Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Recent/Upcoming

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I liked the first one. Despite it having Will Smith in it. But the second one I didn't like at all.
    If you're not a Will Smith fan, don't waste your time. He carries the whole movie.

Also.

If you're not a Will Smith fan, what the heck's wrong with you? He's the Most Likeable Man in America! B-)
    I have never liked Will Smith. Find him to be a horrible actor and he plays the same person in every film I have seen.

• Options
    Will smith is an overexposed overrated performer who attempts to act. I won't even call him an actor. Acting is the opposite of what will smith does. He is a charming person which reflects in characters he portrays that are closest to him.
    Seeing your post under the trailer for "Django Unchained", a film that Will Smith turned down, only drives your point home even more.

He's a likable guy who almost never challenges himself when choosing roles.

When I first heard about Django Unchained and then heard that Will Smith was gonna be the lead,I realized it would be the first Tarentino film I didn't go see in theaters. Thankfully Jamie Foxx got the lead.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Will smith is an overexposed overrated performer who attempts to act. I won't even call him an actor. Acting is the opposite of what will smith does. He is a charming person which reflects in characters he portrays that are closest to him.
    Sounds like a fair description of at least half of Hollywood's A-list.

Starting with Harrison Ford.

*ducks*
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    That said
    I hated the first two mibs. Have no interest to see 3.
    I looooved that cartoon though. So good.
    I think its the entertainment media that has overexposed him... he hasnt been in a movie in 4 years, so its not like we've sat thru year after year of Will Smith movies... at least not lately.

There are plenty of "actors" who fall into the same catagory (they just "play themselves" and luckily the public seems to like that) heck I think Cruise is in the same boat, along with about 90% of the pool of romantic-comedy actors and actresses...
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    I also think the flopping of 7 pounds made Smith reevaluate what he needed to do next, and between that and his son's increased career workload (and I think Will has been hands on in taking care of/protecting his son from the Hollywood craziness that could be all around him) the 4 years off was a long time for an A list actor to not produce.

Can anyone think of another A list actor with that much time off?
  • Options

*ducks*
    And that is sad cause at one time Mr Ford was a great actor. But it seems the past 20 years he just doesn't care anymore. I have always been more into character actors than the A-list. See my favorite actor is Steve Buscemi,who is far from being A-list. But he has proven to me he has great range as an actor.

• Options
    That said
    I hated the first two mibs. Have no interest to see 3.
    I looooved that cartoon though. So good.
    I think its the entertainment media that has overexposed him... he hasnt been in a movie in 4 years, so its not like we've sat thru year after year of Will Smith movies... at least not lately.

There are plenty of "actors" who fall into the same catagory (they just "play themselves" and luckily the public seems to like that) heck I think Cruise is in the same boat, along with about 90% of the pool of romantic-comedy actors and actresses...

Tom Cruise is another actor who's films I avoid. If I want to see one note acting I will go watch an 80s horror film. Which I love. But from a big budget mainstream film I expect a little more.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

*ducks*
    And that is sad cause at one time Mr Ford was a great actor. But it seems the past 20 years he just doesn't care anymore. I have always been more into character actors than the A-list. See my favorite actor is Steve Buscemi,who is far from being A-list. But he has proven to me he has great range as an actor.

Buscemi's so good in Boardwalk Empire.
  • Options

*ducks*

He is the main reason I wanted to see the show. Cause before Boardwalk Empire all the HBO shows I have seen didn't impress me much. I rented the first disc of season 1 of BE when it came out. Watched the first episode and then drove to town and bought the season 1 set. Then acquired copies of the second season. And now when season 3 starts airing I am getting HBO for the time it is airing.

• Options

*ducks*
    Hear that? Thats the sound of me slipping the safety off of my BlasTech Industries DL-44...

• Options

*ducks*

He is the main reason I wanted to see the show. Cause before Boardwalk Empire all the HBO shows I have seen didn't impress me much. I rented the first disc of season 1 of BE when it came out. Watched the first episode and then drove to town and bought the season 1 set. Then acquired copies of the second season. And now when season 3 starts airing I am getting HBO for the time it is airing.

