Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What did you buy today?

Comments

• ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    The "nothing but Saga matters" edition:

ADVENTURE TIME #5
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: COMEDIAN #1 (OF 6) - I don't even want this but I had bought the pack from DCBS
    JUXTAPOZ JUL 2012 #138 - I love this art mag
    MARS ATTACKS #1 - Again, DCBS discount buy
    SAGA #4 - F'K YEAH! Cannot wait!!!
    SNAKE EYES & STORM SHADOW #14 - Will be buying both covers if they are awesome and matched as #13.
    TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MICRO SERIES SPLINTER #5 - I love Splinter.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited June 2012
    @mguy1977 - Yeah, I have read a few issues of SiP and Echo but never finished either series. It was about time that I did.
  • bustybusty Posts: 104
    Got some new batteries.
  • jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Nightwing #10
    Green Lantern Corps #10
    Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who #1
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Avengers vs X-Men #6
    Daredevil #14
    Supergirl #10
    Snarked #9
    Ame-Comi II: Batgirl #1 (via Comixology)
    @busty, I like to believe you are a large sweaty stereotypical male comic nerd and an epic troll :)
  • TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    I broke down and got the Atomic Robo trades that were on sale on Comixology. Have yet to read any yet though :(
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Got some new batteries.
    There should be an "Intrigued" badge.
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I haven't bought a comic in 3 weeks. Haven't missed them, yet.
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I found a $10 bill on the street while walking the dog.
  • bustybusty Posts: 104
    edited June 2012
    @busty, I like to believe you are a large sweaty stereotypical male comic nerd and an epic troll :)
    Well I probably have the same bust size,lol.

• QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Here is what I bought this week.
    Nightwing #10
    Saga #4
    TMNT Micro Series Splinter #5
    Dark Horse Presents #13
  • mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The "I passed the annual apt. inspection w/ a 'very, very good' rating & they didn't nit pick me over this or that" Edition

JUSTICE LEAGUE #10
    SUPERMAN #10
    SUPERMAN FAMILY ADVENTURES #2
    FF #19
    FATALE #6 (MR)

Matthew
    Justice League #10
    Superman Family Adventures #2
    Voodoo #10
    ST:TNG/Dr. Who #2
    Transformers More Than Meets The Eye #6 (yay)
    Amazing Spider-Man #688
    FF #19
    Incredible Hulk #10
    The "dry week" edition:

ANNA AND FROGA WANT A GUMBALL HC - I've had the advance copy for a while and still buying the HC to support D&Q and this book. It is really excellent.
    BEFORE WATCHMEN: NITE OWL #1 (OF 4) - Bleh, part of the DCBS package.
    DUNGEONS & DRAGONS FORGOTTEN REALMS #2 - Make or break for this series for me, there are too many better fantasy books out to stick with it if it doesn't pick up. I like the art a lot though.
    RESIDENT ALIEN #2 - MY STANDOUT!!! I freaking can't wait! it is like a great Twilight Zone episode mixed with like Northern Exposure and all awesome. I love this mini.
    TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #11 - My stalwart companion. I love TMNT too much to not keep picking this up and I haven't even really begun to read them.

Game-time decision pick: Mind The Gap #2. It interests me but I don't know if I care or even want to read it. Plan to flip through it and make a call at the rack.
    I forgot about D & D Forgotten Realms #2. I couldn't finish #1 the writing just wasn't there for me and #2 was pre-ordered.
    @Greg yeah the writing was BAD. It is a shame too because the art is solid and even the concept is OK... we shall see. I'll be reading mine in about an hour.
    Probably won't be able to get to the LCS until Friday, but I did spend some trade credit at MyComicShop.com this week and this is what I got:

Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness TPB
    Avengers (1963 1st Series) 144 (first Hellcat!)
    Batman Gotham Adventures (1998) 11 (Riddler story)
    Brave and the Bold (1955 1st Series) 182 (Batman and the Robin and Batwoman of Earth 2)
    Brave and the Bold (1955 1st Series) 197 (Earth 2 Batman & Catwoman get married)
    Shazam (1973) 28
    Shazam (1973) 34
    Shazam (1973) 35
    Soupy Sales Comic Book (1965) 1 (one-shot from Archie at the height of Soupy's TV popularity)
  • DMowzyDMowzy Posts: 1
    I bought:
    Batman #5 (I heard good things about this one)
    Star Trek #10
    The Manhattan Projects #4
    New Avengers #27
    Secret Avengers #28 (I thought this was New Avengers #28. oops)
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Bought the latest Ame-Comi comic (Batgirl!) from DC Digital on my iPad.

What? They made comics outta them there cute lil' statues? Yes they did. Palmiotti and Conner on Wonder Woman, just to let you know. And here's the kicker - they're GOOD. Batgirl and Robin teaming up to take on Ivy, Harley, and Catwoman!

I'm guessing there'll be a print version down the road, but at 99 cents a pop these are simply too good to resist.

