Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What did you buy today?

Comments

• mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The "I read Fairest #1 today & it was pretty good" Edition

ACTION COMICS #8
    JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #8
    LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT JIM APARO HC
    SWAMP THING #8 (last issue for me)
    DAREDEVIL 10.1
    FATALE #4 (MR)

Matthew

*from my DCBS box
  • ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    The "Sad when "Mudman" is my most anticipated book of the week" edition :)

FAIREST #2 - I think I'm done with this already.
    GI JOE COBRA ONGOING TP VOL 02 COBRA CIVIL WAR
    HOW TO DRAW TRANSFORMERS SC
    MUDMAN #3 - This is my most anticipated comic of the week. Loving it!
    VALEN OUTCAST MAIN CVRS #5 - I'm enjoying the hell out of this run.
    @Zhurrie What turned you off on Fairest so quickly without spoilers or in spoiler tags?

Thanks.

Matthew
    Nothing really bad, just that I already am grabbing all of the Deluxe HCs for Fables and even that series is good but never really outstanding. They are fun and enjoyable enough but I just didn't have anything grab me at all about the first issue of Fairest that made me want more. We'll see, I may go in for issue #3 and my mind may change, but it really does just seem like more of the same for the sake of having more. The paper kind of bugs me too, but I admit I have a personal obsession with that kind of thing and it probably doesn't matter to anyone else :)
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The "Please pass me a beer and a vicodin" edition.

Looney Tunes #206
    How To Draw Transformers SC
    Danger Club #1
    Skullkickers #13
    Skullkickers Treasure Trove HC
    Amazing Spider-Man #683

@Zhurrie - How good is Valen? This one got under my radar.
    @Zhurrie Thanks for your thoughts Zhurrie. The geeks mentioned the paper quality in their review on the OTR episode. I may go for tpbs on Fairest after Willingham's 1st arc & the Fables Deluxe Editions are great to reread the series. Long live Fables!

Matthew
    @Greg f'king awesome. Seriously, this is consistently so damn good and everyone at the one LCS I go to is now pulling it after I turned them on to it. One of the more underrated books coming out right now IMO. The story is great, the team is great, the art is great, I even end up buying both A&B covers each time because they are so different and amazing.

I think it is under a lot of people's radar and I wish it weren't. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed if you went back and picked them up.
    @Zhurrie - Thanks, and with that kind of endorsment I'll be hunting the back issues down today.
    @Greg OK I just finished reading #5... TWICE. Seriously the art in this issue is off the charts! Between this and Ichiro I feel like I am the only person even reading them, but they are mind-blowingly awesome. Sweet Jeebus, the art is just incredible.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Daredevil 10.1
    Secret Avengers #22 (my LCS must've re-ordered this; I liked the line-up, so I figured I'd give it a shot)

From the back issue bins:
    Shazam! #23
  • JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    edited April 2012
    i don't remember what I got on my dcbs order but I got this from my LCS and Comixology

Age of Apocalypse #2
    Fanboys vs Zombies #1
    Amazing Spiderman #682
    Supreme #63
    Avengers vs X-Men Infini #1 (comixology)
    Sweet Tooth #32
    Ultimate Spiderman #9
    Danger Club #1 (comixology)
    Supurbia #2 (comixology)
    nobody but me got the new Atomic Robo book? You guys are missing out if you haven't read Atomic Robo.

I got:

FF 16
    Flash 7
    Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures 1
    I got it last week on Comixology, I collect Atomic Robo in Trade, read it digitally
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    just bought and downloaded (same day as print):

Avengers vs.X-Men #1: Infinite
    Fanboys vs. Zombies #1
    Supreme #63
    edited April 2012
    yay! let me know what you think of Fanboys vs Zombies :D

@zhurrie I've been reading Valen as well, love it but have since moved to trade, on my order dcbs order this month
    @JohnTilton you screwed up man, #5 may have some of the best artwork yet! At least flip through it in a shop, seriously, you have to at least see this thing.

Fanboys v Zombs is up first on my stack and I just got home! I picked up the Atomic Robo last week and I love the series but thought it was terrible. Really bad.
    @zhurrie I have issues 1-5 either on order or already have them. I generally pick up the first batch of issues until the trade is solicited and then decide if I want to keep getting it monthly. It saves me a couple bucks and with the way my memory works I generally read most things in trade. getting a large chunk of the story at one time makes it easier for me to remember and easily recall what happened.
    @JohnTilton you and me both, I've almost entirely moved to trades. Valen is one of my exceptions, I love everything about it.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Welcome back Kotter-the DC Tresury sized comic
    Superman and Flash-Treasury sized comic
    Superman and Shazam-Treasury Sized comic
    Secret Origins of Super Villians-Treasury Sized comic
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Didn't even know there are Welcome back Kotter comics :-O - Loved the show aeons ago. Another thing I need to check out....damn.....
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Didn't even know there are Welcome back Kotter comics :-O - Loved the show aeons ago. Another thing I need to check out....damn.....
    I want to say besides the treasury edition there was also a short lived normal sized comic run. WBK is one of the few sitcoms where I have seen every episode at least 3 times. But if it was airing on a channel I got I would watch it every day. Now whoever owns it needs to put out the rest of the seasons on dvd.

