Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729

Just saw the season finale. BEST. SHOW. EVER.

You have low standards when it comes to shows don't you? But I will say this was hands down one of if not the best season finale this season. It wasn't perfect but there wasn't enough crap to not enjoy.

Why is it, every-time I visit this forum, someone has to take a jab of some sort at myself or my opinions on things?

I won't expand on that, on the off chance that your comment was a joke or not intended to be personal. I don't wish to suddenly freak out on someone unnecessarily.

Here's why I loved this show AND the season finale.

Let's start with the shows I DO keep up with:

Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones
    Community
    2 Broke Girls
    New Girl
    Arrow
    How I Met Your Mother

Opinions on why I watch the shows I watch aside, I ALSO keep up with (or try to keep up with) every silver screen, TV screen & animated movie appearance of DC characters. I'm intimately familiar with the TV show "Smallville" and all the small tiny references to other DC things in that show. ALOT of those were fairly shoe-horned in. They felt UBER forced. In this case, all of these references feel...natural in this show. So I LOVE those references. Which makes me more invested with the show. All season I've been thinking of Stephen Amells 'Oliver Queen' character as stiff. The acting was unemotional. But in this episode he opens up to everyone. Cries when Tommy dies. Accepts Diggles help. Trusts Felicity to get done what needs to be done.

I can't expand more than that really. Makes me very excited for the next season.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Just watched the finale last night... very good! I was expecting someone to shoot and kill Momma Queen during the press conference. (She's my least favorite character/actress on the show... so it was wishful thinking. :D )
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    ^ Well that didn't block-quote the way I thought it would...but you get my drift..
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I thought the season finale was outstanding. I'm so looking forward to the 2nd season. I see Ollie taking over the family company. I see him keeping Walter around to help him out. I see Diggle and Felicty continue to help the Hood in his adventures and I think Laurel's dad will finally come around and assist him as well. What I really want to see is Shado turn up in Starling City. Her and Slade. That would be awesome.
  • Options
    The season finale was great! i absolutely LOVED the fight scene with Malcom Merlin and Oliver on the roof.
  • Options

Just saw the season finale. BEST. SHOW. EVER.

You have low standards when it comes to shows don't you? But I will say this was hands down one of if not the best season finale this season. It wasn't perfect but there wasn't enough crap to not enjoy.

Why is it, every-time I visit this forum, someone has to take a jab of some sort at myself or my opinions on things?

I won't expand on that, on the off chance that your comment was a joke or not intended to be personal. I don't wish to suddenly freak out on someone unnecessarily.

Here's why I loved this show AND the season finale.

Let's start with the shows I DO keep up with:

Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones
    Community
    2 Broke Girls
    New Girl
    Arrow
    How I Met Your Mother

Opinions on why I watch the shows I watch aside, I ALSO keep up with (or try to keep up with) every silver screen, TV screen & animated movie appearance of DC characters. I'm intimately familiar with the TV show "Smallville" and all the small tiny references to other DC things in that show. ALOT of those were fairly shoe-horned in. They felt UBER forced. In this case, all of these references feel...natural in this show. So I LOVE those references. Which makes me more invested with the show. All season I've been thinking of Stephen Amells 'Oliver Queen' character as stiff. The acting was unemotional. But in this episode he opens up to everyone. Cries when Tommy dies. Accepts Diggles help. Trusts Felicity to get done what needs to be done.

I can't expand more than that really. Makes me very excited for the next season.
    No, it wasn't a joke nor was it to start anything. I see where you're coming from but to call this show the best ever,especially since season one just got over with says to me you have low standards for "great" TV. If you didn't have the hobby of watching all the other DC stuff do you think you would still find this show as good as you?

I feel a lot of the references are tossed in just so they could say "hey,look at all this Easter egg crap we've got."

As stated,I do feel that the season finale was one of the best if not the best I've seen out of all the shows I watch [(~30) and yes I'm counting shows that got canned before mid-season] I think I might have to give the top spot to Person of Interest. If you like Batman and know a lot of stuff from that world,I think you would love that show.

I think season 2 will be much better than 1 for a ton of reason.

For the shows you've listed:
    Walking Dead: Great over all but this newest season was weak.
    Game of Thrones: Really liked season two;not watched any of s3 yet.
    Community:Over all good but my god was this season bad.
    2 Broke Girls:Very funny.
    New Girl:It's the anti-funny.
    Arrow:Shallow and doesn't have a sense of identity to it. Think s2 will change that.
    How I Met You Mother: Never seen an ep.

Now to be fair I will list some of my favs and you can,if you want,tell me how bad or foolish I am for liking them:

Smallville
    Person of Interest
    Last Resort
    Chuck
    Farscape
    B5
    Happy Endings

Well this became a wall of text.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Marc Guggenheim talks about the villains for season 2, saying there will be two main villains. They will essentially split Malcolm Merlyn's role in half. One of the villains will be a public figure like Malcolm and the other will be a costumed villain like the Dark Archer. Both villains will be recognizable to comic book fans.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    tazmaniak said:

Marc Guggenheim talks about the villains for season 2, saying there will be two main villains. They will essentially split Malcolm Merlyn's role in half. One of the villains will be a public figure like Malcolm and the other will be a costumed villain like the Dark Archer. Both villains will be recognizable to comic book fans.

