Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    It is indeed a beautiful tome. Wachter and company really knocked it out of the park.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited July 2014
    Is it bad that I constantly have to remind myself that Simone Bianchi is not a chick? Well, not constantly but more times than i would like to admit.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    LeBron James has announced he's returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Not a Cleveland fan, or even an NBA fan for that matter, but I am a LeBron James fan and the one blight on his resume was how he handled his departure. Aside from that, the guy is everything you could ask for in a professional athlete. Forget the un-Godly athletlic ability, the guy just seems to "get it" when he's playing. Little things like tackling the fan who made that half court shot, or the time a fan threw a ball back to him that went into the stands and he fired it back to them and told them to hit him in the chest. Good on you for returning home, LeBron.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

LeBron James has announced he's returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Not a Cleveland fan, or even an NBA fan for that matter, but I am a LeBron James fan and the one blight on his resume was how he handled his departure. Aside from that, the guy is everything you could ask for in a professional athlete. Forget the un-Godly athletlic ability, the guy just seems to "get it" when he's playing. Little things like tackling the fan who made that half court shot, or the time a fan threw a ball back to him that went into the stands and he fired it back to them and told them to hit him in the chest. Good on you for returning home, LeBron.

I'm not a Cavs fan, but I am a big fan of the NBA. This is great news to me; it means my atlanta hawks will be the southeastern champs next year, and most likly be the 2nd best team in the east (which they were until Horford got hurt). This of course is under the assumption that Al Horford stays healthy, but I'm starting to think that may not happen. After the last upper body injury I'm starting to think Horford won't be able to do it.

As for James, he's amazing to watch. The over use of the word incredible short changes just how special it is to watch him.
  • Options
    Word is Cleveland has offered a package including Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a 1st round pick to Minnesota for Kevin Love.

Imagine LeBron, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, and Andrew Wiggins? My God ...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    KLove would sign there. The pick will be in the 30s-late 20s so that's not much, and Waiters-Bennett combo isn't a lot.

I'm just not sure the TWolves are going to let him go. It's a little foolish just to let him walk when you could get something in return, but I'm not the GM who's job is on the line. Once you trade you can't use the excuse "we tried our best to get Love to resign."
  • Options
    Oh, I'm not saying they're getting equal value. Not at all. Just thinking about the idea of Cleveland being able to pull something like that off is mind-blowing.

Of note, when listing all the things he's excited about when he comes to Cleveland he lists Kyrie Irving and a few other Cavs players. Know who he left out? Andrew Wiggins. (ie - Wiggins will eventually be part of the K Love deal)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Oh, I'm not saying they're getting equal value. Not at all. Just thinking about the idea of Cleveland being able to pull something like that off is mind-blowing.

I wasn't talking about value, so far the TWolves have passed on trades that were better; I was just referring to actually trading KLove. I'm not sure the GM (or the owner) is going to trade him.

I love the NBA even the off season is fun. Just think of all the jersey resales from the burnings a few years ago. The acrid nylon smoke you are smelling, that is the smell of money.

edit: if wiggins, bennet, and a first rounder are thrown in then you have to seriously look at that deal. That could be a way for the GM to save face and justify the trade to Glen Taylor.
  • Options
    Things I never thought id be looking up at 1030 pm The Donna Reed Show theme song. Then I watched episode I love me some Donna Reed.
  • Options
    Doesn't hurt that Donna Reed was a stunningly gorgeous woman. :-)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Particularly in "It's A Wonderful Life."
  • Options
    Word, WR. Word.
  • Options

She was really beautiful. The last time I saw the Donna Reed Show I was a little guy watching Nick at Night. I remembered she was pretty, but man she was a gorgeous woman.

I'm glad I was trying to remember the theme song last night.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Yep. Donna Reed. Also enjoy me some Mary Tyler Moore from The Dick Van Dyke show.
  • Options

Yep. Donna Reed. Also enjoy me some Mary Tyler Moore from The Dick Van Dyke show.

Nobody ever made Capri pants look better.
  • Options
    I'm currently reading Layton/JRJR Ironman Omnibus. Rhodey's voice in my head sounds like Black Dynamite. It brings the book to a whole new level.
  • Options
    Hey, I have a new tee shirt for sale for a week...
    WeeklyShirts.com/?wm=10230
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I have two codes to the Destiny Beta. If you want one, and have a Playstation 4, pm me.
  • Options
    A book featuring just Maria Hill and Modok sitting around bull-shitting about whatever would be epic. #fact
  • Options
    Who puts gum on a roof?
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    WetRats said:

Who puts gum on a roof?

"SHO'NUFF!!!"
  • Options
    David_D said:

WetRats said:

Who puts gum on a roof?

"SHO'NUFF!!!"
    I rewatched the live-action Tick series yesterday.

Still the best live-action superhero series. (Sorry, Arrow.)
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

Who puts gum on a roof?

"SHO'NUFF!!!"

I LOVE that show. The absurdity of it is awesome.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

Who puts gum on a roof?

"SHO'NUFF!!!"

Patrick Warburton was perfectly cast.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    fredzilla said:

WetRats said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

Who puts gum on a roof?

"SHO'NUFF!!!"

Patrick Warburton was perfectly cast.
    Patrick Warburton is almost always perfectly cast.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Strange question:

If I started a comic themed YouTube show, would it technically qualify as a "podcast"?
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

Strange question:

If I started a comic themed YouTube show, would it technically qualify as a "podcast"?

I think so, but if you wanted to be more specific, you could use vidcast or vlog.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

Who puts gum on a roof?

"SHO'NUFF!!!"

I'll go along with that (especially since I didn't watch Arrow past the pilot episode). Of course, the cartoon is better than the live-action show, and the original comic series is better than the cartoon.
  • Options
    I took a long (multi-decade) break from comics, so please forgive some random (stupid) comics questions I have:

I don't read much DC, but I have been reading the "Futures End" series and I don't understand why Superman wears a motorcycle helmet 24/7?

Why is Magneto's power so weak these days?

In "Avengers Undercover" are the heroes actually supposed to be connected to The Avengers?

Speaking of which, does anyone else get confused by all the Avengers titles? Avengers, Avengers World, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Undercover, Secret Avengers, yada, yada. Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but I can't keep track of what book has what story arc.

Is "East of West" a continuing series, or a mini-series?

• Options

WetRats said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

Who puts gum on a roof?

"SHO'NUFF!!!"

I'll go along with that (especially since I didn't watch Arrow past the pilot episode). Of course, the cartoon is better than the live-action show, and the original comic series is better than the cartoon.
    I essentially agree, but each was such a different take on the concept that I love them all.

I was impressed, upon re-watching, by how straight the four leads play their roles. There is no winking at the camera. And the dialogue is rippingly good throughout.

When society says "Jump," we say "Pass the salsa."

It's the stink of justice you just can't shower off.

When you go to bed with evil incarnate, it always takes the covers.

Don't be a crybaby, be a TRYbaby.

How then does one procure this laminated rectangle of righteousness?