Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Personally if I didnt have any experience, knowledge, or fondness of the character that I do, I doubt I would be able to keep watching.

• Options
    it is losing its steam with me. I think I just miss the "powers/abilities" that Smallville had and what Alphas on SciFi (stupid rename, not fooling anyone) shows..

Not my cuppa', I'd guess.
  • Options
    It's not high on my things to watch list because of how eh it is but then I look back and recall Smallville in season one was the same way. Smallville turned out to be one of my fav shows. I think this just needs time to mature.
  • Options
    Fringe's Seth Gabel will play Arrow's version of Count Vertigo.

TV Line
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    With Jeff Lemire on writing duties as of #17 in interested to read as we'll as watch Green Arrow!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited November 2012
    I'm still digging it. I've never been a huge Green Arrow fan but this show has it's hooks in me. Finally seeing Deathstroke was pretty cool(wonder if he'll be taking an arrow to the eye soon?). The island flash backs are cool. It seems like he went through a hell of a lot more than I originally thought he did.
  • Options
    Stunts video: Arrow vs China White.

http://youtu.be/HhJkLDn9S6g
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited November 2012
    I think I'm going to try this show.

To the Wayback machine!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm about a week behind on this show. The last one was when Ollie was put on trial for being Arrow. I have liked what I've seen so far even though I will say it's a predictable and familiar CW show. The person on the list thing can get old soon enough and what happens when the list is done? As for the main character, I see characteristics of Batman with the dual identity where Ollie Queen is actually the mask. Also, I see a bit of the Punisher with all of the inner monologue. It almost feels like Ollie is making some kind of journal of sorts. I like the nods to the comic and overall the show is not so bad. The show has it's moments and the fight scenes are very awesome. The fight with Deathstroke for example was very top notch. I like the show and I'll stick with it.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    All caught up (had to steal a little...or better... borrow...since series not yet shown over here in the German speaking parts) and still enjoying the ride quite a bit.

I wonder how many episodes they've planned for this - so many bridges are burned, so many folks erased and sometime soon the backstory with the island will be all told. Here's to hoping they won't do a "Lost" - where we get episodes that don't really lead to anything... Better to quit after 2 or 3 seasons on a high note.
  • Options
    I'm already assuming it's the island from Lost, and I keep half-expecting the smoke monster to pop up.
  • Options
    I like the stuff with the island and I'm going to disagree with something that Murd said about how he would like to see a whole episode of nothing but the island. The stuff you see in the island usually works into whatever is going on with Ollie in Starling City. For example, the episode with Deadshot, you see Ollie getting poisoned on the island and how he comes back from that and in the present day, he has to help Diggle so I don't mind getting snippets of the five years on the island. I'm curious to see the evolution of Ollie from the island.
  • Options
    David Anders has been cast as new villain, Cyrus Vanch. He is a career criminal recently released from a long stint in prison. He will attempt to take over Starling City's criminal underworld by eliminating the Arrow.

Zap2It
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    I've really enjoyed this show. I think it's getting better with each episode. There are somethings I don't like, the sister is extremely annoying. & I wish we would get more island time.
  • Options
    Huntress...woof...she's got a mouth like a torn pocket.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Personally I think the show is getting more rediculous with each episode. The sister is pretty annoying (the character and the actress) but the law office partner / bff chick is the most annoying to me. The body guard guy is likeable and different but they never need to reference afghanistan again. Im finding the main female lead to be increasingly more attractive. The male also only seems to actually perform in the island scenes.
  • Options
    Did anyone else find Ollie's lecturing Helena on her motivations a bit "pot/kettle"? At the heart, their motivations are pretty similar, Ollie just has a larger/more diverse list.

Love the Merlyn reveal.
  • Options
    JoeSergi said:

Did anyone else find Ollie's lecturing Helena on her motivations a bit "pot/kettle"? At the heart, their motivations are pretty similar, Ollie just has a larger/more diverse list.

It was, and I think it was deliberately so. I think the idea was for Ollie to see his own actions mirrored in Helena's. Now the question is: did he see and recognize it? And will it have any effect on his future actions? Will he now question and reassess his own vendetta?
  • Options
    Manu Bennett, who currently plays Crixus on Starz' s Spartacus, has been cast as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke. The masked character was originally portrayed by martial artist/stuntman Jeffrey C. Robinson in episode 5, but Bennett will take over the role as we see the character unmasked. Deathstroke will appear in multiple episodes in the second half of the season.

Green Arrow TV
  • Options
    How old was Tommy's dad when he got his mom pregnant? 10?
  • Options
    The actors themselves are 15 years apart. Of course Barrowman's character might be written as being even older. Another five and they'd be 20 years apart which would certainly be plausible. He does look young though and I thought the same thing you did when they first made the reveal.
  • Options
    I have a feeling if he laid off the botox and didn't dye his hair, he'd probably look old enough to be Tommy's father.

As with some shows, you just have to go with it. In the initial character descriptions, the Queens and Quentin are identified as being in their early 50s, so I will assume Mr. Merlyn is around that age.
  • Options
    Arrow is currently casting Shado for an appearance in episode 14.

Zap2It
  • Options
    You know, I know they want to keep this fairly street level, but I was really hoping for some actual costumes in this show. I was really disappointed the Huntress didn't have some sort of get up other than a motorcycle helmet and leathers. Deadshot's was barely passable. At least Deathstroke's was vaguely similar.
  • Options
    The previews show huntress with a mask in future episodes. I don't remember if she wears a new costume with it.

Deadshot's was weak but Deathstroke's works for me because they kept the mask(don't need the orange trunks).
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

The previews show huntress with a mask in future episodes. I don't remember if she wears a new costume with it.

Deadshot's was weak but Deathstroke's works for me because they kept the mask(don't need the orange trunks).

Yeah, I didn't have much of a problem with Deathstroke.
  • Options
    Former Teen Wolf actor, Colton Haynes, has been cast as Roy Harper.

TV Guide
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    tazmaniak said:

Former Teen Wolf actor, Colton Haynes, has been cast as Roy Harper.

TV Guide

That movie was like 30 years ago.

• Options
    I'm all caught up with this show and it's good. I loved the two part Huntress story. This mid-season finale though was awesome. We get the Dark Archer and it's exactly who I thought it would be which is rather awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing how the second half of this show fairs but I have really liked this show so far.
  • Options
    That the Dark Archer was Merlyn was no surprise, given that Merlyn has been a GA foe since the 70's (and a member of the League of Assassins as well; wonder if that comes in to play here?). I kept expecting Tommy Merlyn to turn out to be that Merlyn until it was revealed that Barrowman was his father; at that point, I became convinced he would be Merlyn the Archer. Then it was a matter of waiting for the reveal.