Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What did you buy today?

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Demon Knights #8
    The old collection of the 80s Hawkeye mini-series from the half-price trades box. Cover price of $5.95, so I got it for less than $3. A winner is me!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Demon Knights #8
    The old collection of the 80s Hawkeye mini-series from the half-price trades box. Cover price of $5.95, so I got it for less than $3. A winner is me!
    I remember really enjoying that mini when I was reading it as it came out.

• Options
    Demon Knights #8
    I remember really enjoying that mini when I was reading it as it came out.

I've read the first two issues, but never the rest, so I'm excited to dig into this. I love those 80s Marvel 4 issue limited series. I'd like to see them put out more collections of those. They've done a few as Premiere Hardcovers, but I'd like them in cheaper trades, even if they have to put in a little extra material to do so. The Falcon mini, for instance, was fantastic, and I don't know that it's ever been collected in any form.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Orchid #6
    Batman and Robin #8
    Batgirl #8
    Green Lantern #8
  • Options
    The "Sad when "Mudman" is my most anticipated book of the week" edition :)

FAIREST #2 - I think I'm done with this already.
    GI JOE COBRA ONGOING TP VOL 02 COBRA CIVIL WAR
    HOW TO DRAW TRANSFORMERS SC
    MUDMAN #3 - This is my most anticipated comic of the week. Loving it!
    VALEN OUTCAST MAIN CVRS #5 - I'm enjoying the hell out of this run.
    The "so we're just continuing this single thread forever?" edition

ADVENTURE TIME #3
    ALABASTER WOLVES RUTH CVR #1 (OF 5) - Really looking forward to this!
    CARNAGE U.S.A. #5 (OF 5) - This is horrible. It has taken a complete turn for shit after the second issue. It was already pulled though so I have to finish it. Pure crap.
    DEADPOOL #53
    DEMON KNIGHTS #8
    NORTHLANDERS #50 - Completely gutted at this ending. The saddest I've been about a comic in a very long time.
    ORCHID #6 - Why do I keep buying this? I hear it ends at #8.
    SAGA #2 - THE standout this week! I can't wait. I'm like a fat kid waiting to get at the cake with this.
    STEAMPUNK SKETCHBOOK ONE SHOT - I like steampunk, I can't help it.
    THE STRANGE TALENT OF LUTHER STRODE, VOL 01 TP - Finally able to read this!
    VICTORIAN SECRET AGENTS STEAMPUNK ANGELS ONE SHOT - I love steampunk, and females.
    ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS ASHLEY WOOD PORTFOLIO SET - I hate Ashley Wood and unfortunately had this pulled from a long time ago when I did have a small bit of respect for him. I have none now. The way he treats his fans and runs his company is a complete scam and I wish him the worst.
    If there is a Paul Grist comic coming out and it is the most anticipated book for you, that's not sad. That is the normal response for most people who have actually read a Paul Grist book. I am looking forward to Alabaster Wolves as well though I'm gonna get that in trade, because I just read her work on the Dreaming last year and it was amazing, and I've been working through her novels, and Lieber is awesome. But what I actually bought today was:
    Batgirl #8
    Batwoman #8
    Demon Knights #8
    Saucer Country #2
    Scarlet Spider #4
    Also thought really hard about picking up Sandman Mystery Theatre Trades, but then I forgot which ones I actually have already.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    @Modern_Lover I am a fan of Grist's and enjoy Mudman, it wasn't a slight just that it isn't mind-blowing and when that is my big moment for the week I had to kind of laugh. Unfortunately #3 wasn't so great and had an odd feeling to it like it was rushed (even though late) and it didn't do much at all.

