Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Great episode! I only wish @WetRats had been right about the clairvoyant.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Loved the expression on Coulson's face when he finally figured it out.
    It has taken a while for the TV show to build steam... but has fully captured my attention.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I don't know that we have the final answer on that quite yet.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Krescan said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

I don't know that we have the final answer on that quite yet.
    Me, either.

I think Ward is trying to follow Garrett to the heart of Hydra.

Hand was in on it with him and isn't dead, despite appearances.
  • Options
    BTW: I hope when the dust settles, Agent Triplett becomes a regular, despite his questionable grooming choices.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

BTW: I hope when the dust settles, Agent Triplett becomes a regular, despite his questionable grooming choices.

Agree. Maybe he can be 3-D/Triathlon Man?
  • Options

WetRats said:

Or just Agent Triplett.

Remember the show's motto: "Not All Heroes Are Super."
  • Options
    Im still not entirely sold on him yet. I expect it was just the writing and direction but it really put me off watching him act all sinister in this last episode and then at the last second hand Simmons the knife. Its a cheap way of keeping the mystery going of who is Hydra and who isnt.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

IDK, blood seems pretty final and definitive to me. Of course I say this in a show centered mostly around Coulson...

You're probably right, but for some reason, I was thinking that what if he IS trying to follow him to Hydra but REALLY killed Hand and the other two agents? What if Ward viewed them as acceptable losses? That would shake a few things loose and cause some serious drama.

Maybe that's dumb.
  • Options

WetRats said:

IDK, blood seems pretty final and definitive to me. Of course I say this in a show centered mostly around Coulson...

You're probably right, but for some reason, I was thinking that what if he IS trying to follow him to Hydra but REALLY killed Hand and the other two agents? What if Ward viewed them as acceptable losses? That would shake a few things loose and cause some serious drama.

Maybe that's dumb.
    Not dumb at all, but probably too ... sophisticated ... for network TV.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

WetRats said:

Maybe that's dumb.
    Seems to me that the headshots on the two agents would be pretty tough to pull off as fakes, especially given Garrett's view of the guards and the one guard's complete lack of hair (basing this on a combination of what I recall as a really fun early 80's action/spy flick called The Soldier (Ken Wahl and Klaus Kinski) and Tom Savini doing demonstration of headshot effects.

As for Hand, one shot, possibly fake, but the double tap after she was down would probably be questionable if they were "just" additional gut shots - she's down and not moving (much), id the intent was to kill, why would the double tap not be to the head as well. Also, the last view of Hand's hand, was covered in blood and draped with her hair.

I expect to be proven wrong, but at this point, think that she's actually dead and that Ward did decide that it was an acceptable loss.
  • Options
    maybe if they added red dye to the knockout bullets?

of course the female lead making kissy faces with her hero for the first time and then he turns out to be evil wouldn't necessarily be new.....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm curious how it's gonna work, and would not be disappointed if Ward was indeed a baddie, but my instincts tell me it's gonna go the other way somehow.
  • Options
    Ward for me wasnt working at all as a goodguy so if they can make him more interesting by having him as a badguy for the show then im all for it.
  • Options

Ward for me wasnt working at all as a goodguy so if they can make him more interesting by having him as a badguy for the show then im all for it.

It would definitely scrape some of the bland off of him.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Garrett has probably killed a lot of people in his career so I would think he would know if a kill was faked. LMD's?
  • Options

Garrett has probably killed a lot of people in his career so I would think he would know if a kill was faked. LMD's?

I think if we were gonna get LMDs, we would've got 'em by now.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    WetRats said:

Yeah. I am guessing they are dead then.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    WetRats said:

Concur - if there were going to be an LMD, we probably would have already seen it.
  • Options
    ....unless we already have seen them :P
  • Options
    This most recent episode of teh show really kicked it up a notch. I wish it was at this level since the beginning, but I'm glad we got here. Love the addition of Bill Paxton to the show and the role he is playing. Cool twist at the end of the episode (even if you could have guessed it was coming). I'm very excited to watch the show now than I ever was before.
  • Options

He probably doesn't have much experience with the night night guns though.

I think we'll get an up close version of when Coulson pulls Ward to the side to tell him about Garrett.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I think Ward is playing Garrett and Hand and Coulson are in on it. It didn't make sense that Hand would even suggest to Ward to kill Garrett, I could be wrong, it just seemed off and out of place to me.
  • Options
    Hand handing Ward the gun seemed very stagey.
  • Options
    Greg said:

I think Ward is playing Garrett and Hand and Coulson are in on it. It didn't make sense that Hand would even suggest to Ward to kill Garrett, I could be wrong, it just seemed off and out of place to me.

I concur.

Although I wish they'd double-double-cross us and Ward really is Hydra, just for the ugly of it.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    I only just saw the last two episodes. Holy! I really enjoyed both, save for the fact that I was trying to sync up the Winter Soldier timeline with the episodes. Didn't bother me much. Now about Ward... I also think he would be following Garrett down the rabbit whole, but may be way over his head.

Wait... He still has the hard drive, right? I didn't see him surrender it.
  • Options
    demonbear said:

I only just saw the last two episodes. Holy! I really enjoyed both, save for the fact that I was trying to sync up the Winter Soldier timeline with the episodes. Didn't bother me much. Now about Ward... I also think he would be following Garrett down the rabbit whole, but may be way over his head.

Wait... He still has the hard drive, right? I didn't see him surrender it.

He probably has A hard drive.

Chock full of some clever anti-Hydra software that Fitz pulled out of his ass between scenes.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    The new issue of Doop #1 (buy it, it's great) has an ad for Agents of Shield. It's a picture of Ward with the title 'Trust no one'.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Or just Agent Triplett.

Remember the show's motto: "Not All Heroes Are Super."
    Motto or excuse?!*

M

* completely joking to start crap ;)