Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What did you buy today?

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    @Zhurrie - Forgotten Realms #2 was horrible, I got three pages through it before I put it back. Is comic book writing not Ed Greenwood's thing? I don't remember the Forgotten Realms novels he did back in the day being this bad. I really hope Jim Zub pulls through on Pathfinder.
  • Options
    TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    comiXology:

The Stuff of Legend Vol.1 - 3 (collections, 50% off)
    I tried the first trade last night, loved it, and got the other two.

It's like Fables meets Toy Story, but more rated PG than R.

• Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    @Greg, Seriously this is so terrible it ranks in the absolute top bad comics of recent memory. I have no idea how you screw up this badly and in every single way. I seriously defy anyone to decipher what is happening in some of those panels. Well, now you know I wasn't exaggerating at all :)
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited July 2012
    The "We told the Brits years ago to get the hell out we don't want a monarchy as our government anymore by force & we want a say at the ballot box and form a better government for the citizens' interests" Edition

ACTION COMICS #11
    FAIREST #5 (MR)
    JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #11

Matthew
  • Options
    The "one if by land, two if by sea" edition

BATTLEPUG HC
    Earth 2 #3
    He-Man & The Masters of the Universe #1
    Worlds' Finest #3
    Transformers Robots In Disguise #7
    Amazing Spider-Man #689
    Deadpool #57
    Garfield #3
  • Options
    fought13fought13 Posts: 1
    Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1
    Detective Comics #11
    Epic Kill #3
    AVX #7
    Invincible IronMan #520
    Fury Max #4
    Deadpool #57
    Earh 2 #3
    Thief of Thieves #6
    Dial H #3
    Wolverine #310

I think I'm forgetting something.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Picked up the latest Ame-Comi book (Batgirl) digitally from DC. Really interested to see where this story goes, as they're teasing an ONGOING title at the end...
  • Options
    Locke & Key Vol 4 TPB
  • Options
    Earth 2 #2
    Batman Annual #1

Still haven't read either yet :(
  • Options
    The "I only paid for one comic" edition:

He-Man & The Masters of the Universe #1 - My LCS gave me a copy since I don't buy DC and they know I'm a big He-Man fan. I hadn't even noticed this was dropping.

Mind MGMT #2 - My LCS gave this to me because he said he only ordered it for me and since I wasn't planning on buying it he'd never sell it. (plus it was my B-Day so he was feeling generous)

Creator Owned Heroes #2 - I gladly bought and paid for this! Can't wait to read it! Easily my most anticipated book of the week (well, it was supposed to be the only book of the week so there's that :) )
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

(plus it was my B-Day so he was feeling generous)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY \:D/
  • Options
    Thanks, but I hope to never get another present like He-Man #1. Oof :/ Bad. I may give it back.
  • Options
    Overpriced iphone covers. They sounded cheap but the postage hammers you. Anyone know where you can get comic related iphone covers, specifically a red lantern or sinestro corps one?
    Thanks, but I hope to never get another present like He-Man #1. Oof :/ Bad. I may give it back.
    I looked at that for so long in previews when it was announce. Nice to see I dodged the bullet this time.
  • Options
    Okay, I read Earth 2 #2. I'm underwhelmed, but I know Starman took a while to really get moving, so I'll give it at least 6-12 issues.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Send it to Mike for Gallagher's Gallows :)
  • Options
    @Nick It is a quick read (like 5-10 mins max) and barely any dialogue so anyone can get through it... why they'd want to though is the question. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    @Nick - If I remember right, He-Man is one of the off the rack picks for this month, so Mike and the geeks will be covering it in an upcoming episode.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Bummer to hear it isn't that good - I'm enough of a He-Man whore (as is the wife) that we'll likely pick it up out of blind fandom... :)
  • Options
    Bummer to hear it isn't that good - I'm enough of a He-Man whore (as is the wife) that we'll likely pick it up out of blind fandom... :)
    YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!