Alabaster Wolves was my letdown this week. It isn't terrible but it has a lot of shortcomings all around and I don't think it succeeded. It's off my pull list already. They tried though and it might find its way eventually, but for a 5-part and what seems like ongoing arcs there just wasn't anything to make me want to keep it up, not even the link to the prior work.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    In sticking with my new creed I bought Demon Knights #8 Digitally from the DC App.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The "I read Bendis' only Batman story in a tpb & it was very good" Edition

BATMAN #8
    CINDERELLA FABLES ARE FOREVER TPB (MR)
    FABLES #116 (MR)
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #8
    PUNISHER #10 OMEGA CROSSOVER

Matthew
  • Options
    The "End of the road for Batman" edition:

BATMAN #8 - This is it. Gone from my pull list. At $3.99 I will wait for the discounted HC trade and read it then. I got the 1st HC trade for the cost of just 3 issues and it doesn't make sense not to for me. I also have a feeling this series is going to start to fizzle a little bit, we'll see.
    PEANUTS #4 (OF 4) - So sad to see this end. Loved every one!
    TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MICRO SERIES LEONARDO #4 - This new run is OK, I buy it more out of habit than anything.
    THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #2 - This will be make or break for me. It will either blow me away and I stay on in monthly or it gets pushed to a trade buy or possibly even a drop altogether. I am looking forward to see how it fares eagerly!
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    BATMAN #8
    THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #2
    then fight my urge to buy BATGIRL #8 again...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The "End of the road for Batman" edition:

BATMAN #8 - This is it. Gone from my pull list. At $3.99 I will wait for the discounted HC trade and read it then. I got the 1st HC trade for the cost of just 3 issues and it doesn't make sense not to for me. I also have a feeling this series is going to start to fizzle a little bit, we'll see.
    @Zhurrie I don't blame you on the increase on Batman as it is a bit much & it has to be dang good to support that price. With that said, I dropped two other Batfamily books to buy this monthly. It does feel good to buy a (mini) series that you want to keep on going. I plan on buying the Popeye HC or tpb myself.

Matthew
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi #3
    Batman #8 - This also is my last issue of Batman
    Justice League #8
    TMNT Microseries #4 Leonardo
    Transformers More Then Meets the Eye #4
    Amazing Spider-Man #684
    Avengers #25
    Incredible Hulk #7
    Peanuts #4
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Batman #8 (Make or break issue... gonna have to be flawlessly awesome at that price)
    Supergirl #8 (Perez art, and the re-introduction of Silver Banshee, one of my favorite post-COIE Super-family villains. Woot!)
  • Options
    Addendum:

I almost forgot one of the BEST of the week! Resident Alien #0! It is basically a reprint of what was in the Dark Horse Presents but I loved it there and look forward to this mini-series!

D&D Eberron Annual
    And I am trying to track down a copy of The Survivalist one-shot

I actually passed on my copy of Manhattan Projects the shipment all had a printing defect on the cover of a small white dot/crescent on the dark cover on the left-hand side. Are they all like this? It really sucks.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    BATMAN #8
    THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #2
    then fight my urge to buy BATGIRL #8 again...

failed in fighting my urge, and I found a Saga #2...
    :-bd

enjoyed the Manhattan Projects #2 already
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Batman #8
    NIghtwing #8
    Green Lantern Corps #8
    Justice League #8
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Addendum:

I almost forgot one of the BEST of the week! Resident Alien #0! It is basically a reprint of what was in the Dark Horse Presents but I loved it there and look forward to this mini-series!

D&D Eberron Annual
    And I am trying to track down a copy of The Survivalist one-shot

I actually passed on my copy of Manhattan Projects the shipment all had a printing defect on the cover of a small white dot/crescent on the dark cover on the left-hand side. Are they all like this? It really sucks.
    I'm looking forward to Resident Alien as well. I dug it in DHP.

