Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Depends on how it unfolds tonight. Something compels Ollie to go to the League of Assassins. I guess we'll see how it goes down tonight.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    My guess is Ollie will be missing from Starling City for several episodes (before the Lazarus Pit comes into play) which will require Ray Palmer to suit up.

Very good episode!
  • Options
    I can't wait six weeeeeeeks!!!
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Really good episode I loved the Flash mid season finale but I liked this even more. Ra's is a beast like he should be. His fight with Ollie wasn't even close and it shouldn't be. Stephen said in an interview that he would be in every episode but some of them will only be Flashbacks this must be what he meant.

• Options
    I was not interested in seeing Malcom back on the show but he really made it pay off. That was some serious manipulation.
  • Options
    I, personally, LOVED the choice to have NO music during the fight scene between Ra's and Ollie. Helluva episode.
  • Options
    That fight scene. It was amazing.
  • Options
    "I'll take your blades from you once you're through with them."

• Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited December 2014
    Couple of things:

A) Anyone notice how Ray said that the original acronym for his suit was O-M-A-C but he prefers A-T-O-M? We knew it was an acronym for the suit, but did we know it was made from re-purposed OMAC stuff?

B) Ra's says in the episode that it has been "67 years" since someone had challenged him to a trial by combat. This makes me think that when Oliver comes back it'll be for one of two reasons, the first being related to this statement:

1) The Lazarus pit will play a factor. Ra's doesn't look a day older than his early to mid 40's. So clearly something's up. While Arrow has been attempting to avoid the supernatural/meta side of the DC Universe (not hugely, but slightly) I think that it makes sense to pit Arrow against supernatural stuff he can deal with. Like you can't mess with someone who can fly and lift a forklift like it was nothing, but you sure as hell can fight someone who's only supernatural talent is his access to eternal youth. So the first possibility becomes that Ollie is brought to a Lazurus pit.

2) Another possibility has to do with the cold. You know how they say you should put a severed toe/finger/etc. on ice so they can reattach it? I think that, somehow, they might say Olivers injury's just barely missed critical arteries and the cold preserved him/kept him alive/kept him from losing too much blood so whomever could rescue him. I don't like this theory for one very simple reason. Ra's is too good to "miss" the right spots to strike a lethal blow. Unless of course he wanted Oliver alive for some reason. Which I doubt. Because that doesn't sound like Ra's to me.
  • Options
    I'm just very curious to see how he comes back. Also, I am curious to see what will happen when it comes out about Sarah's death.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited December 2014
    Marc Singer (Beastmaster) will appear on later this season as "Gen. Matthew Shrieve" - relatively obscure DC Comics character from the Creature Commandos. Trivia alert: Marc Singer is a cousin of director Bryan Singer.

If you are too young to recall The Beastmaster:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd0vVaT8BWA
  • Options
    I think Ollie positioned himself to be near the cliff. When Ras got the drop on him Ollie could have went backwards but went near the edge of the cliff so he could fall back. Probably reading too much into it but that's what makes it fun!
  • Options

I think Ollie positioned himself to be near the cliff. When Ras got the drop on him Ollie could have went backwards but went near the edge of the cliff so he could fall back. Probably reading too much into it but that's what makes it fun!

Maybe but he got stabbed in his chest with a sword I think he was dead regardless of getting kicked off that mountain.

It's a crazy cliffhanger ending lol. I wonder if when we get back it will be that a lot of time has passed not just 6 weeks. Because doing that they could speed up The Black Canary progress and doing something like that is usually saved for a start of a new season not used in the middle of one.
  • Options

A) Anyone notice how Ray said that the original acronym for his suit was O-M-A-C but he prefers A-T-O-M? We knew it was an acronym for the suit, but did we know it was made from re-purposed OMAC stuff?

Yeah, we saw Ray looking through some acquired OMAC files in an earlier episode. I think this was the first time they made the connection between OMAC and his ATOM outfit, though.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that Roy is going to have a bigger role in the second half of the season which sounds intriguing to me.
  • Options
    I am so excited for this to come back.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jaydee74 said:

I am so excited for this to come back.

Same here I am most excited for this second half than any show. I loved the Flash fall finale but with Arrow there are so many routes they can take. And I think it's really interesting that there main character is gone for a few episodes.

And I'm hoping the do a Quiver like story for his return.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    jaydee74 said:

That fight scene. It was amazing.

It really was.

Best fight choreography of the series so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Good solid episode not amazing but good. Spoilers for Episode 10 "Left Behind"

I liked seeing Roy and Digg in action Roy I think continues to grow and I hope he shines the most in Ollie's absence. I'm not sure if Felicity was overreacting or not? But I think it's understandable why she would. I really liked Ray this episode in that one scene with Felicity his character I thought showed a lot of depth.