What? They made comics outta them there cute lil' statues? Yes they did. Palmiotti and Conner on Wonder Woman, just to let you know. And here's the kicker - they're GOOD. Batgirl and Robin teaming up to take on Ivy, Harley, and Catwoman!

I'm guessing there'll be a print version down the road, but at 99 cents a pop these are simply too good to resist.
    I was curious about the Wonder Woman one (especially with the Amanda Conner art) but didn't buy, but I totally caved on the first two Batgirl issues due in large part to the designs of the characters and how they were drawn by Sanford Greene, who I am now a huge fan of (get this man more work, STAT!). Don't know if I'll be reading on past these, but I may go back for the Wonder Woman issues at some point. Fun stuff.

I was curious about the Wonder Woman one (especially with the Amanda Conner art) but didn't buy, but I totally caved on the first two Batgirl issues due in large part to the designs of the characters and how they were drawn by Sanford Greene, who I am now a huge fan of (get this man more work, STAT!). Don't know if I'll be reading on past these, but I may go back for the Wonder Woman issues at some point. Fun stuff.
    I'm enjoying it and I'm also seeing it as an attempt by DC to dip their foot in the pool of creating completely new, digital-only stories, pricing them accordingly, and seeing if there might be an audience for them. I can see where it's headed - by the time all the issues they have planned are complete they should have enough for a decent-sized print version, which would be fine as well.

Content aside, this is what we fanboys have been screaming for - a 99-cent price point on digital. Granted, it isn't 22 pages, but it is delivering a very coherent and interesting storyline with great artwork. I'll own up to the idea that not everyone is an Ame-Comi fan. Fair enough. This is still something worth supporting - maybe paving the way for DC to try it out on other properties they own.

I'm enjoying it and I'm also seeing it as an attempt by DC to dip their foot in the pool of creating completely new, digital-only stories, pricing them accordingly, and seeing if there might be an audience for them. I can see where it's headed - by the time all the issues they have planned are complete they should have enough for a decent-sized print version, which would be fine as well.

Content aside, this is what we fanboys have been screaming for - a 99-cent price point on digital. Granted, it isn't 22 pages, but it is delivering a very coherent and interesting storyline with great artwork. I'll own up to the idea that not everyone is an Ame-Comi fan. Fair enough. This is still something worth supporting - maybe paving the way for DC to try it out on other properties they own.

So, you're a fan of the.99 cent price point?
    random73 - I think I'd probably buy a lot more books digitally if they were 99 cents as opposed to $3, sure. That said, I have no problem plunking the $3 each month for digital copies of Demon Knights, Legion, or anything else that catches my eye. I'm reminded of that joke about people who spend $700-1000 on a tablet only to immediately turn around and cry "extortion" when someone wants $2 for an app. :)

The reason these are 99 cents is because they have a smaller page count (I believe) and are not tied to an actual print book. I'd like to see them try more stuff like this.
    random73 - I think I'd probably buy a lot more books digitally if they were 99 cents as opposed to $3, sure. That said, I have no problem plunking the $3 each month for digital copies of Demon Knights, Legion, or anything else that catches my eye. I'm reminded of that joke about people who spend $700-1000 on a tablet only to immediately turn around and cry "extortion" when someone wants $2 for an app. :)

The reason these are 99 cents is because they have a smaller page count (I believe) and are not tied to an actual print book. I'd like to see them try more stuff like this.
    i ask because we were discussing digital models on another thread (competition vs community) and i was comparing the 4Star .99 cent model to the thrillbent advertising model. Now, Thrillbent has yet to get an app out for the tablet market but i think that is just a matter of time.
    Having finally been able to go to the LCS, I got:

Star Trek: TNG / Doctor Who #2
    Batman, Incorporated #2
    Aquaman #10
    Hypernaturals #1
    Simpsons Comics #191 (the kiddo's pick)
    @Greg Forgotten Realms #2 is unreadable. Entirely unreadable. #1 was bad, this is worse. Hopefully I save other people the wasted money and time... I didn't even bother to finish it. It is so jumpy with no actual dialogue and the most confusing and piss poor sequential art ever. This is a master class in bad comics. (in case it wasn't clear, I didn't like it :) )
    @Greg Forgotten Realms #2 is unreadable. Entirely unreadable. #1 was bad, this is worse. Hopefully I save other people the wasted money and time... I didn't even bother to finish it. It is so jumpy with no actual dialogue and the most confusing and piss poor sequential art ever. This is a master class in bad comics. (in case it wasn't clear, I didn't like it :) )
    Sounds like it needs to go to the Gallows!
    @random73 no, there isn't much dialogue just indecipherable panel after panel of grunts of oofs and "action" that I defy anyone to figure out what actually is happening in. What dialogue there is is actually short and just as useless. I actually think this is worth checking out just to see how bad it is.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited July 2012
    comiXology:

The Stuff of Legend Vol.1 - 3 (collections, 50% off)
    Black Metal Vol.1 - 2 (collections, due to Mikes' review)
    War of the Woods: Collected