Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited September 2014
    WetRats said:

rebis said:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

It's probably just me, but the Imaginext and the Marvel stuff for younger kids (don't remember who puts them out. Sorry) just have a better ... feel to them. They have a geeky innocence that the toys for older kids and collectors don't have.

Last time I looked, the Imaginext Superman still had red pants, too.
    True. Unfortunately, I also noticed the DCnU Smirky version along with a GL in the movie outfit. On the plus side, GL in the movie outfit comes with Ch'p.
  • Options
    I have a bit of a song stuck in my head. I can't remember the name of it and it's driving me batty. It's a Bob Mould song, but I can't remember if it's Sugar or his later stuff. All I can remember is that it's got something to do with a birthday.

Help Me!
  • Options
    Not ringing any bells. There’s “Gift” from File Under Easy Listening, but it’s not really about a birthday.

But thanks for the excuse to listen to some Bob Mould!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,621
    Well that was a crappy weekened for watching football. At least the Hawks didn't get sold to Seattle on Sunday.

I don't know if I've ever complained about this, but I've been off the Mark Richt bandwagon since 2006. Somethings are unforgivable (like losing to UK and Vandy in the same year). I have wanted him fired; now I'm resigned to the fact he'll be at UGA for the next 30 years. Ohh well some fans think looking at the promised land is the same as entering it. The only way UGA wins a national championship with him at the helm will be an accident; he's blown too many stupid games for me to believe otherwise.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The Saints lost to Cleveland...CLEVELAND! They're not even a real TEAM! :) :)
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

The Saints lost to Cleveland...CLEVELAND! They're not even a real TEAM! :) :)

ATL got blown out by the Bungles. Without AJ Green, ponder that for a second.

That's sort of like losing to the Brian Hoyer Browns when you have more throwing and rushing yards, and first downs. ;)

I had to take a shot this weekend has left be bitter; I hate sports.
  • Options
    TS it could be worse. We could be fans of these teams:
    The Giants
    The Cowboys
    Tampa Bay
    The Panthers
    &
    Jacksonville
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

TS it could be worse. We could be fans of these teams:
    The Giants

*hangs head in shame*
  • Options
    The friggin' Giants. With 10:10 left to play, they led Arizona 14-13. The defense only allowed 37 offensive yards for the rest of the game, and they lost by 11.
  • Options
    Is there a way the Relegation could be incorporated into the NFL? I think it would be great.
  • Options

the Colombian Women's Cycling team.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Twice...TWICE today my cat brought a mouse into the house. Suffice to say, she's not allowed to run around outside anymore.
  • Options

Twice...TWICE today my cat brought a mouse into the house. Suffice to say, she's not allowed to run around outside anymore.

Were they dead or was she still playing with them?
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Just read my very first full issue written and drawn by Jack Kirby: Kamandi: The Last boy in Earth #1. If I had read that when I was 10 years old I would have been on a much different career path. That was amazing and gorgeous to look at. Now I gotta read the rest of them ($0.99 each on comiXology!).

His style is so much better than a lot of artists out there. They could do themselves a favor and study his work a little more. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but dang that was fun!
  • Options
    Kamandi was a book I had not read until just recently, and while it's aimed at younger readers than The New Gods and The Demon, it was inventive, fun and created a GREAT world that he could have told stories in for decades.

And those two page spreads....
  • Options
    Surge soft drink is back. OK Soda and Crystal Pepsi both sit in a corner, unloved, alone, and crying..
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Holding out for this stuff.

Not really. It was vile.

Beautiful, but nasty.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Just read my very first full issue written and drawn by Jack Kirby: Kamandi: The Last boy in Earth #1. If I had read that when I was 10 years old I would have been on a much different career path. That was amazing and gorgeous to look at. Now I gotta read the rest of them ($0.99 each on comiXology!).

His style is so much better than a lot of artists out there. They could do themselves a favor and study his work a little more. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but dang that was fun!

Just wait till you get to issue #6.
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of this. Did anyone watch it last week? Worth checking out?

Z Nation Is SyFy's Highest Rated Acquired Scripted Series Since Doctor Who

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/15/z-nation-is-syfys-highest-rated-acquired-scripted-series-since-d/
    Z Nation, SyFy’s new zomebie series, reached 1.6 million total viewers during its premiere on September 12, making it SyFy’s highest rated acquired scripted series premiere since Doctor Who in 2006.

