Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    hauberk said:

jaydee74 said:

Well, according to Ollie, he was in jail. :D

That might have been believable prior to the island but it's not much of a leap to connecting the arrival of the arrow with Ollie's return and the diss appearance and return of both.
    For Captain Lance not to know is particularly ridiculous. He knows Ollie's bodyguard, his former personal assistant, his ex-girlfriend (Sara) and his sister's ex-boyfriend are all part of Team Arrow, plus he knows that The Vigilante showed up immediately upon Ollie's return from The Island. The bounds of credulity are stretched far, far beyond breaking.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    WetRats said:

hauberk said:

jaydee74 said:

That might have been believable prior to the island but it's not much of a leap to connecting the arrival of the arrow with Ollie's return and the diss appearance and return of both.
    For Captain Lance not to know is particularly ridiculous. He knows Ollie's bodyguard, his former personal assistant, his ex-girlfriend (Sara) and his sister's ex-boyfriend are all part of Team Arrow, plus he knows that The Vigilante showed up immediately upon Ollie's return from The Island. The bounds of credulity are stretched far, far beyond breaking.
    If you remember there was scene last season where he said "he didn't want to know who he is"

He probably knows in his heart who is but he doesn't want to acknowledge it even to himself.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Just watched the new episode and I have super conspiracy theory. I think Thea already knew Ollie was the Arrow I think Malcolm told her and I don't think she was hypothesized into killing Sarah I think this is all one big to screw Ollie and the thing he loves most the City by making Ra's and the League attack Starling.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    WetRats said:

hauberk said:

jaydee74 said:

I agree with MiHawk, @WetRats . He probably knows in his heart and won't acknowledge it. Combine that with the fact that he doesn't want to know.

There was also the time early into season one where Lance arrested Oliver for being the vigilante, and Ollie manipulated it all so that he would be proven to not be the vigilante. (It involved Diggle in the he costume)

I assume Lance would be smart enough to recognize the ploy now then. Maybe.
  • Options

I agree with MiHawk, @WetRats . He probably knows in his heart and won't acknowledge it. Combine that with the fact that he doesn't want to know.

Why?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Why?
    Again watch that season 2 episode it's the one right after Laurel finds out about Ollie and Lance is in prison and almost gets killed.

He tells Laurel if he knew who the Arrow was he wouldn't be able to use him like he does because now there would be a human being behind the mask that has people who cares about him.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited February 2015
    Mihawk said:

WetRats said:

Why?
    Again watch that season 2 episode it's the one right after Laurel finds out about Ollie and Lance is in prison and almost gets killed.

He tells Laurel if he knew who the Arrow was he wouldn't be able to use him like he does because now there would be a human being behind the mask that has people who cares about him.
    Once again, MiHawk beats me to the punch, @WetRats. That should answer your question.

(Season 2 was when Lance turned from hating the Arrow to being willing to use him)
  • Options
    Good episode. Getting Slade involved is always good. Why Waller wouldn't stick him in the Suicide Squad I don't know? I think they kinda tried to humanize her in that flashback in the end but I still think she'll be a villain at some point.

Really like how the writer's really understand there show because before it used to be on Island it was a flashback and in Starlings it was the present but this week they reversed that.

I think Thea will play along that line of killing or not maybe even being the one that kills Malcolm?
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

Really like how the writer's really understand there show because before it used to be on Island it was a flashback and in Starlings it was the present but this week they reversed that.

Yes!

That was very nice.
  • Options
    I like the fact that nearly all the secrets are out now.

Can this mean a decrease of the show's soap opera cliches?
  • Options
    I really want it to turn out that Ray Palmer figured out that Ollie was the Arrow before he even appeared on the show, and that he knows that Felicity works for his team.

Is it too much to ask that a smart guy actually be written as smart?
  • Options
    Loved the slam on the hoodie as disguise.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

That's a very sharp observation. I'd completely missed that.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I really want it to turn out that Ray Palmer figured out that Ollie was the Arrow before he even appeared on the show, and that he knows that Felicity works for his team.

Is it too much to ask that a smart guy actually be written as smart?

I think he clearly knows.
  • Options
    There is one thing I'm confused about this week's episode is a while back the lead show runner said the title of this episode "The Return" didn't refer to Ollie or Slade.

So if it wasn't either of them then who was it?
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

There is one thing I'm confused about this week's episode is a while back the lead show runner said the title of this episode "The Return" didn't refer to Ollie or Slade.

So if it wasn't either of them then who was it?

It wasn't the return on Ollie from near-death or Slade to the show.

It was really two returns.