;)
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    @Nick - If I remember right, He-Man is one of the off the rack picks for this month, so Mike and the geeks will be covering it in an upcoming episode.
    Yikes, so it'll be like a team Gallagher's Gallows? lol
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Worlds' Finest #3
    Avengers vs X-Men #7
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Even Though There Wasn't Really Any He-Man In It and Only Like Three Other Masters of the Universe Provided You Count Zoar as a Master of the Universe #1
    Supergirl (1970s series) #7
  • Options
    BetaRayBenBetaRayBen Posts: 50
    Overpriced iphone covers. They sounded cheap but the postage hammers you. Anyone know where you can get comic related iphone covers, specifically a red lantern or sinestro corps one?
    Try this:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/erindara?section_id=6265216

I believe they were at the last Wildpig Show. Maybe they would do a custom case for you ...
  • Options
    Just got the third Hellblazer trade. Looking forward to reading it. Just wish DC would get its trade policy in gear.
  • Options
    The "my dog hates me" edition

Ghostbusters Ongoing TPB vol 2
    Transformers Regeneration One #81
    Revival #1
    Avenging Spider-Man #9
    New Avengers #28
    Spider-Men #3
    Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens #1
    Munchkin Conan Booster Pack
    Munchkin The Guild Booster Pack
    Bag o' Munchkin Babes
  • Options
    The "No more buying of trades/HCs until I read my collection regina pile" Edition

BATMAN #11
    LOCKE & KEY VOL 05 CLOCKWORKS HC
    FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #33
    HELLBOY LIBRARY EDITION VOL. 5 HC

Matthew

PS
    In October, I will be a little sad for loosing Fantastic Four & FF as titles since they are being cancelled (well for a time anyway).
  • Options
    Just got the third Hellblazer trade. Looking forward to reading it. Just wish DC would get its trade policy in gear.
    They never do well unless it is Vertigo aka Fables, Scalped, etc...

Matthew

• Options
    The "Biggest week ever money-wise" edition:

Holy crap this was a brutal week on the wallet but all awesome stuff! I guess this makes up for last week and then some.

BATMAN #11
    BATTLE BEASTS #1
    CHEW: SECRET AGENT POYO #1 (ONE SHOT)
    DANCER #3 - Looking forward to this!
    DEMON KNIGHTS #11
    ENORMOUS ONE SHOT #1 - I had missed that this was treasury-sized so it makes more sense.
    HARBINGER (ONGOING) REG LOZZI CVR #2 - We'll see this is the make or break issue on this title for me.
    HELLBOY: LIBRARY EDITION, VOL. 05: DARKNESS CALLS & THE WILD
    HUNT HC- WOO_HOO!
    PLANETOID #2 - YES! LOVE THIS!
    REVIVAL CVR A FRISON #1 - I'm going in with an open mind, we'll see.
    RICHARD STARK'S PARKER: THE SCORE - Double WOO-HOO!!
    THE CROW #1 - Meh.
    THE MASSIVE #2 - I want to hate this but it sucked me in for #2
    THE TRANSFORMERS: REGENERATION ONE #81 - I'm a G1 TF whore.
    THE WALKING DEAD #100 (COVER H: CHARLIE ADLARD WRAP COVER) - Don't even care but I figured I should get the wrap around #100.
    WILD CHILDREN (ONE SHOT) - This I'm most interested for of the week! Mostly for Riley Rossmo's art but I hope the story doesn't suck. a big leap of faith.

Non-comic
    King Rat (Novel)
    ImagineFX Fantasy/Digital Art Magazine (expensive British import art mag)
    The Economist (beach reading about the Higgs boson)
    Juxtapose (art mag)
    Stranger in the Forest: On Foot Across Borneo (novel, beach read)
    Piglet's Rainy Day (Disney Classic Pooh) (beach read for my son)

I just extinguished my credit card from the flames.
  • Options
    @Zhurrie - I decided not to get Enormous, and had I realized it was treasury size I probably would have gotten it, but I don't remember seeing that in the solicit. Let me know how it is, I may hunt it down.
  • Options
    @Greg it was a surprise to me too when I saw it on the shelf... mine came from DCBS though so it will be a while for me. I'll flip through a copy if I get a chance in the shop to see how it seems. I spoke to my friend that owns the shop and he claimed that the solicit stated it was treasury sized but I don't remember that at all.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    just bought from comiXology:

- RASL Vol. 1: The Drift
    - League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century: 2009 (hope there will be a HC collecting all)
    - Alec: The Years Have Pants (TopShelf Sale!)
    - The Walking Dead Vol. 16: A Larger World (and will get the HC)
    - Double Barrel #2