[snip]

In Z Nation, three years have passed since the zombie virus has gutted the country, and a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood. Although the antibodies he carries are the world’s last, best hope for a vaccine, he hides a dark secret that threatens them all. With humankind’s survival at stake, the ragtag band embarks on a journey of survival across three thousand miles of rusted-out post-apocalyptic America. Z Nation stars Harold Perrineau (Oz, Lost) Tom Everett Scott (Southland, Beauty and the Beast), DJ Qualls (Supernatural), Michael Welch (Twilight trilogy), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show) Anastasia Baranova (The Darkness II) as Addy, Russell Hodgkinson (Big Fish) as Doc and Keith Allan (Rise of the Zombies) as Murphy.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

What career path would you have taken? Post-apocolyptic boy adventurer? I'm from south GA and even the schools here would frown upon the tattered pants-shorts and shirtless combo.
    If you tell me you wanted to be a dog-scientist I'll slap you.

Speaking of Kirby, I've been watching Batman Brave & the Bold again on Netflix. I love the openings, and there are so many Kirby creations used. The OMAC episode is an amazing Kirby lovefest, as is the Mr. Miracle opening for a Last Batman on Earth (a Kamandi episode).
  • Options

In Z Nation, three years have passed since the zombie virus has gutted the country, and a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood. Although the antibodies he carries are the world’s last, best hope for a vaccine, he hides a dark secret that threatens them all. With humankind’s survival at stake, the ragtag band embarks on a journey of survival across three thousand miles of rusted-out post-apocalyptic America. Z Nation stars Harold Perrineau (Oz, Lost) Tom Everett Scott (Southland, Beauty and the Beast), DJ Qualls (Supernatural), Michael Welch (Twilight trilogy), Kellita Smith (The Bernie Mac Show) Anastasia Baranova (The Darkness II) as Addy, Russell Hodgkinson (Big Fish) as Doc and Keith Allan (Rise of the Zombies) as Murphy.

How can we have one survivor and a group of everday heroes? Even if we are talking about one American survivor there couldn't be a lab in california.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

How can we have one survivor and a group of everday heroes? Even if we are talking about one American survivor there couldn't be a lab in california.

Yeah, I noted that. Was wondering if he's the only survivor from New York perhaps?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Not ringing any bells. There’s “Gift” from File Under Easy Listening, but it’s not really about a birthday.

But thanks for the excuse to listen to some Bob Mould!

I have also been listening to a lot Bob Mould, trying to find this song. My 15 year old has heard some and really likes it.
    Made me happy.
  • Options

I hadn't heard of this. Did anyone watch it last week? Worth checking out?

Z Nation Is SyFy's Highest Rated Acquired Scripted Series Since Doctor Who

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/15/z-nation-is-syfys-highest-rated-acquired-scripted-series-since-d/

Z Nation, SyFy’s new zomebie series, reached 1.6 million total viewers during its premiere on September 12, making it SyFy’s highest rated acquired scripted series premiere since Doctor Who in 2006.

[snip]

Sounds more like Zzzzzzzzzz Nation to me.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I think what is meant is that he contracted the virus but didn't become a zzzzzzzombie.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Eh, I like Harold Perrineau and DJ Qualls. I'll throw one of my family-allocated DVR slots at it and see if it sticks. Formal review to follow ...

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    rebis said:

I have a bit of a song stuck in my head. I can't remember the name of it and it's driving me batty. It's a Bob Mould song, but I can't remember if it's Sugar or his later stuff. All I can remember is that it's got something to do with a birthday.

Help Me!

It's not "Your Favorite Thing" is it? That song was always on my list of "Songs I wish we'd covered when I was still gigging in clubs".
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,883
    edited September 2014

WetRats said:

Eh, I like Harold Perrineau and DJ Qualls. I'll throw one of my family-allocated DVR slots at it and see if it sticks. Formal review to follow ...

"Family-Allocated DVR Slots" is my new drag name.
  • Options
    David_D said:

"Family-Allocated DVR Slots" is my new drag name.

Well, it'll certainly leave things open to interpretation.

• Options

WetRats said:

Not the cast's fault, it's simply a case of a: being bored to tears by zombies, and b: the shameless attempt to shoehorn* in on Walking Dead's popularity.

*@Matt, sometimes a crowbar is overkill. ;)