Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Mr_Cosmic said:

aquatroy said:

These have become my favorite candy bar.

Almonds are evil.
    But that's OK because these are cashews, right?
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Torchsong said:

Hudson from Aliens followed closely by Chet.

hauberk said:

mwhitt80 said:

What role do you think of when you think about Bill Paxton's career?

My wife said the "guy from Twister".

Mine will always be Chet; even more than Hudson. He is and always will be Chet.

Chet and Hudson are way up there.

However, I think probably Severen from Near Dark.
    So when Wife and I were discussing Bill Paxton the other night, she reiterated the fact that she has never seen Aliens. Those movies scare her and she never watches scary movies.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2017
    hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

aquatroy said:

Almonds are evil.
    I thought I saw some of "Satan's nuts" in the image.

Cashews are great :)
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

aquatroy said:

Almonds are evil.

It has cashews and almonds. Which makes it doubly delicious.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Mr_Cosmic said:

hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

aquatroy said:

Almonds are evil.

I believe that Satan's Nuts is the name of my new band.

it's been a while since anyone has done that, right?
  • Options
    Satan's Nuts salty and brimstoney. The only thing for a good time
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Mr_Cosmic said:

hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

aquatroy said:

Almonds are evil.

I bet you drink almond milk too.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

aquatroy said:

Almonds are evil.

I bet you drink almond milk too.
    No, but I do enjoy almonds and cranberries/banana in my morning oatmeal.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    So I recently purchased the first volume of All Star Superman. I liked the first issue but Quitely's style is difficult for me to get into.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    It took me a looong time to get into Quitely. There really isn't anyone who draws like him. In the early days I was put off by his style because to me everyone looked constipated. Over time, I came to see all the cool subtleties and neat stuff he was doing with his work, and finally converted into a fan.

Took a long time, though. :)
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited March 2017
    I was a Quitely fan right from the Flex Mentallo miniseries. Quitely, being Scottish, was very much taken with a Scottish humor artist named Dudley Watkins, who created a strip called The Broons, but also worked on popular newspaper strip Oor Wullie, and The Dandy feature “Desperate Dan”. You can really see the influence in how Quitely draws facial features. Quitely’s work is basically a mash-up of Romita and Watkins without the slickness, with a little John Buscema thrown in, but drawn with a fine, slightly rough line approach instead of big and bold.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I've always loved Quitely. I think I first saw him on The Authority, and the boldness (and big chin, big-facedness) of his characters really fit the style and tone of that book, I thought. He reminded me in some ways of Steve Dillon and Howard Chaykin, both of whom I was already a fan of. But I can also see why his style puts some people off. His choices are big choices. To put it in acting terms, it can feel like his characters are sometimes going big- mugging, and chewing the scenery. But I like that kind of acting when it fits. And, generally, I feel like Quitely has done books where it fits.
  • Options
    So I picked up some cheap Marvel Omnibi on eBay. Marvel must have found a ton of Captain America Omnibuses in thier warehouse.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

So I picked up some cheap Marvel Omnibi on eBay. Marvel must have found a ton of Captain America Omnibuses in thier warehouse.

It seems to me that Marvel has a tendency of heavily overprinting most of their books. Especially those tied in with movie releases. Unless it's for something like a Master of Kung Fu collection which I know will have a rather limited shelf life, I will never pay more than half of the cover price of a Marvel book.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I think Howard the duck Omnibus is on the list of stuff they found
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

It seems to me that Marvel has a tendency of heavily overprinting most of their books. Especially those tied in with movie releases. Unless it's for something like a Master of Kung Fu collection which I know will have a rather limited shelf life, I will never pay more than half of the cover price of a Marvel book.
    Yep and these are about 70% off.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Last night I was watching Dr. Strange thinking, "Rachel McAdams is great, but why is she in this movie?"
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

Last night I was watching Dr. Strange thinking, "Rachel McAdams is great, but why is she in this movie?"

Yeah she was given very little to do. You wonder if there was more on the page.

BTW I knew nothing of Dr. Strange but I really liked it. My second favorite comic book film of last year
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I watched Strange this weekend and was thinking the same thing. Maybe they felt audiences wouldn't be interested without a female lead (Tilda Swinton aside as she wasn't a potential romantic interest), and it was too early to introduce Clea?

Great movie, though. I loved it!
  • Options
    Boy I have a problem.
    In 2015 I earned the black basspro card (which means my wife can never find out how much I spent in 2015.)

In 2016 I cut way back; I'm a little surprised basspro didn't revoke my black status.

But toward the end of 2016 I started purchasing some saltwater fishing stuff from tackle direct; now I'm getting special membership privileges that comes with spending to much (to be fair the big Christmas present from dad for myself and brother were put on my account).

And yes I did participate in the better not let your wife see your tackle direct account sale. I bought 2 bubba blades.
  • Options
    Man this sucks.

I love Madden 2007 it is my favorite Madden game of all time. I have been playing it since it came out. Sometime this week my save file got corrupted. Every ridiculous stat. Crazy Mike Vick season game gone.

I hate video games
  • Options
    Went up to DC this weekend to watch my son perform at the Kennedy Center. He’s in the Montana State University Wind Symphony, and they were there as part of the annual Sousa Band Festival. So that was pretty cool.
  • Options
    Wow. Congratulations @nweathington that is awesome.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Click here for a really informative discussion at Reddit by John Jackson Miller, the founder of the Comichron website, which I believe is an invaluable resource for comics research. Miller touches on digital sales numbers, comic sales, circulation, and history.

Well worth a perusal.
  • Options
    I think I've said this before, but I love the finale of Batman Brave and the Bold. It's a top 5 kids show last episode.

Ted McGinley is the best.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I think I've said this before, but I love the finale of Batman Brave and the Bold. It's a top 5 kids show last episode.

Ted McGinley is the best.

Right there with you.
  • Options
    Oh Hollywood

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292

I'd actually be okay if they just did a sequel and completely wiped out Reloaded and Revolutions. Plus Michael B Jordan showing up(FF notwithstanding) is always a plus
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Seems pointless, like most reboots and remakes
  • Options
    DAR said:

Oh Hollywood

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292

I'd actually be okay if they just did a sequel and completely wiped out Reloaded and Revolutions. Plus Michael B Jordan showing up(FF notwithstanding) is always a plus

Actually the pervasiveness of reboots and remakes had me convinced I was IN the matrix...