Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: The Avengers

I finally finished my work on The Avengers today! Whew - holy crap that was hard! I supervised a huge sequence plus did about 19 shots on the show (some of them had been in progress since last June and only finaled a week or so ago)! I can't wait for everyone to see it. I haven't see the whole thing myself, but I know people who have and they said it was REALLY good. I know it comes out the same weekend as the Super Wild Pig Show, but I hope everyone takes some time to go see it. I've got a really good feeling about this.....

Comments

• Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    Hmmm, not sure about the "question" label. I'm sure I'll figure out this new forum eventually. Its only like the 5th one we've been through....
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Maybe it's like Jeopardy.

"What is the next movie showing off the amazing talents of Mr. Fusion?"
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I know it comes out the same weekend as the Super Wild Pig Show, but I hope everyone takes some time to go see it. I've got a really good feeling about this.....
    Oh, I got the whole thing planned already. Either a midnight showing Thursday night and then leaving for NJ on Friday or (if it's too much of a pain to go to the midnight show on the Big-D) earliest Friday show and then taking off for NJ.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Congrats on finishing the movie... =D>

I can't wait to see it.....

Keep this to yourself Tom but I plan on playing hooky from work to see it. ;)
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Congrats!

I'm looking forward to watching it.
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    Awesome to hear. Can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    Your hard work is always appreciative. My four year old daughter loved Rango and so did I. Can't wait to see your latest work. Whats next for you, Tom?

HULK LIKE MOVING PICTURES
    NO LIKE PUNY 3D GLASSES
    HULK SMASH MOVIE SCREEN!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I heard Neil Patrick Harris on the Nerdist podcast recently and the subject of Joss Whedon came up since NPH was in Dr. Horrible, and he said that he heard from everyone who's seen it that it's great because not only are the action sequences good, but so are the "people are sitting around the table talking" scenes since it's Joss.
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    Whats next for you, Tom?
    Thanks so much for everyone's kind words. It makes all those weekends and late nights
    worth it. :)

I'm on vacation for a few weeks and then I start up on Pacific Rim.

• Options
    ajcasperiteajcasperite Posts: 221
    I heard Neil Patrick Harris on the Nerdist podcast recently and the subject of Joss Whedon came up since NPH was in Dr. Horrible, and he said that he heard from everyone who's seen it that it's great because not only are the action sequences good, but so are the "people are sitting around the table talking" scenes since it's Joss.
    I heard the same Podcast. Can't wait as well.
    Love the Nerdist.
  • Options
  • Options
    This movie can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    "We Have a Hulk"

So far still the best line
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    "We Have a Hulk"

So far still the best line
    I kinda like "Yeah." too.

• Options
    Avengers sells out... for AMC.
    AMC Theatres made the announcement today and is adding more shows at participating locations. The May 3rd event will feature 6 Marvel movies including the May 4th midnight release of Marvel’s The Avengers in RealD 3D. Price is $40 for the movies, an event lanyard, and maybe a pair of limited-edition Avenger character RealD 3D glasses if supplies last. I think this amply demonstrates that fans will pay extra for theatrical events. Remember when Dreamgirls opened in 2006 a week ahead of release with a $25-per-ticket event playing 10 days in three theatres with reserved seating, themed lobby displays, merchandise booths, and a limited-edition program?

The advance tickets for what’s billed as ’The Ultimate Marvel Marathon’ sold out at 10 AMC locations across the country a month ahead of the event: AMC Empire 25, New York AMC Downtown Disney 24, Orlando AMC Sunset Place 24, Miami AMC Downtown Disney 12, Los Angeles AMC Burbank 16, Los Angeles AMC Ontario Mills 30, Los Angeles AMC Loews Boston Common 19, Boston AMC Garden State 16, New Jersey AMC Loews Metreon 16, San Francisco AMC Courtney Park 16, Toronto. The 6 Marvel movies which begin playing at 11:30 AM are (in order): Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor (presented in RealD 3D), Captain America: The First Avenger (presented in RealD 3D), and Marvel’s The Avengers. AMC operates 347 theatres with 5,048 screens across the United States and Canada.
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/marvels-the-avengers-marathon-event-sells-out-amc-theatres-one-month-ahead-of-release/
  • Options
    WOW