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Action #8.
    O.M.A.C. #8 (R.I.P.)
    Daredevil #10.1 (My first new Marvel comic in several years!)
    @JohnTilton I posted my reaction in the FvZ thread but since you asked here I'll give the short answer. No, sir, I didn't like it. The art kind of grew on me (not the inking) and the writing seemed really hollow and devoid of anything to make me care or even laugh or put me in the action. This one fell flat for me.

Mudman similarly let me down a good bit and felt like it was rushed and a bit of a mess especially with the long delay for it and I am optimistic it will pick up again next issue but aside from Valen #5 this was a low week for me.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Superman and Flash-Treasury sized comic
    Superman and Shazam-Treasury Sized comic
    Secret Origins of Super Villians-Treasury Sized comic
    Nice finds, the Superman/Shazam one especially, that one's hard to come by. I've seen one exactly once, and luckily it was within my price range. Think I picked that up the same day I got the Legion of Super-Heroes treasury with the Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl wedding, a.k.a. "That Damned Tabloid." That was a good day. :D
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited April 2012
    "The DCBS came in today" Edition
    Too much awesome stuff
    Wolverine and Nick Fury Scorpio tpb
    Ghostbusters vol 1 tpb (this had better be good JamieD)
    KoDT - 184
    Adventure TIme - 2
    Ghost Rider - 9 (saddness of cancellation seeps into my bones, even if the series had a crappy premise)

and finally my favorite item I've gotten in a long time...

Showcase Presents Young Love - if I have ever learned anything it was from comics. Steroids shrink your wing-yang-doodle (Liefeld's Captain America), if there is a problem punch it right in mouth, before it has a chance to explain, don't trust your arch-nemesis, ever, the reformed pshycopath is going to snap, claws/telepathic spike are going to rip through your skull. Now I must conquer man's greatest challenge the fickle heart's of the fairer sex.
  • not a big week for me this time

action comics 8
    animal man 8
    swamp thing 8
    ultimate spidey 9
    fatale 4
    hell yeah 2
    The "It is nice to hear good things about AvX from my Marvel friends" Edition

BATMAN AND ROBIN #8 (last issue for me)
    BATWOMAN #8
    SAGA #2 (MR)
    FANTASTIC FOUR #605
    AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #6 OMEGA CROSSOVER
    BATMAN THE KILLING JOKE DELUXE EDITION HC (to fill the hole left from the Alan Moore DCU Universe HC)

Matthew
    Alabaster Wolves #1
    Saga #2
    Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky
    Fanatstic Four #605
    Adventure Time #3
    The "so we're just continuing this single thread forever?" edition

ADVENTURE TIME #3
    ALABASTER WOLVES RUTH CVR #1 (OF 5) - Really looking forward to this!
    CARNAGE U.S.A. #5 (OF 5) - This is horrible. It has taken a complete turn for shit after the second issue. It was already pulled though so I have to finish it. Pure crap.
    DEADPOOL #53
    DEMON KNIGHTS #8
    NORTHLANDERS #50 - Completely gutted at this ending. The saddest I've been about a comic in a very long time.
    ORCHID #6 - Why do I keep buying this? I hear it ends at #8.
    SAGA #2 - THE standout this week! I can't wait. I'm like a fat kid waiting to get at the cake with this.
    STEAMPUNK SKETCHBOOK ONE SHOT - I like steampunk, I can't help it.
    THE STRANGE TALENT OF LUTHER STRODE, VOL 01 TP - Finally able to read this!
    VICTORIAN SECRET AGENTS STEAMPUNK ANGELS ONE SHOT - I love steampunk, and females.
    ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS ASHLEY WOOD PORTFOLIO SET - I hate Ashley Wood and unfortunately had this pulled from a long time ago when I did have a small bit of respect for him. I have none now. The way he treats his fans and runs his company is a complete scam and I wish him the worst.
    edited April 2012
    @zhurrie Pretty much since everyone have the ability to bookmark threads with a star. It makes it a less of a headache. It is what makes this forum different from the other earlier version.

Matthew

@Zhurrie, where did you find the steampunk books?
    My LCS knows I am the only person that buys these so they always pull one of everything they put out. I always end up buying them. In the Gearhearts, Chase Sheridan does it for me ;)