Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The LEGO Thread - Brickheads Unite!

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Hasbro's Kre-O isn't nearly as good as Lego, of course, but Amazon has crazy deals on the Star Trek sets today (12/12)... the Enterprise is 76% off, from $70 down to $17! I had to jump on that one.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Hasbro's Kre-O isn't nearly as good as Lego, of course, but Amazon has crazy deals on the Star Trek sets today (12/12)... the Enterprise is 76% off, from $70 down to $17! I had to jump on that one.

I look at those sets, and all I can think of is how much better they'd be if they were designed by LEGO.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I look at those sets, and all I can think of is how much better they'd be if they were designed by LEGO.
    No argument there. I feel the same way about the Doctor Who sets from Character Building.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I saw the nightwing glider set yesterday at walmart. Nightwing looks really cool I passed on the set for right now.
  • Options
    Ooooh, I didn't know they were coming out early. Thanks for the heads up, @mwhitt80!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Newest Lego Cuusoo set is released on 1/1/14 - the NASA Curiosity rover:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89693

It's a little pricy for a bricks-only set ($30), but still, that's pretty cool.
  • Options
    The local Target had two of the new Batman sets out today - the Bat-Copter/Nightwing/Man-Bat set and the Riddler Chase (new Batmobile, new Batman suit, new Riddler suit, Riddler dragster, and the Flash) - as well as several Lego Movie sets and the Lego Movie minifigure assortment. Psyched I was able to find the Abraham Lincoln minifigure I wanted so much (the top hat and beard are one piece, so feel for that and the square Gettysburg Address tile) and the movie's main character Emmet for the kiddo.
  • Options
    Simpsons house front of box image leaked, here via Brickset.
  • Options
    Huge rundown of later-this-year releases announced at London Toy Fair, via The Brick Fan. Some highlights:

- Agents is coming back as Ultra Agents. I'm excited about this as I missed the line the first time around and I'm now into the idea of making Bond/SHIELD-type stuff.

- Lots of arctic-based stuff that will stretch the definition of "City" but I'm curious to see what these look like.

- More Lego Movie sets, finally including Benny the 1980s Space Guy, complete with big 1980s-style Space line spaceship. Ugly as hell but oh so very nostalgic!

- More Chima (including a Phoenix tribe, which is intriguing) and Ninjago.

- And the highlight for me, more Marvel sets, including Guardians of the Galaxy and FINALLY another X-Men set (but, alas, still no Danger Room... gonna have to build that myself one of these days):
    Cyclops is confirmed in the X-Men set along with the X-Jet aka Blackbird. Cyclops will be in his Astonishing X-Men outfit. Storm will have a black outfit and Magneto will have white slicked back hair. The X-Jet will have a different look from the comics and the Marvel Super Heroes video game. The front of the jet is blunt and will be smaller than the Avengers Quinjet.

The 2015 LEGO DC sets will be delayed until 2016 to coincide with the Batman Vs Superman movie. A new DC range will be replacing it in the meantime for next year.

Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy (76019) – 196 pcs – $19.99
    Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy (76020) – 433 pcs – $39.99
    Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy (76021) – 665 pcs – $74.99
    Marvel X-Men (76022) – 336 pcs – $49.99
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Also, additional Batman stuff (beyond the early 2014 releases) is being pushed back because of the Batman/Superman movie, so they may expand beyond the Bat in the meantime for the next set of DC releases.

And about damn time, too!

Also also, Super Heroes are apparently now considered an "evergreen" line like Star Wars or the classic lines like City or Space, so we'll probably be seeing those for a while to come, which makes me pretty damn happy. \:D/
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm all in on the Marvel sets. It's going to be an expensive lego year. I might have to quit comics for this one.

Plus when you add in a new train and the smpson house + minifigures. It looks like I'm ging to be mostly out of the comics game (I'll still get Hulk, Ghost Rider and knights of the dinner table I've got too crazy of long runs for me to bail on those).
  • Options
    The Simpsons set was delivered to my door yesterday... woohoo! I built the car and probably not even a tenth of the house so far.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Picked up the Nightwing set - because Nightwing. :)
  • Options
    I got the flash/riddler set. 2 weeks ago (before my little girl was born, I'm proud papa in case you are wondering).

For Christmas my mother in law gave the Kings Castle set and with some expiring lego pts I ending up getting the Dragon Mountain set. When I decide to clean up the back room I'll post some pictures. Prepare to be jealous ;)
  • Options
    Been on a Bond kick lately, and I had the pieces, so...

And the Daniel Craig variant:

Have a few ideas for a car-based set-up I want to do along these lines next. Probably adapt an existing car rather than attempt to replicate an Aston Martin, but I think it'll be fun.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

Have a few ideas for a car-based set-up I want to do along these lines next. Probably adapt an existing car rather than attempt to replicate an Aston Martin, but I think it'll be fun.

Nice!

You might find some useful parts from the Monster Fighters Crazy Scientist set. We picked it up right after Christmas because we found it marked down to $30. The car in that set is very cool, though not modern looking enough for Bond.

• Options

Nice!

You might find some useful parts from the Monster Fighters Crazy Scientist set. We picked it up right after Christmas because we found it marked down to $30. The car in that set is very cool, though not modern looking enough for Bond.

I picked up the Creator 3-in-1 Blue Roadster a little while back and think I'll use that for Bond... it might be a little too modern (reminds me a bit of Brosnan's BMW) but it's easily modded and the steering wheel's already on the righthand side of the car. :)

If I can't find a good car to be chasing Bond, though, I may use the one that came with the Monster Fighters set that I picked up on clearance a while back, the Werewolf/Tree set. There was another 3-in-1 car set that I might use, though, since I think it could make a 2-seater old-timey hot rod.
  • Options

- Agents is coming back as Ultra Agents. I'm excited about this as I missed the line the first time around and I'm now into the idea of making Bond/SHIELD-type stuff.

I regularly kick myself for not getting the "sharks with frikking laser beams" set.
  • Options

- More Lego Movie sets, finally including Benny the 1980s Space Guy, complete with big 1980s-style Space line spaceship. Ugly as hell but oh so very nostalgic!

Ugly?

Ugly!

Bah!
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    'Brickheads' I need your help! I heard somewhere that because of Lego Cuusoo, they are releasing an Ecto-1 set sometime in the future. That is something I need in my life. Is this true, are my two favorite childhood toys finally uniting?
  • Options
    How can we help? By answering your question with a "yes"?

Well, yes, that is true.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Guys, you have made me very happy. That looks great! I better start saving now. Do we have a release date yet by any chance?
  • Options
    No date, just this year.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

This was a prototype. The kit will be based on it. No firehouse, though, just Ecto-1 and minifigs.

Also, the kit may be simplified a bit, as was the case with last year's Back to the Future Delorean.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    The Lego Movie is at 99% on Rotten Tomatoes?! Looking forward to taking my son tomorrow!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I have to go...this weekend...something/anything...
  • Options
    The wife's away for the weekend, so the kiddo and I are going tomorrow afternoon, then hitting up the Lego Store afterward. Really looking forward to it.