A lot of people have a lot of free time on their hands... :P
  • Options
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    @KyleMoyer or anybody else, can you tell me who is compromised? I can't quite get it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have no idea. I'm assuming we'll find out on May 4th and I'm also assuming that was intentionally released as part of the teaser scene to get people talking and wondering. Mysterious comment + Black Widow kicking ass + bouncing boobs = internet nerdgasm, which I'm sure was the goal.
  • Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    @KyleMoyer or anybody else, can you tell me who is compromised? I can't quite get it.
    Isn't he saying, "Barton has been compromised?" That's what I hear, at least.
  • Options
    I actually couldn't understand what he was saying at that part at all.
  • Options
    gavigavi Posts: 41
    I hear "Barton" as well
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited April 2012
    AMC Theatres made the announcement today and is adding more shows at participating locations. The May 3rd event will feature 6 Marvel movies including the May 4th midnight release of Marvel’s The Avengers in RealD 3D. Price is $40 for the movies, an event lanyard, and maybe a pair of limited-edition Avenger character RealD 3D glasses if supplies last. I think this amply demonstrates that fans will pay extra for theatrical events. Remember when Dreamgirls opened in 2006 a week ahead of release with a $25-per-ticket event playing 10 days in three theatres with reserved seating, themed lobby displays, merchandise booths, and a limited-edition program?

The advance tickets for what’s billed as ’The Ultimate Marvel Marathon’ sold out at 10 AMC locations across the country a month ahead of the event: AMC Empire 25, New York AMC Downtown Disney 24, Orlando AMC Sunset Place 24, Miami AMC Downtown Disney 12, Los Angeles AMC Burbank 16, Los Angeles AMC Ontario Mills 30, Los Angeles AMC Loews Boston Common 19, Boston AMC Garden State 16, New Jersey AMC Loews Metreon 16, San Francisco AMC Courtney Park 16, Toronto. The 6 Marvel movies which begin playing at 11:30 AM are (in order): Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor (presented in RealD 3D), Captain America: The First Avenger (presented in RealD 3D), and Marvel’s The Avengers. AMC operates 347 theatres with 5,048 screens across the United States and Canada.
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/marvels-the-avengers-marathon-event-sells-out-amc-theatres-one-month-ahead-of-release/
    Actually, $41.00 bucks (there was a $1.00 online transaction fee) isn't bad for a six movie pass (three of which will be shown in 3-D). I'll probably have to bail on one of the showings (obviously not The Avengers), to attend a rehearsal, but even If I can see just five of the six, I'm still only paying around 8 bucks a movie. Considering the 3D showings usually run around 15 bucks in these parts, the movie marathon is reasonably priced. Factor in the event's geek camaraderie aspect, and this is an easy sell. I just bought my ticket for a showing at the AMC Mercardo in Santa Clara, CA. Luckily for me, a local theater was one of the added venues and tickets are still available.

Check ticket availability here: http://go.amctheatres.com/marvel
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Actually $41.00 bucks (there was a $1.00 online transaction fee) isn't bad for a six movie pass (three of which will be shown in 3-D). I'll probably have to bail on one of the showings (obviously not The Avengers), to attend a rehearsal, but even If I can see just five of the six, I'm still only paying around 8 bucks a movie. Considering the 3D showings usually run around 15 bucks in these parts, the movie marathon is reasonably priced. Factor in the event's geek camaraderie aspect, and this is an easy sell. I just bought my ticket for a showing at the AMC Mercardo in Santa Clara, CA. Luckily for me, a local theater was one of the added venues and tickets are still available.

Check ticket availability here: http://go.amctheatres.com/marvel
    If I could go, I would no question. Alas, there isn't one in Philly and even if there was, I couldn't go anyway.

EDIT - just clicked on your link and realized there was one in Philly (I think I was thinking of something else actually), but I still can't go anyway.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited April 2012
    EDIT - just clicked on your link and realized there was one in Philly (I think I was thinking of something else actually), but I still can't go anyway.
    I suspect the Philly venues were added recently. Initially, the event sold out nationwide, but when the popularity of these marathons was realized, AMC added several more locations. Tickets are still available at some of those recently added theaters, and it looks as if both theaters in Philly still have tickets (at least as of this post).

• Options
    I suspect the Philly venues were added recently. Initially, the event sold out nationwide, but when the popularity of these marathons was realized, AMC added several more locations. Tickets are still available at some of those recently added theaters, and it looks as if both theaters in Philly still have tickets (at least as of this post).

What I was thinking of was the April 14 sneak previews of the film. That's not in Philly (at least not yet). I kinda hope that one does not get announced in Philly because I'll probably try to go, but I'll have to get there really early. I'll be waiting in line all day and might not even get in when I have more productive things to be doing. But I'll be so tempted to try. The May 3 thing is easy. I flat out can't go.
  • Options
    But if they do announce one in Philly (they're announcing a few more cities this weekend I think) and I do manage to get into the theater, my gloating will be insufferable. Unless the movie sucks which I'm not expecting at all.
  • Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    I wish they'd do this internationally. There's a bitchin' AMC in Manchester.