and 2 more Avengers films. They get two movies to break the bank and we get two movies to enjoy. Win-Win.

The fact that the Hulk and Widow will appear in non-Avengers films.

Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. A great possible addition to the Avengers cast.

Black Panther probably means Klaw which as a cape and cowl guy who loves smaller stakes slugfests more than talking head Universe ending stuff, my inner 13 year smiles.

Thor 3 Ragnorak gives us the potential of after credit scene of DOOOOOM!!!!! seeded through out a few movies.

Civil War really feels like a natural extension of the tension in Winter Soldier and we have some films to see that play out before the uniting force of Thanos.

Concerns: Creative teams. Who will they be? Whedon and Gunn above all prove that tone matters. Who's writing, who's directing?

Warning: Blasphemy ahead: Burnout anybody? Between this and DC and Fox and Sony and bandwagon jumpers this will be too much.

It feels like Marvel just called DC and said all in. We win the pot though.

I don't know that version enough to be certain, but I think the idea of Carol is to get another cosmic character.

M
  • Options

I was hoping for Mar-Vell, frankly. I have no love at all for the Carol Danvers version of Captain Marvel, and view that as the one unappealing film on the schedule. I much preferred Carol as Ms Marvel, but, of course, I didn't expect that to happen either.
    I know Kevin feels the same about Mar-vell, but Carol makes sense. What other female Marvel character could handle handle a solo & fresh hero? How many people said a solo Widow movie wouldn't work? Plus, not they can sign an unknown & pay peanuts instead of big bucks for ScarJo.

M
  • Options
    Plus, Carol Danvers is a great bridge between the Avengers and the GotG teams.
  • Options

I don't know that version enough to be certain, but I think the idea of Carol is to get another cosmic character.

M

If they wanted Carol and cosmic, then Binary is clearly the best option. I assume the Starjammers are tied up at Fox, as is Rogue, but I feel like they could have worked around this somehow
  • Options
    Matt said:

I know Kevin feels the same about Mar-vell, but Carol makes sense. What other female Marvel character could handle handle a solo & fresh hero? How many people said a solo Widow movie wouldn't work? Plus, not they can sign an unknown & pay peanuts instead of big bucks for ScarJo.

M
    Jen Walters
  • Options
    Matt said:

bamfbamf said:

Isn't it a little early to state "the dreck that will be Civil War." They established tension between Cap & Stark in Avengers & it's continuing in Avengers 2. It's not sounding like a storyline crowbarred into 1 movie.

M
    You're right, of course. It could be great. But it just doesn't seem to be the story for me. I hated the second Cap movie. The Civil War story in the comics was unreadable. That does not make a good combination for me. Now, if they put Diamondback and Sidewinder and company in there with Steve, then that would be something I'd very much want to see.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited October 2014
    Matt said:

bamfbamf said:

M
    That and Feige stated something along the lines that the story in Civil War was going to focus more on the continuing fallout of Cap 2 and Avengers 2, government oversight on a global level, who the heroes should answer to and what gives them the right to be these heroes in the first place.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think that as Carol Danvers is the original Ms Marvel, and was an Avenger LONG before Monica Rambeau, and Carol is also the current Captain Marvel - she should be the screen version of Captain Marvel. I Applaud Marvel for their choices so far. The only thing that would've been better would be a Jennifer "She Hulk" Walters legal procedural streaming series announcement for me.

Furthermore, Civil War is a perfectly tailored story arc to culminate in what's been building since the first Avengers movie. Also, a great way to get Stark/Downey Jr in another sequel without going the Iron Man IV route.

And for what it's worth, I even want Ghost Rider, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Defenders, Nova, Howard the Duck, and even Blade - and every other Marvel movie character that Marvel has the rights to and then some up in this Infinity War movie(s). Make it a huge send-off.
  • Options

I hated the second Cap movie.

Wow. That would make a nice entry on the "Beloved movies you don't care for" thread. I thought Winter Soldier was one of the best, if not *the* best, comic book movies ever made.

• Options

Matt said:

M
    Jen Walters
    I knew someone would mention her, which is why I added "fresh." Regardless of what she can do, she's still a Hulk. Why have 2 Hulk characters instead of 2 separate characters.

M
  • Options

M

If they wanted Carol and cosmic, then Binary is clearly the best option. I assume the Starjammers are tied up at Fox, as is Rogue, but I feel like they could have worked around this somehow

I think Carol is better a Marvel then Binary. Plus, with "Marvel" in her code name, you're adding to the brand (which shares the same name.)

Ultimately, Diana is equal to DC, a female Captain Marvel can more easily get inserted into an average moviegoer's mindset.

M
  • Options

I think that as Carol Danvers is the original Ms Marvel, and was an Avenger LONG before Monica Rambeau, and Carol is also the current Captain Marvel - she should be the screen version of Captain Marvel. I Applaud Marvel for their choices so far. The only thing that would've been better would be a Jennifer "She Hulk" Walters legal procedural streaming series announcement for me.

Furthermore, Civil War is a perfectly tailored story arc to culminate in what's been building since the first Avengers movie. Also, a great way to get Stark/Downey Jr in another sequel without going the Iron Man IV route.

And for what it's worth, I even want Ghost Rider, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Defenders, Nova, Howard the Duck, and even Blade - and every other Marvel movie character that Marvel has the rights to and then some up in this Infinity War movie(s). Make it a huge send-off.

I think She-Hulk would be a great character to incorporate into the Netflix line.

M