Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniak said:

Nick said:

I was four episodes behind, and ended up watching them in a marathon this weekend. I too felt the most recent episode (Billy vs. Slade) was by far the best one yet. I was worried they might have him kill in the episode (I think it's still pretty early since he only trained for a few days), but is showing signs of being more badass. So in the first episode when they show the Deathstroke mask on a stick, do we think that was Wintergreen's mask or Slade's?

Mihawk said:

This episode was great can't believe Oliver revealed his identity to Tommy. The Guy Malcolm was talking about sounds like a Ra's al Thule type to me.

Mihawk said:

This episode was great can't believe Oliver revealed his identity to Tommy. The Guy Malcolm was talking about sounds like a Ra's al Thule type to me.

It does, though I was thinking more of the Sensei myself. I wonder if we'll see Deadman make an appearance?
    See, that's what the majority of the people on IMDB think. Either Ra's or Sensei. But I actually thought Richard Dragon. Generally, when a DC location is name-dropped, it's closely associated with a specific character or characters and you're meant to immediately think of them. I may be wrong, but I don't think Ra's or Sensei are really associated with Nanda Parbat. I'm sure Richard Dragon is. At least since 52.

It should be noted that Geoff Johns wrote this episode.

Anyway, that's what I think. I could very well be wrong.
    Not specifically, but the Sensei spent decades seeking a way to destroy Nanda Parbat, as related in the original Deadman stories -- and the Sensei's League Of Assassins were a part of Ra's al Ghul's organization.

I don't think Richard Dragon was associated with Nanda Parbat before 52, though I could be mistaken.
  • Options

tazmaniak said:

Nick said:

I was four episodes behind, and ended up watching them in a marathon this weekend. I too felt the most recent episode (Billy vs. Slade) was by far the best one yet. I was worried they might have him kill in the episode (I think it's still pretty early since he only trained for a few days), but is showing signs of being more badass. So in the first episode when they show the Deathstroke mask on a stick, do we think that was Wintergreen's mask or Slade's?

Mihawk said:

Mihawk said:

It does, though I was thinking more of the Sensei myself. I wonder if we'll see Deadman make an appearance?
    See, that's what the majority of the people on IMDB think. Either Ra's or Sensei. But I actually thought Richard Dragon. Generally, when a DC location is name-dropped, it's closely associated with a specific character or characters and you're meant to immediately think of them. I may be wrong, but I don't think Ra's or Sensei are really associated with Nanda Parbat. I'm sure Richard Dragon is. At least since 52.

It should be noted that Geoff Johns wrote this episode.

Anyway, that's what I think. I could very well be wrong.
    Not specifically, but the Sensei spent decades seeking a way to destroy Nanda Parbat, as related in the original Deadman stories -- and the Sensei's League Of Assassins were a part of Ra's al Ghul's organization.

I don't think Richard Dragon was associated with Nanda Parbat before 52, though I could be mistaken.
    You could be right. Malcolm's dialog just made me think of Richard Dragon. He said he was distraught and loss after his wife was killed. He met a man in Nanda Parbat who helped him make sense of things and find a purpose for his life. To make Starling City a better place for everyone.

That reminded me of the role Richard Dragon played in the lives of characters like Huntress and The Question.

We'll see.
  • Options
    The_JPThe_JP Posts: 33
    Is the cop McKenna Hall in the comics too? It's funny shes the trophy in the league.

-JP
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited March 2013
    I believe she's an original character.

Also, in case you didn't catch it, the knives-wielding assassin Oliver fought at the beginning was a comic book character. Guillermo Barrera/Brutale.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Moira is so going to throw her co-conspirator under the bus it's not funny!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I like this versio of Roy. I like that he wore a red hoodie when we first see him. Seemed to make sense to me that he had that.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I like this versio of Roy. I like that he wore a red hoodie when we first see him. Seemed to make sense to me that he had that.

It was a little to much like when Smallville had Flash show up for the first time. Red hood and stealing,can't recall off hand but was Flash caught because he tried to steal from CK or did CK just follow the clues?

