Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Walking Dead Season 3 AMC Thread

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    AMC will return to Dish Network.

Deadline
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    First, "Yay amc back on DISH!!!!!"

Second, @Nick yes I was sent a letter from my IP saying they were contacted by whoever does the hunting for the movie industry that my IP address was caught downloading a film.

The big mistake was doing it but I also wasn't smart. Up until then I'd only dabbled with comics, tv shows, and older movies. This movie was still in theaters. Also, I didn't use any sort of ip blocker...I got cocky.

The letter was only a warning but it was enough to quit cold turkey. With the fall of demonoid making the choice all the more easy.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    Ep 2, Sick, was another strong ep. Plenty of exciting stuff - particularly the drama with Herschel and his apparent reanimation and Rick's dealing with the top dog prisoner. Rick and his group are definitely more hardened this year - compare Rick's decisiveness here with their vacillations over what to do with Randall last season(although admitedly, I guess this guy was more of an overt threat. It will be interesting if Rick allows Axel and Oscar to integrate with the main group eventually. I was surprised at how quickly they resolved, for a large part at least, the prisoner thread (of course, fro all we know, there may be more prisoners that we haven't seen yet).

Interesting to compare to the comic, too. In the comic, where Alan is bitten in much the same way as Herschel was and he just bleeds out. Here, as Herschel seems to be playing the Dale role fro the comic, Herschel is saved. Wonder if he'll get Dale's pegleg eventually. Also, in the comic, they get to the prison much earlier in their travels, so they're still trying to figure out how to address the moral issue of how to deal with bad humans. Lots of back and forth stuff. Here, they are relative veterans.

Wonder if Oscar will develop into the Dexter of the comic? Or perhaps the Tyrese? Or if Darryl is already playing the Tyrese role. Or perhaps it's futile to keep guessing at this! lol

e
    L nny
  • Options
    I know we haven't see the Gov in action yet but I'm disappointed that the top dog prisoner isn't playing him, He looks similar to the one in the comic and he deff had that nice but evil vibe to him.

Darryl is deff playing the Tyrese role.

Is Oscar the dude who wouldn't plead for his life? If so I think he's more Axel as far as back story go and if he's the pleader he's more Andrew,again as far as back story goes.

Part of the fun of this show,at least for, is guessing who plays who and how they merged plot points and such.
  • Options
    My review of the latest ep! Watch out for the last paragraph if you've not read the comic: http://www.rpsteeves.com/2012/10/wrapped-up-like-zombie-review-walking_22.html
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The first two episodes were good.
  • Options
    random73 said:

ctowner1 said:

random73 said:

I was a little upset Brian Torrens had his Demon tatoo removed. I havnt't found one i liked as much since.

I think he looks good as a Pirate, watching those michael Bay movies. ;^)

e
    L nny

No way joker those pirate waters are dangerous.

Really? in what way? I've never heard of a bad voyage - and the bounty is always rich and easily found...from what I hear.

e
    L nny
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Mr_Cosmic said:

First, "Yay amc back on DISH!!!!!"

Second, @Nick yes I was sent a letter from my IP saying they were contacted by whoever does the hunting for the movie industry that my IP address was caught downloading a film.

The big mistake was doing it but I also wasn't smart. Up until then I'd only dabbled with comics, tv shows, and older movies. This movie was still in theaters. Also, I didn't use any sort of ip blocker...I got cocky.

The letter was only a warning but it was enough to quit cold turkey. With the fall of demonoid making the choice all the more easy.

Yeah I noticed last night that Dish has gotten AMC back but looks like we still don't have IFC.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I was happy to see Lew Temple on this last episode. I wonder if he is who I think he is from the comic?
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Why did AMC ruin its own big suprise in the "previously on the walking dead" recap before the show? Thats just silly
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Why did AMC ruin its own big suprise in the "previously on the walking dead" recap before the show? Thats just silly

I thought something was shown that made me think something like that. Would you mind explaining what you saw?
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Planeis said:

It was something they could've left out. But they'd already shown the scene of them in the jeep on Comic Book Men the week before (which really listened to the criticism of last season and has gotten better, and cut down to only 30 min)

I wish they would just go back and forth between the jail one week and woodbury the next for a month. Looks like in the previews from next week that won't be the case though.

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    The last 5 min of the 3rd ep goes to a very, very disturbing place...
  • Options
    It's weird...I had COMPLETELY forgotten that aspect of The Governor until the last sequence of last night's episode. I should do a Great Re-Read of the comic.
  • Options
    When he started to sit down in that chair, I had the visual in my head from the comic and, even while alone, I said out loud, "oh crap".
  • Options
    I'm in a very weird spot.

I really like the show... but I also really liked the comic... up to about this point.

We are approaching the roundabout area when I stopped reading the comics. Why did I stop reading the comics? Because it became too much for me. For those who have read the comic, and you remember what happens around this time, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about. For those who haven't read it, I won't spoil anything.