Hm. GA never had much of a rogue's gallery to begin with, and we've already seen Vertigo and Merlyn... maybe one of the new villains is the Clock King.
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    I don't think many shows have had better first seasons then that. After LOST, which has the best first season of any show ever, Smallville and Friday Night Lights are the cream of the crop in terms of first seasons. However, Arrow very much did crack into that group for me. I had the lowest of expectations for the show, but boy was I wrong. Other then my confusion over how weird Laurel (Dinah) looks, I could not think of a better Green Arrow show. I very much look forward to rewatching this season again and it is the only reason why In have any excitement for the fall. Great finale, great first season, great show. I applaud Arrow and its creators.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Eric_C said:

Other then my confusion over how weird HOT Laurel (Dinah) looks, I could not think of a better Green Arrow show.

Fixed it for you ;)
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    What about that an
    Eric_C said:

I don't think many shows have had better first seasons then that. After LOST, which has the best first season of any show ever, Smallville and Friday Night Lights are the cream of the crop in terms of first seasons. However, Arrow very much did crack into that group for me. I had the lowest of expectations for the show, but boy was I wrong. Other then my confusion over how weird Laurel (Dinah) looks, I could not think of a better Green Arrow show. I very much look forward to rewatching this season again and it is the only reason why In have any excitement for the fall. Great finale, great first season, great show. I applaud Arrow and its creators.

Smallvile Season 1 was good but it suffered a bit too much from freak of the week stories. It wasn't a great first season but it was good enough to bring me back for the much better season 2.

• Options
    My prediction for season 2: different criminal organizations will struggle for control of the Glades until one super villain rises up and consolidates his/her power (think Joker in the Dark Knight). Slade is to become a series regular next season so I don't know how he will play into it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Several DC characters will show up in season 2 including Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White), Sebastian "Brother" Blood (Kevin Alejandro) and the Suicide Squad. Though no other members of the team were revealed, Bronze Tiger and presumably Deadshot will join.

TV Line

Caity Lotz has also been cast as an unnamed costumed character who will possibly be the show's first Black Canary, or the person who leads Laurel to becoming the Black Canary. She appears at the end of the teaser.

http://youtu.be/Nkl8cmfXEOo
  • Options
    Teryl Rothery will play Jean Loring, Moira's longtime friend. She will be defending Moira, who is on trial for her role in the events of the finale.

Bex Taylor-Klaus will play Sin in episodes 3 and 4.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    So I read that Black Dynamite was going to play Bronze Tiger. I'm thinking of starting to watch this season. I love Bronze Tiger and Black Dynamite
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

See the cast of Arrow go topless in new promo posters:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=87151

Just to clarify, before everyone rushes over -- it's the male cast going topless.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    edited September 2013

JaxUr said:

Just to clarify, before everyone rushes over -- it's the male cast going topless.

Maybe my favorite forum comment ever
  • Options
    Eric_C said:

JaxUr said:

Maybe my favorite forum comment ever
    I probably should have added in my best Jerry Seinfeld voice, "Not that there's anything wrong with that...!"
  • Options
    Loved the season 2 premiere although the Nolanverse Batman influence is still really prevalent.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Good start to Season 2. FYI, if you listen to the TV report playing in the background near the start of the show, there's reference to Central City / STAR Labs.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    stuck with it even though I wasn't really into the first half of the season the second half hooked me enough I decided to come back, glad I did because I really enjoyed the first episode.
  • Options
    kgforce said:

Good start to Season 2. FYI, if you listen to the TV report playing in the background near the start of the show, there's reference to Central City / STAR Labs.

and thats why I watch everything I can with the closed caption ON. Saw and heard that too..

particle lab accelerator is coming on line... just in time for a Mr. Allen?
  • Options
    I was willing to give a pass to the first episode of the new season, but not the second. The writing just seemed incredibly lazy. Why does Laurel hate the vigilante after being such an ardent supporter before? No good reason. Just that it makes for more story elements.

I mean, her rationale seems to be "When you're around, people die! And then you stopped being around! And then MORE people died! And THAT is why you must be BROUGHT TO JUSTICE."

The dialogue just seemed melodramatic and stilted as well.

"You will never be a hero."
    "As long as my city is safe, it doesn't matter."

Really? The first season had a bit of purple prose, but this season has been drowning in it. I don't know which writers were lost last season, or which new writer has impacted the show, but I really hope it changes over the course of the season, because I'm not sure I could subject myself to this every week, and my understanding was that this show would be the jumping off point for the DC TV universe.
  • Options
    greyman24 said:

I was willing to give a pass to the first episode of the new season, but not the second. The writing just seemed incredibly lazy. Why does Laurel hate the vigilante after being such an ardent supporter before? No good reason. Just that it makes for more story elements.

I mean, her rationale seems to be "When you're around, people die! And then you stopped being around! And then MORE people died! And THAT is why you must be BROUGHT TO JUSTICE."

She also made the point that she blamed him for Tommy Merlin's death, having seen him running from the scene, which would make her change of heart reasonable and would explain her emotional response.
    greyman24 said:

The dialogue just seemed melodramatic and stilted as well.

"You will never be a hero."
    "As long as my city is safe, it doesn't matter."

Really? The first season had a bit of purple prose, but this season has been drowning in it. I don't know which writers were lost last season, or which new writer has impacted the show, but I really hope it changes over the course of the season, because I'm not sure I could subject myself to this every week, and my understanding was that this show would be the jumping off point for the DC TV universe.

Seriously? I loved that line. It was exactly what I was waiting for him to say at that point.
  • Options
    great cliffhanger again!
  • Options
    Really enjoying season 2 so far.
    It's too bad Oliver had more chemistry with Felicity, huntress, that cop from last year, and every other woman on the show compared to Laurel. Their scenes ring so hollow to me.