Malcolm is the most curious to me because he had to know Ollie would fail in killing Ra's so he had to know the death warrant would still be on his head so why send Ollie when you know this? He has to have a bigger plan and I'm still not sure if Merlyn is this season's big bad or Ra's?

Vince Jones was great he's a great actor and glade he'll be around for awhile. I think Laurel's was a natural jump for her I just hope she's not to ba right away she needs to earn that like Ollie did.

And seeing Katana and her ex husband (can't remember name) save Ollie and he's already breathing which maybe disappointing depending on how they saved him.

And a negative for me was all the jumping around with time it had me extremely confused.
  • Options
    Another really good episode.

Roy's progression has been great to see and now they've called him all his nicknames.

I like Laurels progress as well she's definitely having to take her bumps which is great. But her still lying to her Dad about Sarah is just cruel when he finds out she's dead and that they've been lying to him it will be 10 times worse than it would have been.

Vinny Jones is great I really like his character and I like that team still hasn't defeated him.

The Ollie stuff is good I wonder Mayso and Katana son died? And is him saving Ollie apart of Ra's plan?

I like how Malcolm says he loves Thea even though he forced her to commit murder and Thea has to be pretty dumb to trust this guy. And I knew the DJ guy would be a villain.
  • Options
    Yeah, I felt like Roy was really starting to come into his own during this episode.
  • Options
    I'm intrigued about what's going to happen once Ollie comes back to Starling. Thea is so freaking gullible that it almost ruins her character. When she finds out what she's done and she's going to find out, what the hell is going to happen to her? Also, I'm really sick of seeing the gang dupe Captain Lance the way they are. How long is he going to stay in the dark? How long can Laurel do the staying in the shadows and not hug her dad before he gets the hint that the Canary is no longer Sara? For whatever reason, I didn't see the DJ reveal but I like it and I have a feeling that we are going to get a nice confrontation between him and Thea. I also very much liked the confrontation between Roy and Malcolm. It was pretty intense. Good episode overall.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I'm intrigued about what's going to happen once Ollie comes back to Starling. Thea is so freaking gullible that it almost ruins her character. When she finds out what she's done and she's going to find out, what the hell is going to happen to her? Also, I'm really sick of seeing the gang dupe Captain Lance the way they are. How long is he going to stay in the dark? How long can Laurel do the staying in the shadows and not hug her dad before he gets the hint that the Canary is no longer Sara? For whatever reason, I didn't see the DJ reveal but I like it and I have a feeling that we are going to get a nice confrontation between him and Thea. I also very much liked the confrontation between Roy and Malcolm. It was pretty intense. Good episode overall.

The soap-opera B.S. is off the damned charts on this show.

If it weren't for the Ray Palmer storyline, I'd probably go back to watching the show a season at a time.
  • Options
    OK. Thea reading a Brad Meltzer novel was funny as hell.
  • Options
    I do love the Ray Palmer stuff. I can't wait to see the character in action in the costume.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I do love the Ray Palmer stuff. I can't wait to see the character in action in the costume.

Yep.

I hope he takes Felicity with him when he gets spun off.
  • Options
    This show has more ludicrous plot elements (LPEs) per episode than anything else I have ever watched.

And at least half of them seem to involve Laurel Lance.

Flash has plenty of LPEs as well*, but the tone of the show is lighter, so I don't find them as jarring, but Arrow is so goddamned serious about everything, that I find myself yelling "Bullshit!" at the TV every time I watch it.

Even the Louie the Lilac storyline on the 1960s Batman was less ridiculous than the current Brick arc.

Yeah, I know, "Just roll with it, it's fun!" Suspension of disbelief is one thing: suspension of sentience is a bit more difficult.

How can a city with so many freaking skyscrapers have only one police precinct and what, twenty cops? Taxes must be CRAZY low in Starling City! That's the only reason I can see that all those corporations would still be there after the CEO killings, the earthquakes, the armies of crazed Mirikuru soldiers, the nuclear weapon threat by the Freaking Federal Government, and the staggering incompetence of the city's government and judicial system.

Does the Federal government only exist to occasionally try to nuke the city?

Does the Starling City bar exam consist of just making sure you look good in pinstripes?

Does Thea Queen Merlyn ever wonder where those stairs go, or why everyone keeps waltzing through her club to go down them?

Does anyone in authority ever use the security cameras that are everywhere they need to be? If they did, nobody's secret identity would still be a secret, let alone their whereabouts.

*Don't get me started on everyone just accepting STAR Labs illegally incarcerating people.
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel particularly dumb - it didn't occur to me until this week that Tatsu was obviously Katana. Smack me again with that shovel. :-O