I had hoped as this series moved forward, diverging from the comic storylines, that maybe, just maybe what turned me from the comic would be avoided, or at least, delayed a few more seasons, but right now... it seems very close.

Depending on how closely this follows the comic... I may be done with this show very shortly.

It is an odd feeling, to be thoroughly enjoying something, and keenly aware that that enjoyment may end very soon.
  • Options
    danGPdanGP Posts: 65
    We've just had episode 2 in the UK and it looks like we won't have to worry about decompression this season.
  • Options

I'm in a very weird spot.

I really like the show... but I also really liked the comic... up to about this point.

We are approaching the roundabout area when I stopped reading the comics. Why did I stop reading the comics? Because it became too much for me. For those who have read the comic, and you remember what happens around this time, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about. For those who haven't read it, I won't spoil anything.

I had hoped as this series moved forward, diverging from the comic storylines, that maybe, just maybe what turned me from the comic would be avoided, or at least, delayed a few more seasons, but right now... it seems very close.

Depending on how closely this follows the comic... I may be done with this show very shortly.

It is an odd feeling, to be thoroughly enjoying something, and keenly aware that that enjoyment may end very soon.

I've read the comic (1st 48 issues,will get the vol2 compendium for Xmas.) up to the end of the prison story and there's a lot in the arc that happens. Can you give some clues as to what made you stop or just pm me and tell me out right? I'm thinking it may have to do with Michonne.
  • Options
    I guess Merle is taking Rick's place at the "chopping block" I wonder if Rick will gadget-up sometime.
  • Options
    I think Merle is gonna chop Ricks hand off for revenge or try to but Daryl will be there to put an arrow into his brother.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Just watched the 4th episode. Right when you think it can't get any more brutal....
    This season they get me every time. I'm used to a lot of borderline stuff but this is very sick. At least that's how I felt after letting myself be fully immersed into the story. I was there.....I felt with them. My eyes teared up. The Walking Dead is some depressing shit.
    And still - I want more.....
  • Options
    I rewatched the last five minutes in the encore and it was even tougher.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Depressing, emotional, shocking w/ some upside & a bundle of joy at the end. Poor Rick!

Matthew
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I get the complaints about last seasons pacing and I understand (though it didnt bother me), but personally I think this season is moving almost too fast. The prison idea worked better in the books because you saw the potential of it and the cast had time to feel hope etc. before everything turned to hell. Here the prison is just a backdrop for the hell aready in progress.

Ironically I was thinking of how expendable T-dog was early in the episode and wondered why they havnt gotten rid of him yet / when will they finally.

I hope the dont cut off Ricks hand and doubt they will. I wouldnt be surprised though if they break it. Either similar to the books or in another way. It would ruin the show for me if Rick was running around with a rediculous fake amputation ala Merle.
  • Options
    batlaw said:

I hope the dont cut off Ricks hand and doubt they will. I wouldnt be surprised though if they break it. Either similar to the books or in another way. It would ruin the show for me if Rick was running around with a rediculous fake amputation ala Merle.

Not drawing a hand, in the comics, is a lot easier than practical effects, ala Merle, or digital effects should they not want to use a prop.
  • Options
    That (ep 4) was quite an episode. I was pretty surprised T-Dog died because I thought we would at least get some back story/character development on him before he went. Would have made his death more meaningful. Still, at least he got a decent last ep - took a moral stand, and then died saving Carol (although slightly less heroic in that he was going to die anyway).

Lori's death was a big surprise. I thought they did that well, too (although it was slightly blunted to me b/c I guess it didn't seem 100% clear to me that she was going to die after the C-Section. Wasn't there SOME chance they could have stopped the bleeding and stabilized her for an hour or so until they could maybe get her medical supplies/treatment?) I liked her last words to Carl tho - b/c we've seen how cold Carl's gotten in the comic after Lori died - perhaps this will help keep him more human? OTOH, Lori's death in the comic was one of the most shocking things I've ever seen - and now we won't get to see that on the show.

I liked Rick's losing it upon learning Lori died. He'll feel pretty guilty about blowing her off and for not being there when she needed him. Will be interesting to see the effects on his character. Will he get even tougher/colder? Or perhaps try to regain humanity a bit?

Overall, quite the stunner for only the 4th ep of the year. Wonder what will happen next? Will they settle into the Prison for a while and make it "home" before the Governor shows up? Will be interesting to see!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    Really liked Andrew Licoln's break down. It almost seemed over the top until you think what would a real person do in the instance and I think he nailed it.

I still think they should have said. Hey wait let's just go check the door and see if we can't get Herschel in here one more time before we slice you in half.

And poor T-dog, just when I almost cared they killed you off. He really seemed to be sad about it on Talking Dead too. Though also seemed like a bit of a ham.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I knew she'd die at the prison(just not in this way) so I wasn't as shocked as my wife. My poor, dear wife cried and cried. :(