Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Recent/Upcoming

Comments

• Options
    hauberk said:

mwhitt80 said:

M Bison from Street Fighter was Raul Julia (Gomez from the Adams Family Movie)

One of the later sequels maybe? And WTF was Raul Julia doing in a Streetfighter movie? That blows my mind every time I think about it.
    Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li... Also starring Chris Klein as Charlie and Kristin Keurek as Chun-Li. The movie actually managed to be worse than the JCVD movie, an impressive feat if you ask me.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Also, Street Fighter was Julia's last film.

Terrible way to finish.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    The live-action Kiki's Delivery Service movie now has a second trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_EG-nrKck4#t=21
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    David_D said:

Terrible way to finish.

True, but I've also heard that he knew he was dying, and that film was the quickest opportunity for him to make money to leave behind for his family. So, at least there may have been some good intentions behind it. Still a shame that he couldn't have found something a little less trashy to go out on, though. Even another Addams Family would have been preferable to that.
  • Options
    Street Fighter was one of those amazing films where, everytime Raul Julia was on screen, I thought, "Wow, he is so above this role!" and everytime Jean Claude Van Damme was on screen, I thought, "Wow, he is so below this role."

It was fun to watch Kylie Minogue as Cammy, with her magical pants that changed from baggy to spandex-y, depending on the scene.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

WetRats said:

Finally saw the "Agent Carter" short last night.

I had not realized until then that Dum-Dum Dugan was played by the same actor who was Robert Quarles on "Justified".

He was also M. Bison, but people don't tend to talk about that.
    Which Street Fighter movie was worse? Street Fighter or Legend of Chun-Li? Its a tough call, though any movie that has Chris Klien in it is probably near the bottom...
    The First SF movie and Raul Julia chewing the scenery. It's worth a watch for that, and the quotable lines.

Legend was horrible from the word go.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    chrisw said:

David_D said:

Terrible way to finish.

True, but I've also heard that he knew he was dying, and that film was the quickest opportunity for him to make money to leave behind for his family. So, at least there may have been some good intentions behind it. Still a shame that he couldn't have found something a little less trashy to go out on, though. Even another Addams Family would have been preferable to that.
    I heard he let his kids pick this role.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

chrisw said:

David_D said:

Terrible way to finish.

I heard he let his kids pick this role.
    I've heard that too. Or, at least that they liked the game and he thought it would be nice to leave them with a film version starring their father.

I can picture his kids today thinking "Jeez, couldn't we have been into something a little more dignified for dad to go out on?"
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be seeing a bunch of new movies this week.
    I'm registered with several screening sites (Gofobo, SeeItFirst, Fox Searchlight, Sony, etc...). Basically the sites give away free passes to the advance screenings they show movie critics. The shows are usually overbooked so one needs to arrive early to ensure a seat, but that's a small price to pay for a pair of free movie passes. This week alone, I've received free passes to see Draft Day, The Grand Budapest Hotel, the Muppets Most Wanted (I'll be seeing that one this Saturday), and I'm entered in a drawing for Divergent tickets. Unfortunately, Draft Day and The Grand Budapest Hotel are scheduled to play concurrently at different theaters so I'll have to pick one (I'm leaning towards the Wes Anderson film). Anyhoo, if you happen to live near a major city, consider registering at one of those aforementioned sites. As long as you check (or uncheck as the case may be) the little box that opts you out of them inundating your email with 3rd party content, these free screener passes are a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

...these free screener passes are a pretty good deal.

I used to get them from the theater after seeing a matinee or for some of the comic book related films, some LCS's would have them. One summer I was able to see a lot if films before they were released. The one I remember the best was "A Night's Tale" and when I re-watched it later in DVD I noticed a couple of big changes. There is a director's cut out there somewhere!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    ScarJo reportedly offered part for the live action Ghost In The Shell film.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Variety is reporting that ScarJo is a done deal to play the lead in Ghost In The Shell

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58224
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    That is interesting casting.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Post deleted (sorry, glitch).
    A bunch of old posts that originally didn't process properly decided to go through multiple times at a much later date. Weird.

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is being rereleased in theaters on Sept 10th and 13th for its 35th anniversary. Tickets are available now.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to make tonight's 7:00pm (PST) showing of Wrath of Khan.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

I'm hoping to make tonight's 7:00pm (PST) showing of Wrath of Khan.

