Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    hooked on BURN NOTICE... hoooked.... loving the pilot and i feel the mom is more devious and has a deeper story, just finished ep. 2. of Season 1

I am now officially that Neftflix guy that can't finish a series before I start up a new one. I so want to watch DS9, especially after I got a free Xbox 360 and now I can watch it on my TV.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Boardwalk Empire season 3 episodes 2 and 3

I LOVE this show so much. Forget the Sopranos,OZ and all the other over praised HBO original series. This is the best HBO series so far.
  • Options
    Greg said:

@John_Steed, That's what I was going for.

She does this all the time. We'll start watching a series together, next thing I know, she's a full season or two ahead of me and when it comes to the good shows she just can't contain the spoilers. Don't get me wrong, it's cute to see her get all giddy over some big happening in a show, but I'd like to experience some of that with her once in awhile. I can't tell you how many shows I've given up on.

I was amazed how easy it was to get my wife to watch Breaking Bad. Usually neither of us like to watch shows about crime, but the show honestly doesn't really glorify it.

Next episode for us is Season One's finale.
  • Options
    You all are in for a great treat with breaking bad, I'm currently halfway through season 3 and every season has gotten better.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    First season of WKRP on Hulu. Pretty sure it's the non-copyrighted music version, which yeah, loses something in the translation, but still, it's Bailey :x (and the Big Guy and Herb and Les and Johnny and Venus and Andy and Jennifer, too, I guess) on my TV. Not gonna complain about that.
  • Options

First season of WKRP on Hulu. Pretty sure it's the non-copyrighted music version, which yeah, loses something in the translation, but still, it's Bailey :x (and the Big Guy and Herb and Les and Johnny and Venus and Andy and Jennifer, too, I guess) on my TV. Not gonna complain about that.

I am so happy I got dvd-rs of every season with the original music. Was worth the cost Sumguy at a con was charging. I am also a huge fan of Bailey. Never understood what Jennifer's appeal was. But then I have never been a fan of blondes.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

I so want to watch DS9, especially after I got a free Xbox 360 and now I can watch it on my TV.

Still working my way through this.
  • Options
    Just finished up watching Ghoulies III Ghoulies goto College. Every day this month I am watching at least one horror film and then writing a review of it for my blog.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I so want to watch DS9, especially after I got a free Xbox 360 and now I can watch it on my TV.

Me, too. Slowly picking my way through a few episodes at a time when the mood and opportunity strike. Consequently, I'm still in season 1. Which isn't bad, per se, but it's still very much finding its feet and I know I have a ways to go before it's supposed to get really good, and some episodes that's what propels me through. WAAAAAAAAY too much Jake and Nog at this point.
  • Options
    Now watching the 9th season of Law & Order; finally catching up to the point where I started watching it regularly.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Mr_Cosmic said:

Me, too. Slowly picking my way through a few episodes at a time when the mood and opportunity strike. Consequently, I'm still in season 1. Which isn't bad, per se, but it's still very much finding its feet and I know I have a ways to go before it's supposed to get really good, and some episodes that's what propels me through. WAAAAAAAAY too much Jake and Nog at this point.
    I'm on season three. I'm watching everything in order so I'll be watching seasons of Voyager mixed in as well.

Jake and Nog grew on me. Nog makes an unexpected decision this season that really makes him interesting. Jake...well, I'm just glad he isn't another Wesley Crusher.
  • Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    Just started Season 1 of Alias. This show blew me away when it first aired. I dunno if I ever saw the first episode before. I wasn't expecting to like it this much on the second go round but I am. Granted I'm just one episode in.

I never got much further than the first season when it first aired. How did the show develop over the years? Better? Worse? About the same?
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Jake...well, I'm just glad he isn't another Wesley Crusher.

Agreed. If anything, Dr. Bashir is the Wesley so far!
  • Options
    Actually, I'd thought that DS9 was the best of the new Trek shows. There was more political intrigue and a good deal more dramatic tension within the confines of the former Cardassian space station being refitted for Federation duty. And I liked the main cast a lot, especially Commander Sisko, who was neither a Kirk nor a Picard. It started to lose me during the final season when things started getting a bit more metaphsyical, but the overall series was quite good.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Just finished Season 1 of Doctor Who last night. It's taken a while since it is a show that our family is watching together (getting everyone together can be difficult!). Our 12 yr old daughter is the one who will always say, "let's watch a Dr. Who"). My wife told me last night that she watched the first few episodes as a courtesy to me, but she got hooked. She cried all throughout the last episode (The Parting of Ways).