So... what's there to dislike about this post?
  • Options

*ducks*

So... what's there to dislike about this post?
    There seems to be someone that goes around disliking anything I post. I have an idea who it is. But really don't give a fuck.

• Options
    @dubbat138 I dislike everything you say but only on the inside.
  • Options
    @dubbat138 I dislike everything you say but only on the inside.

Thanks Mike it is good to know someone has my back.
  • Options

*ducks*
    Hear that? Thats the sound of me slipping the safety off of my BlasTech Industries DL-44...
    Good for me that you can't shoot first anymore!
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Weekend Box Office, June 10th.

Domestic
    1. Madagascar 3 (New) - $60.3M
    2. Prometheus (New) - $51M
    3. Snow White and the Huntsman (Week 2) - $23M
    4. Men in Black 3 (Week 3) - $13.8M
    5. The Avengers (Week 6) - $11.2M
    6. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Week 6) - $3.2M
    7. What to Expect When You're Expecting (Week 4) - $2.7M
    8. Battleship (Week 4) - $2.27M
    9. The Dictator (Week 4) - $2.24M
    10. Moonrise Kingdom (Week 3) - $1.55M

Foreign
    1. Madagascar 3 (New) - $77.3M
    2. Prometheus (Week 2) - $38.6M
    3. Men in Black 3 (Week 3) - $38M
    4. Snow White and the Huntsman (Week 2) - $24.1M
    5. The Avengers (Week 7) - $8.2M
  • Options
    Hugh Laurie to play the OmniCorp CEO in the RoboCop remake.
    movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/hugh-laurie-signs-juicy-robocop-role-182822776.html
    I developed a new respect for Hugh Laurie after watching all of Black Adder last year. But do we really need a remake of Robocop? Why not make a sequel.

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

I developed a new respect for Hugh Laurie after watching all of Black Adder last year. But do we really need a remake of Robocop? Why not make a sequel.

Because the sequels mostly stunk, and are considered failures (or at least the third one is).
  • Options
    Watch a bit of fry and Laurie. That is some good stuff
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Watch a bit of fry and Laurie. That is some good stuff
    Quoted for truth!
  • Options

Because the sequels mostly stunk, and are considered failures (or at least the third one is).
    Then do a sequel that ignores the other sequels.

• Options
    Because a sequel would need to evoke the cleverness and biting satire of the original, while a remake can just be "dark" and "gritty".

~X(
  • Options
    Darren Aronovsky was originally attached to robocop a few years ago. The studio accepted his vision of the story. He was to have complete control over it. He has been jonsing to make a comic book movie since before the Fountain. Eh even released a poster!
    Then the studio stepped in and wanted 3D. He refused. (remember when a bunch of directors were doing this?) the studio insisted. He walked.
    So now this new remake will be an entirely studio controlled mockery of anything.
    Maybe it will be as food as Spawn?
  • Options
    Darren Aronovsky was originally attached to robocop a few years ago. The studio accepted his vision of the story. He was to have complete control over it. He has been jonsing to make a comic book movie since before the Fountain. Eh even released a poster!
    Then the studio stepped in and wanted 3D. He refused. (remember when a bunch of directors were doing this?) the studio insisted. He walked.
    So now this new remake will be an entirely studio controlled mockery of anything.
    Maybe it will be as food as Spawn?
    Uh, you do realize that you weren't supposed to eat the Spawn movie?
  • Options
    Better than watching it...
  • Options
    Set Pictures from Ben Stiller's adaptation of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
    movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/kristen-wiig-ben-stiller-share-secret-life-155651791.html
  • Options
    Better than watching it...
    ....When I first saw the Spawn movie in theatres, I liked it. What's up with that?

Maybe I need to rewatch it and see everything my younger self missed.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Cant find a better place to post this but I have got to vent on how completely rediculous and aweful Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance was! Didnt get to see it till last night on VoD. What the hell was that?
  • Options
    Cant find a better place to post this but I have got to vent on how completely rediculous and aweful Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance was! Didnt get to see it till last night on VoD. What the hell was that?
    Pants and almost fell asleep in it. So bad.
    The spinning part and Christopher lambert's role will haunt me forever.
    It should have been called ghost rider what has been seen cannot be unseen