My copy of Manhattan Projects #2 doesn't have that defect you are talking about, so it must have been only some of them. Bummer.
  • Options
    Oh, wait, I forgot the stuff that came in for me at DCBS. Since I went back to doing most of my shopping at the LCS, I order there so infrequently that I forget to check:

Shadow #1
    Showcase Presents All Star Squadron Vol. 1
    Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Vol. 1
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Yesterday I picked up (digitally) Legion of Superheroes #7 and 8. This is another title I'm determined to support with my digital dollars and then buy the trades as they come out. The artwork has always been excellent, and while I'm a relative Legion neophyte, it hasn't been TOO difficult to figure out a lot of it.
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    RESIDENT ALIEN #0
    BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED #3
    YOUNG JUSTICE #15
    GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #177
    NEAR DEATH #7
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN #2
    DEFENDERS #5
    NEW MUTANTS #41
    NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
  • Options
    Addendum:

John Byrne The Many Deaths of Batman tpb
    Batman/Green Arrow The Poison Tomorrow OGN
    Madame Mirage tpb
    some digest sized comic called Exurbia by Scott Allie & Kevin McGovern

Matthew
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The "I have a lot to read this week edition & get organized in some sane order before the next DCBS box gets here" Edition

SUPERMAN #8
    BATMAN KNIGHTFALL VOL. 1 (NEW EDITION)
    DAREDEVIL #11 (OMEGA CROSSOVER)
    FF #17

Matthew

PS
    What is your comic related organization crisis (if you have one)?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The "xenophobic" edition

B.P.R.D.: HELL ON EARTH - THE PICKENS COUNTY HORROR #2 (OF 2) - meh.
    BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL, VOL 01 TP (NEW EDITION)
    MOON KNIGHT #12 - Sad to see it end but glad it is ending properly.
    TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #9

@mguy1977, currently my biggest problem is finding a way to sell/trade the large stack of books I just culled in a Spring cleaning without only getting 10-20% of their value. If only a LCS would offer a fair trade-in/store credit program.

I just alphabetized and organized all of my single issues, now the plan is to organize my trades and I am torn between going by alphabet or my personal ranking of the book(s) in my top 100, which I thought would be fun. I also got some comic frames in and need to actually get the comics in them and get them hung.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited April 2012
    Voodoo #8
    TMNT #9
    Transformers Robots in Disguise #4
    FF #17
    New Avengers #25

My organizational crisis: I have a small breakfast bar in my bedroom where I do all of my comic organizing. I keep the stuff to be read in a short box with a pack a bags and boards. Right now I have two months of DCBS orders and a good number of back issues, 110+ comics in all waiting to be read and/or bagged then put away in the proper long box.

Since @Zhurrie mentioned it, I've also been going through my collection and have been trying to rid myself of issues I no longer want, need or what not, I'm up to about a longbox and half of issues that need to go.

Keeping the trades organized is a chore also. The kids are always grabbing at something to read and never put the books back, they stack 'em on the breakfast bar with everything else.
  • Options
    Aquaman #8
    Snarked! #7
    Shazam #22
    Spidey Super Stories #38

UPS only delivered 11 of the 12 boxes my shop was supposed to get from Diamond, so I'll need to go back for Daredevil later.
  • Options

i didn't even know #4 was the last one. it was so good! can't wait for garfield #1 now! hope peanuts had good enough sales that they bring it back for an ongoing.
  • Options

i didn't even know #4 was the last one. it was so good! can't wait for garfield #1 now! hope peanuts had good enough sales that they bring it back for an ongoing.
    Yeah the Peanuts are in for only 4 issues. Garfield from BoomKids is an ongoing series. I checked Previews to be sure.

Matthew
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    i bought secret wars #8 out of the dollar bin yesterday

it wasn't in good condition and i've read it a while back but i just decided i couldn't put it back and it should go home with me

i also bought Fire by brian michael bendis and what if steve rogers had refused to give up being captain america
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    FEB120229 ALL STAR WESTERN #8 $3.99
    FEB120288 AMERICAN VAMPIRE #26 (MR) $2.99
    FEB120227 BLACKHAWKS #8 $2.99
    FEB120169 FLASH #8 $2.99
    FEB120209 GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #8 $2.99
    FEB120215 I VAMPIRE #8 $2.99
    FEB120214 JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #8 $2.99
    FEB120230 TEEN TITANS #8 $2.99
    FEB120226 VOODOO #8 $2.99

MAR110472 ART OF AMANDA CONNER HC $29.99