On to Season 2...
  • Options
    @LibraryBoy I like Bashir quite a bit. I actually think he is a good actor and some of his story lines have been very interesting. His interactions with Chief and Garak are always entertaining.

The only character I really don't care for is Kira. Her and her people's religion/politics tend to bog things down for me.

@Chuck_Melville Yeah, I have to agree...it's very good! Granted I'm only three seasons in to it but I don't see why some people have such a low opinion of it.
  • Options
    kgforce said:

Just finished Season 1 of Doctor Who last night. It's taken a while since it is a show that our family is watching together (getting everyone together can be difficult!). Our 12 yr old daughter is the one who will always say, "let's watch a Dr. Who"). My wife told me last night that she watched the first few episodes as a courtesy to me, but she got hooked. She cried all throughout the last episode (The Parting of Ways).

On to Season 2...

what you think of Father's Day?
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I have a here's a free movie from Direct TV I wanted to use so I may watch Prometheus tonight.
  • Options
    Just finished up American Horror Story season 1. I had watched the first half of it last year while it was airing. But for some reason I never saw the last half. Really good show that in some ways reminded me of Twin Peaks. Lange deserved the awards she got for her role. Can't wait for season 2 to start this month.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Just finished watching Prometheus and this is best analogy I can find so bear with me. You know how in baseball you see a player in the minors and he moves up the ranks and you think when he gets to the majors he's going to hit .350 with 45 hrs and 150 rbi? And he gets to the majors and shows some flashes of brilliance when he first gets there but then halfway through the season you realize this guy is only going to hit .250 with 10 hrs and 35 rbi.

That's kind of how I felt about the movie. It had potential to be something great, but everytime it took a step forward(just about anytime Fassbender was on screen, it looked great) it took two steps back. (The logic of most of the characters).

And the squid alien at the end, that was completely laughable, it was just so poorly done. Right now I can't give it anything higher than a C-
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Working through Star Trek: TNG

I've watched TNG all the way through like 10 times. I'm itching to watch it again but I'm going to wait until all the Blu rays are out in a few years
  • Options
    I've recently finished Wings and Alphas. Still working on Star Trek TOS Remastered, Cheers. My wife started Prison Break without me.

We usually watch streaming on the PS3, but occasionally on the iPad, and rarely keep the kids entertained on the iPod with spongebob
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Over the weekend I got a few episodes into Breaking Bad season three with the wife, then started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and got a smack upside the head for watching that without her. Watched Super 8 for the first time. Heard a lot of bad reviews on it, I liked it. Then watched G1 Transformers with my son....again...for the third time in the last three or four months. Finished up the last season of Malcolm in the Middle with my daughter.

• Options
    Lovecraft:Fear of the Unknown

Really well done documentary on H.P. Lovecraft. Lots of good interviews with Neil Gaiman and others. Not much new info in it for people that are in Lovecraft's fiction. But still worth a watch.
  • Options
    Yellowbrickroad

Ok DTV horror film. Nothing amazing and the ending was kind of out of nowhere.

Buffy Season 1

Got this today for $3 and watched the first 2 dvds. Been years since I have seen most of these episodes.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    With my wife being into the fourth season of Breaking Bad, I've put that on the back burner until I can get some time off from work to catch up. Started watching Wilfred in the meantime.
  • Options
    I'm watching the first season of Star Trek: Voyager and then I'll be moving back to DS9 for season 4.
  • Options
    I'm about half way through Malcolm In The Middle. Getting the biggest laughs out of Hal's goofiness, considering how serious Bryan Cranston is in Breaking Bad.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Just started season 3 of Doctor Who last night (via Amazon Prime Instant Video).
  • Options
    Been meaning to get back into Monk for a while now, and started last night. Great show, and I only ever watched it sporadically when it was on.