Now my question is which of the people who knows Ollies secret is going to die this season? He's just letting everyone know know who he is.

• Options
    In Smallville, Clark followed the clues to catch Bart. That's where he eventually found the room he was staying in. They did a nod to the comics because Bart had fake ids with the names Barry Allen, Jay Garrick and Wally West.
  • Options
    I think it won't matter who knows, the secret will come out to the public or the ones who know can't or won't act on it.

It more of a plot device than anything really.
  • Options
  • Options
    So I've been through every single post on this thread and I think enough of you may have missed something that it's worth me mentioning...

Felicity Smoke

The gorgeous blonde tech geek that works for Queen Industries.

Her name is ACTUALLY spelled Felicity Smoak

In DC Comics, Felicity Smoak is Ronnie Raymonds step mother. That's right, FIRESTORMS step mother. Do I actually THINK Firestorm is going to show up in Arrow? Nope, but I just thought I'd throw that out there for all my fellow match-heads.

All I can say is, if the appearance of Felicity Smoak DOES bring the appearance of Firestorm...I can only hope he turns he clothes to soap suds...you know...for comic book accuracy purposes... ;)

Just saying...
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Gerry Conway, who created Felicity as a supporting character in Firestorm, actually mentioned this in his interview at ECCC last week. He didn't know about her inclusion into Arrow until a friend sent him an e-mail about it. He says he sent off a quick e-mail to DC, who, in turn, are sending him a few bucks for using her. That was nice of them, Conway noted, though they weren't really contractually obligated to do so; he also noted that Marvel has never done the same for any characters or situations in the Spider-Man movies that were based on his stories.
  • Options
    Watch the Arrow PaleyFest panel on Hulu.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    tazmaniak said:

Watch the Arrow PaleyFest panel on Hulu.

This was pretty good.
  • Options
    Colton Haynes (Roy Harper) has been promoted to series regular for season 2.

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    That's good to hear. I wonder if we'll see a traditional partner for Ollie in Roy for next season. I also wonder if we'll see Ollie run into Slade in present time. I have loved their team-up in the flashbacks. (I am a episode behind so I don't know if I missed something or not)
  • Options
    Manu Bennett (Slade Wilson) bumped up to series regular for season 2.
  • Options
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I like the guy theyve cast as deathstroke.
  • Options
    Arrow currently has 7 contract actors and will be adding 3 more next season. Unless they're looking to have a 10 member cast for season 2, I've got a feeling someone isn't going to survive the finale. Or someone's going to be demoted to recurring.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    tazmaniak said:

Arrow currently has 7 contract actors and will be adding 3 more next season. Unless they're looking to have a 10 member cast for season 2, I've got a feeling someone isn't going to survive the finale. Or someone's going to be demoted to recurring.

My guess is Moria
  • Options
    I liked this episode. I really liked the end scene between Ollie & Tommy because you get to what I think is the heart of the Ollie character & that is being Arrow is his mission but it's also his punishment. & I like that Ollie & I think that's great story telling.

• Options
    I am loving this show. So many amazing nods to the comic Universe like when Laurel's mom leaves town to go home to Central City and says she'll be home in a Flash. Good lord, I so marked out over that and I'm really loving the flashbacks. It's amazing and I can't wait to see more of Ollie's time there and to see his training really begin. Loving this show. I think this first season rivals the first season of Smallville although I loved that first season.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    This show is utterly rediculous. So much so now that I think thats what keeps me watching.
  • Options
    Is anyone reading the comic? Lyla Michaels (Harbinger) shows up and is an old friend of Diggle's.

• Options
    Really liked this episode. Shado I think is a nice addition the actress that plays her is hot so that helps lol. Nice swerve at the end even though I saw it coming & one step closer to the darkside for Tommy.
  • Options
  • Options
    The fight scenes on this show are quite amazing to watch. Very fluid and intense. I really like them and think they are movie quality scenes.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    New image of Deadshot from the next episode.

Also, Marc Guggenheim tweeted this, which will figure into an upcoming episode.

• Options
    Wow. I am just loving this show butr that picture of Kord Industries? YAY!