Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Guys, I'm sorry but I need to be an a-hole for the next few week (or until my project gets funded) I'll try to limit this to this thread and the Kickstarter thread.

Please Donate!
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I just found out that the Colorado Symphony Orchestra is having a concert in late September where they will play the original songs from the Animaniacs television show, while the original voice actors, Rob Paulsen (Yakko), Jess Harnell (Wakko), and Tress MacNeille (Dot), sing!!! I've recently turned my kids on to Animaniacs and I'd love to take them (they're 9 and almost 4), but I don't know if they would be able to sit through the while thing. Ahhh! this would be so cool!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

WetRats said:
    Because the DC movies are a no fun zone. Now shut up and watch the cities being destroyed and LIKE IT! Oh, you like football? HERE'S FOOTBALL PLAYERS BEING KILLED IN AN EARTHQUAKE! Now shut up or we kill MORE people you might like!
    You'd better not be joking. You know how DC feels about jokes in regards to their movies!!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Canada is putting Superman on their money:

You can order them HERE.

I'm fine with those...well, not too sure about using Rocafort..better than a Jim Lee image, I guess.

• Options
    Anybody going to see the Ghost Busters rerelease this weekend?
  • Options
    Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and many more female celebrities have had their phones hacked. Tons of naked pics on the web's...yes, full frontal JLaw..won't post links here..just giving a heads up..so to speak.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and many more female celebrities have had their phones hacked. Tons of naked pics on the web's...yes, full frontal JLaw..won't post links here..just giving a heads up..so to speak.

It's being called... The Fappening >:)
  • Options

Mr_Cosmic said:

It's being called... The Fappening >:)
    Supposedly this guy has been offered mucho bucks by TMZ for the pics..he's only releasing them in small doses..I guess proving that he has what he says he has and probably waiting for the right offer.

Ladies, if you're famous and have a smart phone, don't keep nude pics of yourself on your device. Sheesh.

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I just discovered that I really, really like coffee ice cream.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    Greg said:

I just discovered that I really, really like coffee ice cream.

My wife has been eating a coffee/chocolate chip gellato thing all weekend, and it was pretty yummy.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    It occurred to me that as much as I love Star Trek, there is a SIZABLE (and I'm talking probably 3/4th) of the episodes of the original series that I have never seen, or at least not seen in their entirety. Sure, I've seen "Trouble with Tribbles" and "Space Seed" ad nauseum...but there were so many episodes I just took for granted yet never watched.

So I've taken to watching an episode a night, and man...what a great show that was, wasn't it?

Also, Yeoman Barrows (from "Shore Leave") is my new retro-crush. You guys can take your Yeoman Rand... :)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited September 2014
    Torchsong said:

So I've taken to watching an episode a night, and man...what a great show that was, wasn't it?

Warning: Season 3 contains some really weak* episodes.

Still, yeah. Great stuff overall.

And yes, Yeoman Barrows... rowr.

*IMNSHO
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited September 2014
    WetRats said:

Torchsong said:

*IMNSHO
    Agree on all accounts. A.) Everything about "Shore Leave" is awesome. B.) I hope you like omniscient child-like energy beings, because if you do, then season 3 is awesome.
  • Options

WetRats said:

Torchsong said:

*IMNSHO
    Agree on all accounts. A.) Everything about "Shore Leave" is awesome. B.) I hope you like omniscient child-like energy beings, because if you do, then season 3 is awesome.
    Not to mention extremely heavy-handed "metaphors."
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Torchsong said:

It occurred to me that as much as I love Star Trek, there is a SIZABLE (and I'm talking probably 3/4th) of the episodes of the original series that I have never seen, or at least not seen in their entirety. Sure, I've seen "Trouble with Tribbles" and "Space Seed" ad nauseum...but there were so many episodes I just took for granted yet never watched.

Also, Yeoman Barrows (from "Shore Leave") is my new retro-crush. You guys can take your Yeoman Rand... :)

thats funny i just made the same discovery recently. there are several if not dozens of episodes that i've never seen. I just bought the blu-ray set for all three seasons and the animated series (season 4 sort of) it has been a treat. also i like that you can choose on the blu ray to watch with or without the enhanced FX. wish Star Wars would do that
  • Options

WetRats said:

Torchsong said:

*IMNSHO
    I'm only through the first part of season 1 and we've already had a couple omniscient child-like energy beings (Trelaine and Charlie-X) so I'm guessing that was pretty much a plot point throughout their five-year mission.

So far front-running episodes for me have been: Where No Man Has Gone Before, What Are Little Girls Made Of?, Balance of Terror, Shore Leave, and The Cage (even though technically that's the pilot, I still dug it).
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

WetRats said:

Torchsong said:

*IMNSHO
    I'm only through the first part of season 1 and we've already had a couple omniscient child-like energy beings (Trelaine and Charlie-X) so I'm guessing that was pretty much a plot point throughout their five-year mission.

So far front-running episodes for me have been: Where No Man Has Gone Before, What Are Little Girls Made Of?, Balance of Terror, Shore Leave, and The Cage (even though technically that's the pilot, I still dug it).
    Great episodes all.
  • Options
    Last night we had a double-feature: The Return of the Archons (never saw it) and Space Seed (never get tired of seeing it). Loved Archons as well, just for the sheer creepiness factor.

The best part, of course was when Khan shoves the female Lt. away and shouts "Go then! Or stay but DO IT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO!"

At which point, I look over at my wife and say "Dammit. I should have used that for our wedding vows."

The couch is very comfortable at our house. :)
  • Options
    Also, Ricardo Montalban's Khan would kick Benedict Cumberbatch's Khan's ass... :)
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Thursday Night Football is a bad idea.
    Pro football needs to keep to Sunday and Monday and leave the other days for HS & College football.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Also, Ricardo Montalban's Khan would kick Benedict Cumberbatch's Khan's ass... :)

From here to Ceti Alpha Six.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    WetRats said:

Torchsong said:

From here to Ceti Alpha Six.
    THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!!!!
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Okay; so I was making the most recent episode of my YouTube show and the first box I opened contained Issue #0 of Soulfire from Aspen Entertainment...How may issues of that comic came out because I plum forgot. Also, did anyone else know that they were still making this book in 2009?
  • Options
    The internet machine is telling me that today is Jamie's Birthday.

I got a little dusty after I read that.
  • Options
    rebis said:

Pro football needs to keep to Sunday and Monday and leave the other days for HS & College football.

I think that the TV Networks would be damn happy if there were football every night of the week. It's the last thing that gets massive ratings, and pulls a young, male audience.
  • Options

rebis said:

I think that the TV Networks would be damn happy if there were football every night of the week. It's the last thing that gets massive ratings, and pulls a young, male audience.
    True.
    I have a feeling that Cuban was more than a bit prophetic when he refereed to the NFL as a fat hog. With all the coverage of concussions and all the problems that come with multiple concussions, the number of kids going out for football has fallen. Now, I don't have numbers to back this up. This is from talking to local youth league coaches.