Flashback Ollie to Starling and Nowtime Ollie to the island.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    I enjoyed this episode for two reasons:
    1. Pretty much all the secrets are known to everyone.
    2. We didn't have to hear Felicity and her terrible "crying" voice. (Please just let her be funny, smart, quippy because she doesn't do "emotional" very well.)
  • Options
    kgforce said:

2. We didn't have to hear Felicity and her terrible "crying" voice. (Please just let her be funny, smart, quippy because she doesn't do "emotional" very well.)

I don't think it's a reflection on the performance, it's just that the Ollie/Felicity "romance" does not ring true.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

kgforce said:

I don't think it's a reflection on the performance, it's just that the Ollie/Felicity "romance" does not ring true.
    I think that's the case because her and Ray are better and even her and Barry are better. I feel like the writers felt pressured from the massive amount of fans who wanted this into doing this stuff with Oliver and Felicity.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    jaydee74 said:

All of this is very interesting and I'm thinking even though we see what the evidence says about who killed Sarah, I still think it's Ra's.

Didn't the "evidence" also show the arrow that killed her was "thrown and not fired"? lol.

• Options
    batlaw said:

jaydee74 said:

All of this is very interesting and I'm thinking even though we see what the evidence says about who killed Sarah, I still think it's Ra's.

Didn't the "evidence" also show the arrow that killed her was "thrown and not fired"? lol.

I think it was more about the angle and the force was supposed to be stronger which is why I thought it could have been a crossbow.

love Arrow but this season has been weird to me because unlike the other 2 seasons the villain (Ra's) isn't seemingly really trying to be combative. To me he really isn't even the villain to me Malcolm has been more of the Villain because all of this is because of him.

When Sarah died it was like OK this season has an objective now but since finding out Thea killed her via Malcolm in an anticlimactic way imo there really hasn't felt like there's a path to me.

Maybe will find out that all of this was Ra's big plan in some way to try and get Ollie to become The Head Of The Demon. But I kinda don't think so. And I still feel like it would have been far more dramatic if Tommy was the one that killed Sarah making him the new arch enemy of Arrow.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

love Arrow but this season has been weird to me

Yep.

It doesn't seem to have a strong season arc to it.

I don't know if it's a thematic choice having to do with the halfway point in Ollie's journey from murderous vigilante to The Green Arrow, or just a kind of directionless muddle.

The Atom subplot continues to be the most interesting element to me. (Though he seems more Iron Man than Atom so far.)
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Mihawk said:

love Arrow but this season has been weird to me

Yep.

It doesn't seem to have a strong season arc to it.

I don't know if it's a thematic choice having to do with the halfway point in Ollie's journey from murderous vigilante to The Green Arrow, or just a kind of directionless muddle.

The Atom subplot continues to be the most interesting element to me. (Though he seems more Iron Man than Atom so far.)
    This is really a season of transition. You have Laurel trying to transition into the Canary.

Roy this is really the first year he's really apart of the team because he never really fit last year because of the Miru Kuru. But now he really has become Arsenal.

Felicity she's becoming more stand out more of a leadership role and standing up to Ollie. And for better or worse her and Ollie's relationship.

Diggle he's in transition to because he's really becoming the least relevant which is why I do hope they make him a Green Lantern. And that's what I liked most about this week's episode is that he was the one that went with Ollie because they where the ones that started this.

Thea she's transitioning into a fighter who's now trying to stay on that line of good and bad.

Malcolm he is also trying to transition from guy he is now back to he was before his wife's death.

And with Ollie really don't know he's transition? I understand at some point he will go from Arrow to Green Arrow but I'm not really getting the journey? And his flashback where seeing him getting closer and closer to how he became what he was in season 1.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

And with Ollie really don't know he's transition? I understand at some point he will go from Arrow to Green Arrow but I'm not really getting the journey? And his flashback where seeing him getting closer and closer to how he became what he was in season 1.

He's been making an unwilling transition from a lone wolf to the leader of a team to a member of a team.

Now he's being offered the chance to be the head of an incredibly powerful* worldwide organization.

*OK, the rank-and-file League assassins are pretty lame, but there are lots of them!
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

Diggle he's in transition to because he's really becoming the least relevant which is why I do hope they make him a Green Lantern.

Where does this come from?

Seems unlikely, considering they're planning on using Green Lantern in the movies.

Although, since they're using The Flash as well, I suppose it's possible.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed seeing Merlyn effortlessly trounce Laurel with his hands behind his back.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I really enjoyed seeing Merlyn effortlessly trounce Laurel with his hands behind his back.

Maybe she will rethink the whole vigilante thing now?
  • Options

WetRats said:

Maybe she will rethink the whole vigilante thing now?
    Nah.

She's gonna get Nyssa to train her.