I went to a 2pm showing on the 10th. There were maybe 25 people in the theater but I think all 25 people left happy.
  • Options
    Hey, look! Marvel’s finally making a Black Widow movie!

Wait, that’s Fox, not Marvel. Ohhhh... Red Sparrow, not Black Widow. Never mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUBjoGm1ls
  • Options
    OriusOrius Posts: 188
    edited May 2018

Speaking of which - hey, look! Marvel's finally making a Hawkeye movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5B9jmB_4oM
    Or you could just imagine it's a CW Arrow movie finally making it to the big screen. Hm. How's that gonna connect with the DCEU though? :tongue:

In other news, Teen Titans Go is having a movie... "Ugh", right? Well...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-HmvBESZHM
    I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I really abhor what TT-Go stands for - a slap to the face of those who enjoyed the more dramatic original TT series - and this trailer still doesn't really change my mind much about that, especially with its embarrassing ways of mocking itself for being "non-serious". Many of the lighter MCU movies are non-serious done right (for the most part). TT-Go and Cartoon Network's obsession with staying hip with the youngsters by inserting cringey memes and outdated humor? Not so much (Black Panther's "What are those!" joke didn't count btw since that movie was produced in 2016, when the meme was still relevant).

On the other hand, I do kinda sorta like its meta-jabs at Deadpool and Green Lantern, I guess. I mean, it's still kinda a dated joke that everyone and their grandma have made already, but it's still rather... witty, maybe?

I don't know. Like I said, mixed feelings. Probably still not going to watch it though.
  • Options
    Orius said:

Speaking of which - hey, look! Marvel's finally making a Hawkeye movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5B9jmB_4oM
    Or you could just imagine it's a CW Arrow movie finally making it to the big screen. Hm. How's that gonna connect with the DCEU though? :tongue:

In other news, Teen Titans Go is having a movie... "Ugh", right? Well...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-HmvBESZHM
    I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I really abhor what TT-Go stands for - a slap to the face of those who enjoyed the more dramatic original TT series - and this trailer still doesn't really change my mind much about that, especially with its embarrassing ways of mocking itself for being "non-serious". Many of the lighter MCU movies are non-serious done right (for the most part). TT-Go and Cartoon Network's obsession with staying hip with the youngsters by inserting cringey memes and outdated humor? Not so much (Black Panther's "What are those!" joke didn't count btw since that movie was produced in 2016, when the meme was still relevant).

On the other hand, I do kinda sorta like its meta-jabs at Deadpool and Green Lantern, I guess. I mean, it's still kinda a dated joke that everyone and their grandma have made already, but it's still rather... witty, maybe?

I don't know. Like I said, mixed feelings. Probably still not going to watch it though.
    I, too, have mixed feelings about this one... a mixture of disgust and apathy.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Teen Titans Go is not really aimed at kids. It's aimed at Gen-X-ers who now have kids. Or Gen-X-ers who don't have kids, but still watch cartoons... It did a five part special that was a extended homage to DINO-RIDERS. What child is that for?

Anyway, looking forward to finally watching a new DC movie!
  • Options
    Brack said:

Teen Titans Go is not really aimed at kids. It's aimed at Gen-X-ers who now have kids. Or Gen-X-ers who don't have kids, but still watch cartoons... It did a five part special that was a extended homage to DINO-RIDERS. What child is that for?

The jokes are still embarrassing though.
  • Options
    Orius said:

Brack said:

No, it's great. Especially the episodes dedicated to baiting people who hatewatch it.
  • Options
    Brack said:

Orius said:

Brack said:

No, it's great. Especially the episodes dedicated to baiting people who hatewatch it.
    Eh, not sure what you're implying, but I've merely seen the above trailer alone. Didn't bother with the TV series.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPI9E-wNK8s
    Ho boy. It's one of those "THE Movie Title" movie titles. Sigh. And the trailer looks bad too. I never liked Iron Man 3, and Shane Black is the last choice I want for a Predator movie. Hope it doesn't suck.
  • Options
    Orius said:

Ho boy. It's one of those "THE Movie Title" movie titles. Sigh. And the trailer looks bad too. I never liked Iron Man 3, and Shane Black is the last choice I want for a Predator movie. Hope it doesn't suck.

Shane Black is the first choice I want.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Brack said:

Orius said:

Shane Black is the first choice I want.
    Can't say I'm surprised you would directly contradict what I said.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Didn't Shane black already do a predator movie?