Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    My father and I are marathoning Alias.

My son and I are cherrypicking Star Trek: NG.
  • Options

kgforce said:

Just finished Season 1 of Doctor Who last night. It's taken a while since it is a show that our family is watching together (getting everyone together can be difficult!). Our 12 yr old daughter is the one who will always say, "let's watch a Dr. Who"). My wife told me last night that she watched the first few episodes as a courtesy to me, but she got hooked. She cried all throughout the last episode (The Parting of Ways).

On to Season 2...

what you think of Father's Day?
    Father's Day was the episode that hooked me. Before that, I didn't plan to watch any after Season One.

• Options

kgforce said:

Just finished Season 1 of Doctor Who last night. It's taken a while since it is a show that our family is watching together (getting everyone together can be difficult!). Our 12 yr old daughter is the one who will always say, "let's watch a Dr. Who"). My wife told me last night that she watched the first few episodes as a courtesy to me, but she got hooked. She cried all throughout the last episode (The Parting of Ways).

On to Season 2...

Father's Day was the episode that hooked me. Before that, I didn't plan to watch any after Season One.

it just blew me away.. Kinda hard to believe the audacity of the premise and yet, it moves me even just typing about it...
  • Options
    Right now, I'm watching the fifth season of Primeval.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Finally joined the 21st century went to Netfix streaming.

Anyway watched season 1 of the League. Funny stuff.

And decided to start on Sons of Anarchy. Like what I've seen two episodes in
  • Options
    I keep well away from streaming, Netflix especially. Partly because the arrival of the discs are a sharp reminder that I need to watch them and send them back (without the physical reminder, I wouldn't remember to schedule some time to sit and watch, as I would need to with streaming), partly because of the Cloud being too vulnerable to a blackout -- like the one this past Christmas.

I'm currently watching the first season of Game Of Thrones. Quite good, in spite of the explicit sex and graphic violence.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    DS9 season 4 and Freaks and Geeks
  • Options
    finished Eureka last night.. season 4 anyway... soooooo... maybe back to Frasier?
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326

kgforce said:

On to Season 2...

Oh, yeah. That was a strong episode... very emotional. I lost my own father when I was 9, so it really touched me.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Just finished Season 4 of Doctor Who, including the Specials (hurray! now in HD!). Again, my wife cried throughout the last episode. I admit got a bit choked up at "I don't want to go".

My wife LOVED Doctor #9 and didn't think #10 could beat him... now she says #10 is her favorite... we will see if #11 can win her over.

On to the Matt Smith era...
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

finished Eureka last night..

Ah, the place where no science experiments go right...ever! If I was Sheriff Carter I don't think I'd ever sleep and I'd have an ulcer as big as a football.

• Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

finished Eureka last night..

Ah, the place where no science experiments go right...ever! If I was Sheriff Carter I don't think I'd ever sleep and I'd have an ulcer as big as a football.

You could tell by Season 4, they were poking fun at themselves. Not a bad series, has some twists that I didn't see coming and added to the fun of watching it.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited January 2013
    The complete run of The Prisoner is available on Crackle, so I've been re-watching that. Damn, that show holds up.

Crackle is also streaming Thunderbirds. You know, as many awesome ideas as that show throws at the screen, Supermarionation always creeps me right the hell out. The awkward movements, the dead & soulless eyes... :(

(Though the larger Supermacromation puppets the Andersons used in Terrahawks creep me out even more!)
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

The complete run of The Prisoner is available on Crackle, so I've been re-watching that. Damn, that show holds up.

Crackle is also streaming Thunderbirds. You know, as many awesome ideas as that show throws at the screen, Supermarionation always creeps me right the hell out. The awkward movements, the dead & soulless eyes... :(

(Though the larger Supermacromation puppets the Andersons used in Terrahawks creep me out even more!)

Thanks for the info. I'm frequently checking Netflix and Amazon for The Prisoner, but I never would have thought to check Crackle. When I first got my Roku box a year ago, Crackle's selection wasn't much better than the crappier movies one might see on AMC on a Sunday afternoon, so I'd pretty much written them off.
  • Options
    My dog and I are up to season 4 of Dr. Who and two eps away from the third season of Classic Star Trek. My wife and I just finished the entire catalog of Family Guy and BSG so now we are watching Being Human (UK) and random standup shows. The boy (he's 6) and I watch Merlin, Angry Beavers, and Dirty Jobs---I am dying to watch Cosmos with him soon too.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Eastbound and Down season 1

Rented it and watched the entire season 3 times in 2 days. WOW this show is so funny. And should get the praise that other HBO shows like Oz,Sopranos,etc have gotten.

Can't wait till season 2 comes in tomorrow. Will most likely watch it in one sitting.
  • Options
    Just curious how many people here have just Streaming Netflix?

