Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Didn't he die a few years ago?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited May 2014

Didn't he die a few years ago?

Yep.

Stupid internet.

:\">
  • Options
    Oh yeah.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco?

Also still dead.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    I want Santa Anna's legs. Did you know America captured 2 of them? You would think legs would be better at running away.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    kiwijase said:

mwhitt80 said:

Ok I have escaped/now wild peacocks that have taken up residence near my house. They make a huge freaking racket.

They sucker you in with their flashy good looks, then once they're in your life, you can't shut them up.
    Story of my life.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    This article is a couple of years old, but I still laugh every time I hear this story ...

"Bill Murray calls Kelly Lynch’s husband every time ‘Road House’ sex scene airs"

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Got the JSA omnibus. It checks in at about 1280 pages. Worth the discounted price but I am not sure about the long term readability of this.

I can see myself having to super glue the pages back into the cover binding one day. (Which I have had to do on a volume of Fables and Essential Dracual vol 1 - it works)
  • Options
    I have not however figured out how to fix my copy of the Avengers Forever trade in which only one page came loose. I also once left a copy of Dark Knight Returns trade in my car and the glue completely melted. No fix there. That was a re-buy. :(
  • Options

This article is a couple of years old, but I still laugh every time I hear this story ...

"Bill Murray calls Kelly Lynch’s husband every time ‘Road House’ sex scene airs"

I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show that other day and they mentioned this. The only difference being that any one of the Murray brothers will call. Imagine Bill Murray X 4 calling you every time that POC is on.
  • Options
    The 30th Anniversary edition of Cerebus High Society (which was solicited in Aug 2012 and has not been cancelled or resolicited) according to DCBS has been pushed backed to at least December of this year.

I just read in a couple of places that Sims does not see an end in sight to this project so that date will probably get pushed back again. Plus it appears that he is thinking about starting a kick starter campaign to get money to fund republishing both the first volume of Cerebus plus High Society. It also appears that he is more interested in doing a digital/audio version than the printed book right now.

This all bad business to me and I am out. Thank you to DCBS for replacing this with another item. I think my LCS still has an old copy of High Society on the shelf if I every want to pick it up.

• Options
    So this year SyFy is airing Sharknado Week the week before Shark Week. Tess Lynch at Grantland wrote an article "Sharknado Week vs Shark Week Who will win" I skimmed the article and didn't really read so I don't know the details, but I know who wins America and Torchsong's wife.

The thing I did learn was that this is the 27th year of Shark week. I turned 34 today and remember watching the first Shark Week. I love when science goes to the seas (that and seeing a great white throw an 80lbs seal ten feet in the air).
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    My wife is upgrading the Sharknado helm to reflect the sequel, which takes place in New York. She's adding an Empire State Building, some Broadway posters and we're working on a shark with the statue of liberty crown. Riding that gravy train all the way to...wait, we don't make ANY money doing this! :)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Torchsong said:

My wife is upgrading the Sharknado helm to reflect the sequel, which takes place in New York. She's adding an Empire State Building, some Broadway posters and we're working on a shark with the statue of liberty crown. Riding that gravy train all the way to...wait, we don't make ANY money doing this! :)

#Loveplay
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Love this new commercial for Stan Lee's visit to AT&T park on June 7th

http://m.mlb.com/sf/video/topic/26516880/v33238609/?c_id=sf
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    mwhitt80 said:

So this year SyFy is airing Sharknado Week the week before Shark Week. Tess Lynch at Grantland wrote an article "Sharknado Week vs Shark Week Who will win" I skimmed the article and didn't really read so I don't know the details, but I know who wins America and Torchsong's wife.

The thing I did learn was that this is the 27th year of Shark week. I turned 34 today and remember watching the first Shark Week. I love when science goes to the seas (that and seeing a great white throw an 80lbs seal ten feet in the air).

I know who will win: The sharks. They always win.

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    edited June 2014
    Well. I finally caved....I'm on Twitter Twitter.com/MGC_RR88
  • Options

I know who will win: The sharks. They always win.

You might be right. Sharks are pretty scary in real life.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Out of the blue, from the backseat of our car, I hear my 10 year old daughter say, "Ugh! Why don't comics have page numbers!"
  • Options
    Years ago I posted photos of my old room ( older forum). I'm a cleaning project away from doing an updated photo set.
  • Options
    I heard this on the radio today and thought I would share. It made me laugh.

The 5 stages of being a Colorado Rockies fan by Vic Lombardi. Denver Television and Radio personality and passionate Goomba.

Hope
    Excitement
    Anger
    Apathy
    Football Season
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    rebis said:

The 5 stages of being a Colorado Rockies fan by Vic Lombardi. Denver Television and Radio personality and passionate Goomba.

Hope
    Excitement
    Anger
    Apathy
    Football Season

If you talk to my brother in-law their is only one stage....Broncos football
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Just watched Lone Survivor great film but emotionally draining
  • Options
    Webhead said:

rebis said:

Hope
    Excitement
    Anger
    Apathy
    Football Season

If you talk to my brother in-law their is only one stage....Broncos football
    It's that way for about 75% of the sports fans in Denver.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh joy.

There's a photo circulating of the cop-killing couple in Las Vegas cosplaying as The Joker and Harley Quinn.

Ignorant backlash in 3... 2...
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    WetRats said:

Oh joy.

There's a photo circulating of the cop-killing couple in Las Vegas cosplaying as The Joker and Harley Quinn.

Ignorant backlash in 3... 2...

I think they are too busy trying to prove what political party they voted for, how they can blame this on Obama and...oh, another school shooting, so we're done with them, on to the next tragedy.

I actively hate cable news and radio punditry for making these things seem like they are part of the 24 hour news cycle. 74 school shootings since Newtown...and the only laws passed make it easier to get weapons into the hands of people.