Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617

I also enjoyed the new Gilmore Girls.

My only issue is that it could have used some editing. The 6 hr project could have been cut to 5 hrs without sacrificing much from the story. For example, The Stars Hollow Musical could have went from 10 mins to 1-2 mins and the story would not have been negatively effected.

They should have shown the whole Kirk movie, and cut a few minutes from the musical. However we would have missed the non-breaking whiskey glass, and the shrink smoking scenes.

Also if you were "shocked" by the ending you weren't paying attention from the brigade scene on.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited November 2016
    The brigade scene needed at least an edit and at best a complete redo. The same thing could have been done with them taking Rory to a bar and getting sloshed instead of creating a music video parody.

Besides the Brigade and Musical, I am pretty good with just about everything else. Maybe some minor edits here and there but nothing major.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    I wonder if the scripts weren't dictated to some extant by the availability of certain actors over others. There have been criticisms over too much Logan and not enough Jess, but that could be simply because Matt Czuchry schedule was more open than Milo Ventimiglias. And Amy and Daniel Palladino accommodated that.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Spent three days watching the two seasons of Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated. The continuous story line was good, Patrick Warburton was a plus and the little bits of Maurice Lamarche as a Vincent Price type character was gold.
  • Options
    Halt and Catch Fire (Season 2) - Really enjoy this show, not the peak of perfection but I really like the combination of workplace drama, interpersonal relationships, and early 80s nostalgia
  • Options
    With all the Star Wars goodness going on lm working my water through the clone wars
  • Options

With all the Star Wars goodness going on lm working my water through the clone wars

Ive been going back over clone wars too.

I'm still loving Grand Tour. The two parter episode made me want a beach buggy, mine would probably be more like Hammond's though.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Troll hunters. Watched the first four episodes. Fun
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

I am, too.

Just watched the ones with Captain Tarkin and Captain Ackbar.

Fun stuff.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Not Netflix, but El Rey Network just got added to my package, and it is awesome. Watching Five Deadly Venoms now while I work.
  • Options
    About halfway through the 1st season of "The Crown" (about Queen Elizabeth and the House of Windsor). Outstanding. John Lithgow as Churchill is amazing.
  • Options

Not Netflix, but El Rey Network just got added to my package, and it is awesome. Watching Five Deadly Venoms now while I work.

Freakin' A. Five Deadly Venoms is one of my favorite Kung Fu movies.

In no order Top 5 (pre 1985)

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

5 Deadly Venoms

36th Chamber of Shaolin (return to is also a great Wu Tang album)

Enter the Dragon

Master of the Flying Guillotine
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Freakin' A. Five Deadly Venoms is one of my favorite Kung Fu movies.

In no order Top 5 (pre 1985)

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

5 Deadly Venoms

Enter the Dragon

Master of the Flying Guillotine
    It was four or five Hong Kong flicks back-to-back, hosted by RZA. I came in about a third of the way into Five Deadly Venoms, but I watched all of Crippled Avengers, and the first few minutes of The Shaolin Avengers before calling it a night. Next week it’s House of Traps and the Brave Archer trilogy.

Also of interest to you, they show Lucha Underground on Wednesdays.
  • Options

About halfway through the 1st season of "The Crown" (about Queen Elizabeth and the House of Windsor). Outstanding. John Lithgow as Churchill is amazing.

Really liked the Crown
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    DAR said:

Really liked the Crown
    My wife and I enjoyed immensely. Long wait until season two (November 2017).

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

We just wrapped it up yesterday. I quite agree.

Spent quite a bit of time confined to the sickbed this last week. While there I burned my way through Penny Dreadful which I thought was pretty solid. Also managed time for The Big Short - not my typical movie choice but I quite enjoyed it.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

El Rey is currently showing all three 36th Chamber movies back-to-back-to-back.
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

El Rey is currently showing all three 36th Chamber movies back-to-back-to-back.
    I've watched 36th Chamber and Return to the 36th Chamber, but that is all. Return was okay.
  • Options
    Been crushing the first two seasons of Vikings over on Prime
  • Options
    Vikings is great. This current season in particular has been phenomenal.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

I will second (or third?) Vikings. It's one of the best shows on television that no one seems to be talking about. Season 3 is the weakest IMO, but now that I'm almost caught up with season 4, I think it was used to set up this whole season. Not totally happy with what's transpired in the past few episodes, but satisfying television. If anyone is reading this and hasn't seen the show, do yourself a favor and watch it. Pronto.

Skál!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

El Rey and Epix Drive In Channel are the only reasons I bother with TV. Between Lucha Underground,the action movie double features each Monday,Thursdays Martial Arts triple features and Fridays 3 to 4 film Creature Features,plus all the Knight Rider reruns,EL Rey is the best channel I have seen in decades.

• Options
    dubbat138 said:

El Rey and Epix Drive In Channel are the only reasons I bother with TV. Between Lucha Underground,the action movie double features each Monday,Thursdays Martial Arts triple features and Fridays 3 to 4 film Creature Features,plus all the Knight Rider reruns,EL Rey is the best channel I have seen in decades.

I like Rodriguez's Directors Chair interview shows on El Ray, too.

• Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited January 2017
    fredzilla said:

Season 3 is the weakest IMO, but now that I'm almost caught up with season 4, I think it was used to set up this whole season. Not totally happy with what's transpired in the past few episodes, but satisfying television. If anyone is reading this and hasn't seen the show, do yourself a favor and watch it. Pronto.

This week's episode looks epic.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

I will second (or third?) Vikings. It's one of the best shows on television that no one seems to be talking about. Season 3 is the weakest IMO, but now that I'm almost caught up with season 4, I think it was used to set up this whole season. Not totally happy with what's transpired in the past few episodes, but satisfying television. If anyone is reading this and hasn't seen the show, do yourself a favor and watch it. Pronto.

Skál!

It's entertaining, but the *history* is godawful.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    WetRats said:

fredzilla said:

Skál!

I believe the show is based off the sagas (of which I've never read or heard), and not necessarily the actual history. Kinda like Beowulf. Now, if you beef is that it's on the History channel, I see where you are coming from. I'm not sure about the history either. But it is entertaining.
  • Options
    The History Channel lost any semblance of scientific accuracy when their Ancient Aliens series premiered.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Eh, I don't care very much for the history. It's just good entertainment imo.

• Options
    fredzilla said:

WetRats said:

I believe the show is based off the sagas (of which I've never read or heard), and not necessarily the actual history. Kinda like Beowulf. Now, if you beef is that it's on the History channel, I see where you are coming from. I'm not sure about the history either. But it is entertaining.
    The sagas I get, but nonsense like the Danes being afraid to sail into the unknown West is really hard to buy.

Danes had been sailing to Britain for centuries before the Viking era.
  • Options
    I'm a little peeved I just started the first part of season 4