I only have the 3 dvd out at a time. Mainly cause I have a very low data useage cap on my internet. Plus looking through the streaming option there wasn't enough I wanted to see to justify spending the extra money.
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

I only have the 3 dvd out at a time. Mainly cause I have a very low data useage cap on my internet. Plus looking through the streaming option there wasn't enough I wanted to see to justify spending the extra money.

I do not stream. I prefer having the physical DVD discs in hand. Partly, because I want to avoid the problems of streaming, partly because receiving the disc is a physical reminder that I need to sit down and watch it right now.
  • Options

dubbat138 said:

I do not stream. I prefer having the physical DVD discs in hand. Partly, because I want to avoid the problems of streaming, partly because receiving the disc is a physical reminder that I need to sit down and watch it right now.
    I have gotten real bad about getting discs in from Netflix and waiting weeks to see them. I have had Hard Rock Zombies at home for 5 weeks now.

• Options
    I'm streaming only, but part of that is simply because they annoyed me by splitting the services and charging a fee for each, literally a couple days after I had changed to the 7.99 streaming and 1 DVD at a time plan.

It's frustrating, though, because it seems like whenever my fiancee comes up with a movie she'd like to watch, it's not available anywhere to stream, and there's not a single video rental store open around us anymore. Last weekend, she requested Salt, Cowboys & Aliens, A-Team, Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - all either unavailable on Netflix or Amazon, or only available to buy on Amazon. I just don't get why studios make it so difficult sometimes.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

I'm streaming only, but part of that is simply because they annoyed me by splitting the services and charging a fee for each, literally a couple days after I had changed to the 7.99 streaming and 1 DVD at a time plan.

It's frustrating, though, because it seems like whenever my fiancee comes up with a movie she'd like to watch, it's not available anywhere to stream, and there's not a single video rental store open around us anymore. Last weekend, she requested Salt, Cowboys & Aliens, A-Team, Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - all either unavailable on Netflix or Amazon, or only available to buy on Amazon. I just don't get why studios make it so difficult sometimes.

See once I moved to MS I got the 2 out at a time plan. Which included streaming. But since back then all I had was dial up net I never used streaming. When they split the services,I was gonna drop streaming since I didn't use it. And for a buck more than I had been paying I could go up to 3 out at a time. Now I have a huge dvd/blu ray collection. And from looking at what they have streaming I really doubt I would get it if I didn't have a data cap. There is very little on the streaming I would watch. But I also watch very very few big blockbuster films and almost now modern tv shows.
  • Options
    There's enough on streaming to keep me happy, though I know my fiancee hates the selection. I've seen her spend a half hour scrolling through choices and not find a single thing. And I even have a channel on my Roku that lets you easily browse Netflix's entire catalog, not just the handful of choices they show you on their own streaming page. Typically, I end up getting out my Kindle and reading while she searches, before she finally gives up and asks what we have on the DVR.
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

Streaming only, it is the best for my family
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    edited January 2013
    dubbat138 said:

Watched part of The Shield Season 7 Wednesday before Isaac knocked out the power. Still love the hell out of this show. Best cop show so far.

If you liked the Shield (I did!), if you're not already watching it, Sons of Anarchy is quite good. I just completed watching the first 4 season (5th season ended recently) on streaming Netflix and it was a lot of fun. The showrunner is Kurt Sutter, who was one of the main writers on The Shield. Plus, it's chock full of shield alumni (including the entire Strike Team - no Vic, tho - and Dutch)!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    dubbat138 said:

We just stream. Even with the 1 DVD at a time, they'd just sit there unwatched so it felt like wasted money.

• Options
    ctowner1 said:

dubbat138 said:

Watched part of The Shield Season 7 Wednesday before Isaac knocked out the power. Still love the hell out of this show. Best cop show so far.

If you liked the Shield (I did!), if you're not already watching it, Sons of Anarchy is quite good. I just completed watching the first 4 season (5th season ended recently) on streaming Netflix and it was a lot of fun. The showrunner is Kurt Sutter, who was one of the main writers on The Shield. Plus, it's chock full of shield alumni (including the entire Strike Team - no Vic, tho - and Dutch)!

e
    L nny
    Sons of Anarchy is one of the 4 shows I bother watching now. It is the only reason I haven't gotten rid of Dish. Cause I don't want to have to wait on the DVDs to watch the show. I loved teh Shield,started watching it with the first episode and never missed one. Now have went back and rewatched the entire run. Also was a fan of "Rescue Me".

• Options
    Currently, I'm watching the second season of The Closer through Netflix; from my own collection, I just finished the first volume of The Time Tunnel (I really need to get the second volume) and am thinking about another run through Lost.
  • Options
    Over the past week watched Eastbound and Down seasons 1 and 2. Hopefully will get in season 3 soon.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I've been watching Sons of Anarchy. Almost done with the third season but I really like it.

And went to see Argo the other day. Best movie I saw in sometime
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Got through the first season of Lie To Me while lying in bed sick with the ol' lady. Great show, Tim Roth is intense.